Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Batgirl: The "girly" tone is imo not fitting for Barbara.
    This would be my vote as well. She's too goofy. Sometimes I miss the old Oracle.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    While unlikely to happen due to being so closely tied to Rebirth.
    I am hoping for a tonal shift in Titans soonish, it's fine they rediscover who they were and such... but I am hoping we move past that and becomes more about the team moving forwards, otherwise I dread that the whole thing will suffer the same fate as the pre-FP Titans did where noone seemed to know why they were still together.

Justice League... Hitch only appears to know how to write it as an empty blockbuster. I looks very pretty, but the stories are forgettable at best and atm completely devoid of impact on the rest of the DCU.
    Titans are still together , because nobody else wants them.

Incredible Member

Green Arrow. I'd like something more raw. I still want my bearded sarcastic Ollie, but I could so without the kid sister running around. Gimme an artist like Sean Murphy on the book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    JUSTICE LEAGUE=needs new writer and artist
    WONDER WOMAN=needs new artist
    TEEN TITANS=needs new artist
    Whaaaaaaat?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I want Green Arrow to be a street level book again. I want Ollie to be a complex and nuance character like the one in his TV series. His current book reads like a Tumblr post.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Batgirl- This girly teen thing they threw on her is not working. She needs to go back to acting like a woman. Change the costume also.

Harley Quinn- It's time that couple left the book.

Justice League-Everything.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

-Titans needs to stop feeling so aimless and it really, really needs a different artist. Booth just isn't a good fit for the book at all.

- 'Tec needs more than just character interactions to carry it. I'd really like to see tighter plots with more development of plot points.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Titans are still together , because nobody else wants them.
    So why is the JL together when most of them can't stand each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yeah. I also have a huge problem with how aimless the Titans are right now. They need a purpose or they're just the "not-so-Young" Justice League. But that's not a tonal problem.
    What exactly is aimless about the Titans as opposed to any other super team?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    For me it's that Titans has no clearly defined direction or even a mission statement and for a book that is supposedly so important to the overall Rebirth story that's not a good thing IMO. Pretty much every version of a Titans book has had that exact problem. The characters are caught in the middle being that they are too old to be with the TEEN Titans anymore but are also not able to be a part of the JL.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

What isn't aimless about them? Titans is... a team of former sidekicks that are only working together because they used to be friends and now they're based in Manhatan due to a misunderstanding LOL.

Most other active teams have a pretty clear focus:
    - Justice League is the premier superteam that handles all the huge threats.
    - JLA is about bringing heroes closer to the people and serving as inspiration to them.
    - Suicide Squad does the government's dirty work.
    - Teen Titans are teen heroes training together and helping each other out with their problems.
    - The Detective Comics team protects Gotham.
    - The GLC are space cops.

Titans are in a weird spot where they're not teens anymore but they haven't carved a role for themselves away from the League. They're a generic team based in Manhatan with no real mission beyond working together out of nostalgia.
    Being the guardians of Manhatan is so beneath their potential. They aren't a (mostly) streel-level team like the Bat-family. They need a role that makes them as important as the Justice League. Right now they're just there and there's no reason anybody would think to call the Titans instead of the League when a threat came. Even Shadowpact would have a more established mission than them.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I want Green Arrow to be a street level book again. I want Ollie to be a complex and nuance character like the one in his TV series. His current book reads like a Tumblr post.
    The TV Oliver always struck me as one-dimensionally dark. There's a balance there, they can give him some dimension while keeping the social crusader angle and dropping the blunt one-liners about being a SJW.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    What isn't aimless about them? Titans is... a team of former sidekicks that are only working together because they used to be friends and now they're based in Manhatan due to a misunderstanding LOL.

Most other active teams have a pretty clear focus:
    - Justice League is the premier superteam that handles all the huge threats.
    - JLA is about bringing heroes closer to the people and serving as inspiration to them.
    - Suicide Squad does the government's dirty work.
    - Teen Titans are teen heroes training together and helping each other out with their problems.
    - The Detective Comics team protects Gotham.
    - The GLC are space cops.

Titans are in a weird spot where they're not teens anymore but they haven't carved a role for themselves away from the League. They're a generic team based in Manhatan with no real mission beyond working together out of nostalgia.
    Being the guardians of Manhatan is so beneath their potential. They aren't a (mostly) streel-level team like the Bat-family. They need a role that makes them as important as the Justice League. Right now they're just there and there's no reason anybody would think to call the Titans instead of the League when a threat came. Even Shadowpact would have a more established mission than them.
    The GL and JL teams mission statement pretty much overlap. Protecting Manhattan is no different than protecting Gotham and is more of s mission statement than the Teen Titans. Of the teams you mentioned the only one with a unique premise is Suicide Squad. You could switch the JL, JLA and GL teams and not notice much of a difference.

The Titans team has also been the most involved regarding the timeline changes and figuring out what was changed

'Tec is Batman's boot camp, and Teen Titans have been brought together to stop and protect themselves from Ra's. And the GLC is an organized galactic police force, while the JL is about DC's premier heros teaming up to face threats to earth too big for them to individually handle.

Titans has nothing. Its doesn't deliver on the mission we assumed the team would have. While you say its involved regarding the timeline changes and figuring out what was changed, its not really done anything in regards to either, save for vague teases. Instead all the Titans actually do is deal with its members and past members personal problems. The Titans is not an actual superhero team. Its just a means to showcase Wally and former Teen Titans who can't carry solo, with Nightwing around in the background. Its done nothing to establish Titans as super team in the DCU. Its just been a group of older Teen Titans helping each other out.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-16-2017 at 02:46 PM.

The Titans team has also been the most involved regarding the timeline changes and figuring out what was changed
    That is supposedly what their function here is but what exactly have the Titans been doing in that regard though other than remembering that they were once a team? I've yet to see much in the way of story lines that are dealing with that subject so far. Even Wally's return is more about that he was lost in the Speed Force due to something Kadabra did then about the "timeline changes and figuring out what was changed". Seems to me in the coming months Superman, Batman and Flash are going to be involved in storylines that actually are dealing with the timeline changes more than Titans has been to date.