Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    To be fair though, Rebirth JL is really poorly written. You don't expect to find any nuance there with Superman in any of Hitch's writing, situations more Superman-like where he can be determined and worried but also pragmatic and responsible to the situation at the same time. The whole situation was just written so there could be more Superman/Batman tension, which in of itself is tired as all hell.
    Indeed Sacred Knight...poorly written, or at least written with no joined up thinking...but it still reflects a character trait that goes too easily with a Superdad..

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    That's not really it, though. Batman leads him to a point where they watch Lois and Jon vanish in an energy field right in front of them. Superman wants to go find them, but Batman pleads for his help with the Infinity group and gets it. The only real tension is that dig Batman makes about Superman watching... which fans opposed to the return of pre-Flashpoint Superman also make.

"And you trust them?"
    "I don't trust many people, but I believe them. That good enough?"
    "Good enough for me."
    Hey Kuwagaton, don't forget the bit where Supeman says to Batman "Don‘t make me go through you.." and "if you're wrong, it's me you'll answer too.."...quite tense...

I'm not knocking Superdad, I like him..just agreeing that a character trait is being portrayed which can be seen as understandably disagreeable to other Superman fans...

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Indeed Sacred Knight...poorly written, or at least written with no joined up thinking...but it still reflects a character trait that goes too easily with a Superdad..
    I'm putting that down to Hitch's one-dimensional Superman.

Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

This forum needs a "like" button, because this post can't be liked enought.
    Last edited by TheCape; 02-17-2017 at 12:39 PM.

The bad writing is probably just a consequence of many writers' desire to show Superman snapping. Family in danger or dying just seems to be an easy set up; I can't help but think how Loeb portrayed Superman as an overprotective cousin in the return of Supergirl arc.

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post

if that doesn't address the "he only cares about his family" complaint, I don't know what else will.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dangleo61288 View Post
    I like it. This is the natural progression of Superman's and Lois's relationship. Love, marriage, and baby. They should of done it years ago.
    They kind of tried.

But Chris Kent was only a swerve in the end.

And a retcon swerve at that.

I'll agree that this is what should have happened in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    unless WW has the power to magically turn herself into an kryptonian, the way Zeus can turn himself into duck, then no.
    that is exacly the reason for polymorph

Quote Originally Posted by Agniwolf View Post
    that is exacly the reason for polymorph
    she isn't a polymorph, is my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Agniwolf View Post
    thing is maxima has stated that her species specifically can breed with kryptonians without drawbacks, as for wonder woman, as much i i like the pairing i have to agree with the exception that it would only work if she is demigoddess, (because polymorph adaptation from the gods), otherwise the only candidates would be faora/ursa and kara. as for kon he is a byproduct of genetic engineering (not breeding) and we dont know if he would be sterile or not, if not he is the most likelly to be the bridge
    Seems like it would actually make for interesting reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris24601 View Post
    I can see it now... what if Jor-El chose to send his son to Westeros instead of Earth? He lands in the middle of a years' long winter and is adopted by the childless House Kent, but his powers don't develop until many years later when summer and sufficient sunlight finally arrives. He ends up making an Ice Fortress retreat in the Lands Ever Winter and makes enemies of the Others/White Walkers while the Red Priests decide that he's their god made flesh for his ability to shoot fire from his eyes. Then his cousin Kara shows up and because its Game of Thrones they obviously hook up because first cousins in Westeros is so normal it might as well be a white heterosexual couple who met in college getting married, having two point five kids and getting a house in the suburbs with a white picket fence. Maybe they could throw in some duty before love thing too where Lois of House Lane is his true love, but he is duty bound to marry his cousin to continue the family lineage (and the power it grants... which was the whole reason for all the Targ incest).

Also Superman punching dragons... Because SUPERMAN. PUNCHING. DRAGONS! There is no downside to that particular part of the equation.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

I've come to really enjoy having the kid around. Jon is a well written character, and I'm enjoying watching his relationship with Lois and Clark.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Hey Kuwagaton, don't forget the bit where Supeman says to Batman "Don‘t make me go through you.." and "if you're wrong, it's me you'll answer too.."...quite tense...
    I didn't forget it, I posted what came after. His instinct to seeing his wife and son erased in front of him gave way to co-operation.

Amazing Member

Show me a superhero who doesn't care about saving their loved ones.

Yes, Superman should always prioritise the greater good, but hey, he's not perfect even though some of you here desparately want him to be.

In a theoretical choice between saving his family and saving the world, I think a Superman who initially wants to save his family but then realises he has to do the greater good is more interesting than a robotic Superman who always does the right thing immediately with no hesitation.

It's ok for Superman to act somewhat irrational in the face of emotional distress. What makes him a hero is the ability to overcome that and do the right thing.

consider that it is Good that superman is married to lois and have his son jon kent because that gives a development and evolution to the character I am supporter that the characters have to evolve and I see nothing wrong with the superheroes are happy