Mighty Member

Default AFTER DC vs. Watchmen : who wants Marvel vs DC?

If the world of Watchmen can cross into DCU, howabout another DC vs Marvel crossover after that storyline finishes?

What can we do to make it better than the 90's crossover?

I'd like a number of miniseries such as Harley Quinn vs Marvel, Deadpool vs DC

The two could smash their way through Gwenpool, Squirrel girl, Thyphoid Mary/ Deadshot, Deathstroke, Lobo etc
    before a Harley/Deadpool crossover...

Maybe another Amalgam too : Quinnpool, Mole man/Penguin fusion etc..

YOUR ideas on this one?

DC owns Watchmen, so that was easy for them. DC/Marvel crossovers are garbage. It feels like the writing is always off for one character or another, the art is off for one character or another, and they never have the audacity to make any real decisions because both parties would be politically offended if any of THEIR characters were overshadowed by the other. This is all my opinion, however many have shared similar accusations.
    Pulling:
    Batman, Detective Comics, The Sentry, Mister Miracle, Venom

BANNED

How would it be if image vertigo the mighty crusaders DC Marvel power rangers future quest and any other company who wants in participate in a mega crossover to end all crossovers.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

If the story is quality, why not. But I'd rather them team-up with some scuffles along the way. "Two sets of people fight!!" isn't really a story. But two teams come together to solve a problem and interact along the way, that's actually interesting.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

No thank you. The 90's mini-series was enough. No need to do it again. Besides, why taint Rebirth my making it crossover with the all-new all-different all-full of baloney shattered Marvel Now!?
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Extraordinary Member

If done well, then absolutely. Hopefully the Marvel heroes would say "Hey, last time we met you guys, you seemed different. Wasn't there a Martian on your team?" and then the DC guys would say "Oh yeah, you're right. Can't believe we forgot that (and other things)."

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Marvel? What's Marvel?

The tabloid sized crossovers they did in the late 70's, early 80's, were pretty good but the comics they did later were utter shite!

On the one hand, crossover's between DC and Marvel are always rife with story potential, and maybe there would be a story to be told with the modern versions of both DC and Marvel coming together at this point.

And yet...I think the divide and rivalry between the companies is probably the biggest it's ever been right now, and on-top of all the legalities it would probably be very difficult for DC and Marvel to come together to facilitate a crossover on this scale again.

Not to mention you would need a strong writer who could handle not writing a crossover story so epic in scope but would also be willing to do justice to both sides and their sprawling cast of characters.

Going into fanboy mode here, but this is an important part of many of the stories.

Are we talking a world where the characters have always coexisted? Obviously for a story like Avengers/JLA, that was a huge part of it. The major teams of both wor;ds coming together made for an epic adventure. But if we did Batman/Punisher? If that's the book, then interdimensional shuffling's out of place.

Another opinion of mine is that if the two companies restart this, they should begin with a couple of characters, not huge teams. Batman/Spider Man or Superman / Captain Marvel, Let's see the casts interact and how they compare. That's what we want. Not a DC hero pounding on Thanos or the Avengers pounding on Darkseid. Cap seeing Jason's uniform in the Batcave was a powerful scene.

That's what I'd like to see.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Another opinion of mine is that if the two companies restart this, they should begin with a couple of characters, not huge teams. Batman/Spider Man or Superman / Captain Marvel, Let's see the casts interact and how they compare. That's what we want. Not a DC hero pounding on Thanos or the Avengers pounding on Darkseid. Cap seeing Jason's uniform in the Batcave was a powerful scene.

That's what I'd like to see.
    I agree that they should start small if they were to do this. Seeing heroes from Marvel and DC interacting and how they compare would be something I'd like to see. Also as an aside that image of Cap seeing Jason's uniform in the Batcave has stuck with me through the years.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

This reminds me that I've been wanting a Batman/Spider-Man animated movie for a while now...

BANNED

I would like to see the atomic skull and the ghost rider arguing over whose skull is more scary and blazing more hotly.

Swiss army nerd

"Captain... You've been an inspiration to me for as long as I can remember. My parents sent me to this world, a refugee from total extinction, and I was welcomed with open arms. Growing up, I read about your exploits in World War II, how you fought to protect people like me...to protect everyone from the forces that would do them harm. As my own powers emerged, my dad would ask me when I got scared, "What would Captain America do?" We got through it together. And with your help, even though you didn't know it. When I found you in that ice, Cap, I can't even tell you. I was as happy as I've ever been. But, Cap... None of this is real."

Superman realises he's been inserted into the history of the Marvel universe as effectively an omniversal refugee, the last hope of collapsing creation. Darkseid and Thanos have become the alpha and the omega, Infinity and Anti-Life. They are tearing apart everything that ever is, was and ever will be to rebuild it in the manner they see fit. They started at the DC universe and are working their way in. Superman must convince the Avengers that his alternate history is true, rally the heroes of Marvel and rely on them to pull the DC heroes from oblivion, so that the two worlds can mount one last assault on Thanos and Darkseid. Dr Strange and the other mystics, plus Reed and the science squad, manage to pool their power to rip the DCU back into existence. There's an error - the two universes combine, so that it's not just Superman who existed in the Marvel U, but the two worlds share a history. They must peel themselves apart and learn to work together, before saving...everything.

No I am not bored why do you ask?