Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Final Guesses: Who is Clark Kent? *Spoilers* *Identity revealed*

By this time next month, we should know for sure who the mystery Clark Kent is, so let's use this thread to make our final guesses going into Reborn.

Right now I'm leaning towards Superboy-Prime.

He's a Geoff Johns favorite, and Johns is the architect of Rebirth.
    Prime was referenced in an issue of Nightwing, so we know he's not forgotten.
    Clark Kent act creepily while believing he has good intentions.
    His interaction with Lois, basically demanding a date with her, reminds me of Prime's entitlement issues.
    Lois noticed that he eats like a kid.

At first glace this cover is depicting Superman removing his disguise, and that the bloody S symbol is a reference to DOS because tragedy strikes the Kent/Smith family.

I think it's the other Clark Kent removing his shirt and exposing the S symbol scar that Prime carved into his chest. The lack of the scar Connor gave him is because it would be too much of a giveaway, so we'll just be left to assume it healed somehow.

Prime is known to physically age-up when he absorbs extra energy, and the cover to Action Comics #974 has him emitting blue lightning. Prime can subconsciously alter his physical state, this could explain why he's physically human. Let's not forget that the guy is from Earth-Prime and does have reality warping powers, even if he isn't fully aware of them.

I don't want it to be Prime, because I don't think anyone other Johns has utilized the character well since his return, and I don't trust the current creative team, but he seems the mostly likely suspect.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 03-06-2017 at 05:21 PM.

BANNED

Or it could be Superman Blue.

That would explain the blue lightning, and why he's "human", because during his energy days, Superman was human until he transformed into his energy state.

I think the "Luthor should die" rules out, or really should rule out him being N52 Superman. I think he's prime too for the reasons you mentioned, there is something really immature about the guy. Kinda hoping it's still Henshaw, though I think they are doing the long game with him and right now he's suppose to be the "red herring"

BANNED

maybe it's conner aged up confused and suffering from identity crisis or matrix Supergirl in the same situation.

1.Some kind of mental construct made by Blanque.
    2.Superboy-Prime
    3.Conduit or Pre-Flashpoint Henshaw (althought this one is the most unlikely)

With Hank seemingly off the table I'm going to go back to Matrix, actually. In fact despite him being really creepy, there's more evidence here than meets the eye.

Creepiness: Matrix once before lost her marbles and thought she was Clark. Perhaps the same is happening here only now she thinks she's just Clark instead of Superman as well. As as time wears on and her mental faculties continue to fail, she overcompensates more and more, increasingly exaggerating Kent's known foibles. Hell perhaps Blanque is responsible for this, he does employ mind control right?

Suggesting Lex should be killed: Matrix has a very traumatic past with Lex Luthor. She fell in love with him as he reminded her of her pocket universe's heroic Lex. But he was just using her the entire time, eventually having had her cloned many times over, betraying her.

The rain doesn't bother Clark: One of Mae's power is the ability to create force fields.

The doorman hasn't seen Clark Kent in months even though Lois just saw him enter the building: One of Mae's powers is invisibility.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-15-2017 at 07:43 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I stick with my old theory that he's somehow generated from one of the lightning bolts that came out Superman's body in Final Days. I haven't think much about who he is beyond that.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 02-15-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

New 52 Superman with his memory wiped. I'm still holding out hope that if Superboy Prime does show up again, it'll be a redemption story where he stops being a bad guy. I really want to be able to enjoy COIE again.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    New 52 Superman with his memory wiped. I'm still holding out hope that if Superboy Prime does show up again, it'll be a redemption story where he stops being a bad guy. I really want to be able to enjoy COIE again.
    I'd hate that, solely because of the "Luthor should die," thing. I mean N52 Superman hated Luthor's guts as much as the next Supes, Lex did torture him after all, but he still at least kinda gave him the benefit of the doubt after Forever Evil.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

We'll probably know next week in action comics honestly. Reborn already has too much to cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Really hope this isn't the case.

BANNED

Matrix was able to go invisible,and the Clark does just disappear at the door to his apt so I never know.

I'm thinking this will be NOBODY we actually want back,but something that might be briefly mentioned in a year,but won't around or matter then.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Haha, what's your final guess, Clementine?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    With Hank seemingly off the table I'm going to go back to Matrix, actually. In fact despite him being really creepy, there's more evidence here than meets the eye.
    I haven't been able to decide, nothing feels like a strong certainty. So I might as well agree.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Haha, what's your final guess, Clementine?
    Prime.

No, Superman Blue.

No, a construct by Manhattan.

No, Hank Henshaw.

No...Uh.

I think it's probably prime

But has anyone tossed around the idea that it's actually dr Manhattan?

BANNED

Don't joke or someone will say it is doc savage.