Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I wonder at what point they decided to join the two, if they knew from the beginning, or if it just came up somewhere along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shargor View Post
    I thought that was a very cool mention. Good call on your part. I wonder if this was always intended, or something they decided later?

Anyway, loved issue #2, especially seeing Cocteau.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Loved that these two officially take place in the same universe, that was always my head-canon.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Loved that these two officially take place in the same universe, that was always my head-canon.
    Same. Ever since I read the novel, I'd hoped they existed in the same universe, but I didn't think it would actually happen. I'll be very interested to see where they go with this...

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Same. Ever since I read the novel, I'd hoped they existed in the same universe, but I didn't think it would actually happen. I'll be very interested to see where they go with this...
    After the way Baltimore ended, I'm not really expecting much more to come from the connection other than implying that the flood was perhaps tied to what happened in Europe. I still feel like the ending was a bit of a let down as it tied things up too fast, and too simply so there aren't a whole lot of interesting connections that can be made now. Still it is neat.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Interesting.
    I think that for me personally I particularly feel to appreciate how 'late in the game' this "universe-sharing" is or can be established.

Mostly because I really feel to like to wonder about such things. I like any not knowing as much as any knowing, I guess, at least as far as I know .
    In general, for Hellboy, or each of the Hell-verse titles, as becoming a shared universe of sorts.
    But also for instance how Hellboy In Hell on its own presented room for possible "universe-cut-off" wonderment in a sense.

And I didn't quite mind being to wonder over any of the other (non-Hell-verse) Mignola-verse or Mignola/Golden-verse stuff, like Baltimore, Joe Golem or Father Gaetano's Puppet Catechism. I couldn't say I'd be liking shared universes better than non-shared or undecided ones, at any rate.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 07-11-2017 at 06:02 PM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Issue #3 was more of a midstory pause than an ending.
    Enjoyable none the less.
    I think they will need to adapt the novel or the comic readers will not get the resolution they deserve.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Or they could just read the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Or they could just read the book.
    You mean words without pictures? That's insane.

But... it has pictures!

Patrick Reynolds seems to be leaving the book. What a shame.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Patrick Reynolds seems to be leaving the book. What a shame.
    Is this part of the joke or is he actually potentially leaving? Just curious

It's not a joke, Patric posted the news himself today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXV_OK7BMU8/

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by topfueluhl View Post
    It's not a joke, Patric posted the news himself today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXV_OK7BMU8/
    Well that is disappointing. I think they said a two issue arc is coming after outer dark. I guess it's safe to say he'll be gone after that.

That is too bad. Hope his replacement is up to his standards.