Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Slott's done more good than bad, imo

Astonishing Member

None,as far as i can see.
    Even Felicia Hardy which had undergone a diferent new characterisation was something that i have found interesting.
    In fact Felicia Hardy being a villain again due the events in the Superior Spider-Man stories was something that i found to be a cool new direction to the character cause she was a villain in the first stories she apeared.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    None,as far as i can see.
    Even Felicia Hardy which had undergone a diferent new characterisation was something that i have found interesting.
    In fact Felicia Hardy being a villain again due the events in the Superior Spider-Man stories was something that i found to be a cool new direction to the character cause she was a villain in the first stories she apeared.
    Morally grey perhaps, but not an irrational idiot like she was post-Superior. There's a difference there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Morally grey perhaps, but not an irrational idiot like she was post-Superior. There's a difference there.
    Opinions vary.
    To me the previous characterisation of Felicia was kind of boring,so it had been interesting to see this new characterisation of Felicia.

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

Just Felicia Hardy for me. IMO he kinda dropped the ball on other characters sometimes but didn't really "ruin" them. Also I'm still waiting for CC to end 100% before I come to a verdict on Ben.

Peter Parker, hands down

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingFantasy View Post
    Just Felicia Hardy for me. IMO he kinda dropped the ball on other characters sometimes but didn't really "ruin" them. Also I'm still waiting for CC to end 100% before I come to a verdict on Ben.
    Pretty much this. Plus no character is truly ruined when their status quo will be changed either when Slott leaves or before he does (i.e. Felicia reveals she was playing criminals to screw them over). My general prediction on Ben is that maybe he wasn't fully himself due to insanity or being controlled by Warren somehow, and then he gets to chase the Clone villains.
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Ultimate Member

None in my humble opinion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    To me the previous characterisation of Felicia was kind of boring,so it had been interesting to see this new characterisation of Felicia.
    How was she boring previously, which issues are you talking about?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    true enough, though i'd extend it beyond skill set and say "style" or "focus". plot driven writing isn't necessarily less worthy than character driven and some writers are just better at one over the other and some can balance.

and the "view" on out-of-character is also dependent on the viewer as well.
    A writer can come up with a story where say Sherlock Holmes is a modern-day, grand imperial wizard in the KKK, or Alice of Alice In Wonderland is a seafaring pirate with scurvy, but these types of out-of-character approaches aren't too useful when attempted with a character who has consistent monthly publishing like Spider-Man.

Especially when TPTB make a lot of noises about the need for "preserving" the character for future readers. It just comes off as hypocritical.

BANNED

Since when Dan Slott ruined Dock Ock?
    The guy managed to break the Normania that was dominating Marvel for the past decades.

None. I may not like how he's portrayed one or two characters, but nothing has been close to irreparable.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Since when Dan Slott ruined Dock Ock?
    The guy managed to break the Normania that was dominating Marvel for the past decades.
    Since Superior for me (unpopular opinion, i know), mostly because i think that he was acting like a cartoon of himself.

Eh, the Normania, at least in the Spider-Man books wasn't that big. He didn't show up that often.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmazingFantasy View Post
    Yeah, I agree.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Since Superior for me (unpopular opinion, i know), mostly because i think that he was acting like a cartoon of himself.

Eh, the Normania, at least in the Spider-Man books wasn't that big. He didn't show up that often.
    That's because, before Dan's Big Time run begun, the Marvel U was recovering from the Siege of Asgard.

Superior managed to give Otto some major credits and even before that, he managed to upgrade him into a threat that earned the attention of the Avengers and the FF.