Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: IvX #4 SPOILERS

Default IvX #4 SPOILERS

- Medusa and the Inhumans break out. They go to find Black Bolt... they assume he is in the school or Forges workshop. Medusa tells Johnny to watch the school as the rest head to the workshop so they don't get outflanked. Johnny puts a fire dome around it

- Reader sends Mosaic to find Magneto, with a warning to stay away from blondes, red heads, and to put the helmet on immediately

- Mosaic finds Magneto, but Magneto fights him off quickly. Xmen realize that they didn't account for the NuHumans and things may be getting out of control. Various xmen are starting to not trust Emma's plan

- Mosaic steals the Black Bird (we found out last week he took over Tyke)

- Storm realizes the Royals are out. She tells Colossus to stall them as long a spossible as the priority is finding Forge.

- Cut to the nuhumans who have forge knocked out still. Blackbird arrives, mosiac comes out, tells them the royals are in Limbo but wha tis more important.... in a few days the cloud will kill all the mutants or they have to leave earth

- Kamala wonders who the good guys actually are?

(has anyone told Medusa that the cloud was going to do this? I can't remember)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Emma is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo going to take the fall for all this.

I would guess someone (Kamala?) tells Medusa what the cloud is going to do, they agree to have it destroyed... and Emma continues to mentally break and attacks anyway.

Its obvious the cloud is stopped somehow with the Royals leaving Earth and well... there are still Xmen books coming out lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I would guess someone (Kamala?) tells Medusa what the cloud is going to do, they agree to have it destroyed... and Emma continues to mentally break and attacks anyway.

Its obvious the cloud is stopped somehow with the Royals leaving Earth and well... there are still Xmen books coming out lol
    Someone on the X-Boards theorized the same thing. I too think Emma is going to be thrown under the bus.

That is how I see it too. Its a shame, was hoping that Emma would be around for the new X-books but it looks like she may be put out of action for a while. I get the feeling Kamala is going to be the heart of this and convince the Inhumans to do the right thing.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Something that bugs me, Mosiac's hosts become unconscious after he leaves them right? Why was Magneto conscious but Cyclops wasn't. Also why does Soule imply telepaths can resist Mosiac?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Someone on the X-Boards theorized the same thing. I too think Emma is going to be thrown under the bus.
    I've predicted it since DOX, Soule and Lemire aren't subtle with their foreshadowing. Emma caused both conflicts by pushing for conflict over diplomacy and it seems the the final issue will have Medusa shatter her, or hopefully Black Bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    That is how I see it too. Its a shame, was hoping that Emma would be around for the new X-books but it looks like she may be put out of action for a while. I get the feeling Kamala is going to be the heart of this and convince the Inhumans to do the right thing.
    I'm hoping it goes more like Medusa finds out, has the cloud contained or destroyed and then berates the X-Men for attacking rather than just bringing her this information to begin with.

(has anyone told Medusa that the cloud was going to do this? I can't remember)
    Nope. Only Inhumans with this information are the Nuhumans.

It's always handy to have a scape goat in hero vs hero conflict, and Emma works beautifully because she's a former villain that even her allies don't 100% trust most of the time.

In theory the X-Men and Inhumans can eventually unite against Emma, save the day, and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Something that bugs me, Mosiac's hosts become unconscious after he leaves them right? Why was Magneto conscious but Cyclops wasn't. Also why does Soule imply telepaths can resist Mosiac?
    To me, I read it as Magneto having such a strong telepathic defense that it didn't affect him the same. Mosaic wasn't even able to fully control him like he had everyone else. He got inside Magneto and basically freaked out a bit. I don't remember him having any trouble at all controlling and immediately "copying" the person's maneurisms immediately. He couldn't do it with Magneto.

Parker's mental defenses were able to fight Mosaic away from is "personal" part of his brain... so I guess mental defenses work to an extent with Mosaic if they are strong enough. And Magneto has some of the strongest, non telepathicc mental defenses out there. Hence why he said he coudln't even get into many of the brains of the Xmen.

Basically... Mosaic is a brand new character and his power set isn't fully defined. The fact he coudl even waltz into the room and not be immediately detecte dby the 10 billion telepaths the Xmen have is impressive in its own sense.

Or given that "Cyclops is literally worse than Hitler", Medusa is still going to choose the cloud; but Emma gets blamed for everything anyways.

I'm hoping it goes more like Medusa finds out, has the cloud contained or destroyed and then berates the X-Men for attacking rather than just bringing her this information to begin with.
    To which the X-Men then rebuke the Inhumans for letting it get this far in the first place!

(This can go on for a long time... I just hope they grudgingly shake hands and both side can go about there business.)

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

To me, I read it as Magneto having such a strong telepathic defense that it didn't affect him the same. Mosaic wasn't even able to fully control him like he had everyone else. He got inside Magneto and basically freaked out a bit. I don't remember him having any trouble at all controlling and immediately "copying" the person's maneurisms immediately. He couldn't do it with Magneto.

Parker's mental defenses were able to fight Mosaic away from is "personal" part of his brain... so I guess mental defenses work to an extent with Mosaic if they are strong enough. And Magneto has some of the strongest, non telepathicc mental defenses out there. Hence why he said he coudln't even get into many of the brains of the Xmen.

Basically... Mosaic is a brand new character and his power set isn't fully defined. The fact he coudl even waltz into the room and not be immediately detecte dby the 10 billion telepaths the Xmen have is impressive in its own sense.
    I guess, it just felt like Soule forgetting yet another character's powerset tbh. But I guess Mosiac being so new it won't really come up much, since his powers limitations are still quite malleable.

To which the X-Men then rebuke the Inhumans for letting it get this far in the first place! :P

(This can go on for a long time... I just hope they grudgingly shake hands and both side can go about there business)
    Not really, they had a truce and were actively looking for a cure while saving mutants from the cloud. Isn't like the Inhumans said 'just let the mutants die' and as this issue shows, Medusa doesn't want to just murder a bunch of mutants or she'd have told Johnny to burn the school rather than cast the illusion its burning by making a fire dome.

To which the X-Men then rebuke the Inhumans for letting it get this far in the first place!

(This can go on for a long time... I just hope they grudgingly shake hands and both side can go about there business.)
    I think it's pretty likely regardless of how this ends, both sides will in the end come together, save the day, and part way on at least neutral. That's how MOST of these hero vs hero things turn out (though there are exceptions, like Civil War for example).

I guess, it just felt like Soule forgetting yet another character's powerset tbh. But I guess Mosiac being so new it won't really come up much, since his powers limitations are still quite malleable.

Not really, they had a truce and were actively looking for a cure while saving mutants from the cloud. Isn't like the Inhumans said 'just let the mutants die' and as this issue shows, Medusa doesn't want to just murder a bunch of mutants or she'd have told Johnny to burn the school rather than cast the illusion its burning by making a fire dome.
    Were ?, that's sounds like way too many people; Beast was the only one working on it, with the occasional help from Sombra (or whatever her name is).

Ah Kamala, I knew you wouldn't be an idiot in the end

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think it's pretty likely regardless of how this ends, both sides will in the end come together, save the day, and part way on at least neutral. That's how MOST of these hero vs hero things turn out (though there are exceptions, like Civil War for example).
    Or AvX, where Captain Hydra tried to blame Cyclops of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Were ?, that's sounds like way too many people; Beast was the only one working on it, with the occasional help from Sombra (or whatever her name is).
    Course, for the most part Beast was also the only person working on a cure from the X-Men side of things too. I'm sure there are other people generally speaking, but really trying to find a cure was pretty much left to Beast.