Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Amazing Member

Upcoming 2-parter is called Flesh and Blood.

And here is its brief description: Church leads Joe to a crumbling home where a young woman is being possessed by the ghosts of her family.

Quote Originally Posted by Shargor View Post
    Where was the first reference about the shared universe? I saw it once and have forgotten where it was. Was it in an actual issue or an interview?

Just this new interview mentions it again and I can't remember - https://nerdist.com/mike-mignola-joe...usive-preview/

The first reference is in the symbols on the mill in The Rat Catcher #3. They're the same symbols seen in Baltimore. But it's much clearer when Lori starts talking about the Red Plague in The Outer Dark #2.

Thanks bud
    I remember at the time I had spotted a connection, but I had since forgotten what it was and when the article said there are clear connections, I was trying to work it out!

The Claw of Justice!

I stopped by a comic book store yesterday and picked up this and a bunch of other Mignola stuff. I just started rereading the novel, so I was pretty excited for this, and it didn't disappoint. Great story and art, and the Baltimore connection is very intriguing indeed. I'd really like to know if they planned that from the beginning. A few lines from the novel sure make it seem like they did.

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    I stopped by a comic book store yesterday and picked up this and a bunch of other Mignola stuff. I just started rereading the novel, so I was pretty excited for this, and it didn't disappoint. Great story and art, and the Baltimore connection is very intriguing indeed. I'd really like to know if they planned that from the beginning. A few lines from the novel sure make it seem like they did.
    Quote from Christopher Golden:
    ...it’s certainly a shared universe. While writing Joe Golem and the Drowning City, it never occurred to me. But the moment we started seriously talking about doing the Joe Golem: Occult Detective comics, the spark ignited. The books felt different to me while I was writing them, but somehow while writing the comics, the opposite happened. They felt like they could easily share the same world, that all it would take would be a little nudge. Both had witches—and those witches, the way they’re portrayed, should have been the first clue for anyone who already had a suspicion, or a hope that they were connected.

The Claw of Justice!

Ah, thanks for the correction.

The Claw of Justice!

I'm rereading the Joe Golem novel, and I noticed an interesting sort of connection between that and Baltimore. Joe mentions a few famous alchemists and magicians who have tried to obtain Lector's Pentajulum, and one of them is named Fulcanelli. I didn't know this until today, but there was a real historical alchemist named Fulcanelli whose identity is still unknown. The witch in Baltimore: The Infernal Train is also named Fulcanelli. Could she be the same person Joe was talking about? It kind of makes me wonder if we'll see her show up in a flashback in Joe Golem at some point, even just for a panel.

The Claw of Justice!

I'd like to see a Joe Golem story about Simon Church's adventures in the past.