Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I don't know much about this character. Only knew that he was the guy that has the color scheme of Static Shock. Then of course I realized BL came waaaay before Static and I had it backwards. I wonder if they'd use this show to try to introduce Static? Arrow has an Archer gallery, The Flash has a speedster gallery. I'm mores o leaning on not wanting that to happen, but just thinking out loud.

The suit looks nice, but it has all the perks of a flashy poster going for it, I gotta see it in action. Even though I know very little about him, still would have liked to see some yellow on the costume. I am always about retaining and translating the color scheme.

Incredible Member

Before I ask a basic question, let me get this out of the way. I am a terrible human being, and I know this.

And now for the question. Isn't he a bit... too old to play the main protagonist on a cw comic show?

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    Before I ask a basic question, let me get this out of the way. I am a terrible human being, and I know this.

And now for the question. Isn't he a bit... too old to play the main protagonist on a cw comic show?
    Getting a young square jaw is tooo easy, and I am a bit surprised by the restraint. This is refreshing, plus something about this photo makes me feel he'll appear younger then he seems here.

I'm disappointed in the casting. THAT guy as Black Lightning. Meh. Blah.

Of all the existing DC tv shows out there, I've pretty much enjoyed all the leads and most of the supporting cast.
    This dude doesn't make me want to tune in.
    I would want someone younger, taller, but muscular.

Now please fill me in. I remember him back in the comics. Is Static Shock somehow related to him?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    Of all the existing DC tv shows out there, I've pretty much enjoyed all the leads and most of the supporting cast.
    How do you know he's not going to be muscular?

But obviously they're giving the usual CW formula a couple of twists.
    This seems like it's going to be a show where the team dad is going to be the also the main protagonist, with his kids and their inevitable love interests rounding out the cast.
    Jefferson is a schoolteacher. That will likely be a big part of the show.

And just think of how much better a show the Flash would be if Joe West was the main character.

Is Static Shock somehow related to him?
    They're not even from the same companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    I don't know much about this character. Only knew that he was the guy that has the color scheme of Static Shock. Then of course I realized BL came waaaay before Static and I had it backwards. I wonder if they'd use this show to try to introduce Static? Arrow has an Archer gallery, The Flash has a speedster gallery. I'm mores o leaning on not wanting that to happen, but just thinking out loud.

The suit looks nice, but it has all the perks of a flashy poster going for it, I gotta see it in action. Even though I know very little about him, still would have liked to see some yellow on the costume. I am always about retaining and translating the color scheme.
    That would be cool, in the season 2 finale and that the time was the series finale (but thanks to netflix a season 3 is on the horizon) of young Justice, they had Black Lightening and Static team up and BL offered to be Statics Mentor so i could see something like that pop up and would be kind of cool

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    How do you know he's not going to be muscular?

But obviously they're giving the usual CW formula a couple of twists.
    This seems like it's going to be a show where the team dad is going to be the also the main protagonist, with his kids and their inevitable love interests rounding out the cast.
    Jefferson is a schoolteacher. That will likely be a big part of the show.

And just think of how much better a show the Flash would be if Joe West was the main character.

They're not even from the same companies.
    Thats true and not true, the last part I mean. While Static was originally created by milestone comics, i believe they went out of business in 1997 and has been owned by DC ever sense. Static himself as been oficially part of the current DCU since 2008ish. So while they aren't related they are apart of the same company and as my earlier comment shows they even had screen time on Young Justice.

Now please fill me in. I remember him back in the comics. Is Static Shock somehow related to him?

b6bed312ce5b7d5284f086e9e62ede5c.jpg

Cress Williams is 1:96 mts tall.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

I agree with younger, I get they are going for a father and all but I am 31 myself and my own daughter turns 12 this year this guy is old enough to have grand kids literally in this day and age. As for the height, dude is 6'5 i dont know how much taller he would need to be. Muscles are meh, he is supposed to be just coming back into being a crime fighter type so its kind of expected that he wont be in ideal shape and they have time between seasons for him to pack on muscle mass so it actually works in favor of the premise.

My fear is that he might be the lead just in name but in actually they'll have other characters taking more of the screen time. (Happened to Blade in his own tv show)
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    My fear is that he might be the lead just in name but in actually they'll have other characters taking more of the screen time. (Happened to Blade in his own tv show)
    It's a Berlanti CW show. The chance of this happening is exactly 100%. This is what they do, they make ensemble shows.

dont like the beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's a Berlanti CW show. The chance of this happening is exactly 100%. This is what they do, they make ensemble shows.
    I'm fine with that as long as he is the conducting force of the show. My real fear is that he is relegated to the background the same way they did to Sticky Fingaz Blade in his own show. 5 minutes of screen time, a few lines and a couple of action scenes or fighting sequences with zero impact on the main plot. Then some 20 something kid or girl gets to be the actual star of the show.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by RyDub View Post
    Thats true and not true, the last part I mean. While Static was originally created by milestone comics, i believe they went out of business in 1997 and has been owned by DC ever sense. Static himself as been oficially part of the current DCU since 2008ish. So while they aren't related they are apart of the same company and as my earlier comment shows they even had screen time on Young Justice.

DC has NO ownership of Milestone.

NONE WHAT SO EVER.

Nor did they go out of business. The original run was plotted to end in 1997 as Milestone Forever provided.

Dc could use the guys but they screwed that up in 2011 and now trying to make peace with folks.

You will not see Static get butchered on that show like all the other black males on the CW.