Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Old Man Logan #17: Brilliant or Balderdash?

This arc is... balderdash right now. What a waste of some stylish imagery. Even after we find out either or neither or both realities, part or in whole, that OML is experiencing are true it's hard to anticipate entertaining payoff with no satisfying exposition to properly orient the readers. This Logan-substitute has been too much of headache to rationalize and justify since he came to the present timeline after Secret Wars. Now they add cuckoo crazy to this already surreal space adventure by bringing in Jeanie?!

This sounds like good news:
    http://community.comicbookresources....Issue-24/page3

Correct me if this is wrong:
    -Wastelands Timeline introduced in the past Wolverine volume. OML gave up his pacifism in order to kill whom again?
    -Wastelands Timeline continues in the OML mini series. OML teams up with Blind Hawkeye in order to kill whom again?
    -Wastelands Timeline obliterated and partially recovered by Doom on in a state on Battleworld. OML leaves behind his lands to go off and kill something.
    -Wastelands Timeline may or may not have been either restored or retweaked by Owen & Franklin after Secret Wars. OML was thrown into our Present Timeline for reasons unknown and he knows the future is different, now, but still can't say if his original timeline re-exists.
    -For an 8 MONTH GAP since SW, some of his early OML Series issues happened. OML killed a couple people and avoided his almost all of his superpeers.
    -When the ANAD titles began, the rest of his OML series has happened. OML was talked into joining the X-men and is already as welcome as his younger self was among his superpeers.

Now the questions about this issue:
    -During this current OML series have all his "flashforwards" to his Wastelands Timeline happened between the mini series and Secret Wars?
    -What is Kang and Banner's grandson backstory that we know so far?
    -Assuming that OML was contacted in the Present to form a STUPID one-man rescue team to outerspace to take on The Brood, what do you make out really happened so far with his team up with Puck? All of it or some of it - just chronologically jumbled up?
    -Kang's a wimp now? He did a much better job raising Ahura... course he royally botched killing the Avengers as children.

Preview.
    ZAk4D.jpg

This issue makes it really confusing and unclear but from how the issue ended, I'm guessing that the Wasteland segments in this story are a psychic illusion created by a Brood infected Jeen using Logan's memories.

Yeah like what Kurolegacy said I'm pretty sure the Wastelands parts are all Jean's doing since she's under the Broods control.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    This arc is... balderdash right now. What a waste of some stylish imagery. Even after we find out either or neither or both realities, part or in whole, that OML is experiencing are true it's hard to anticipate entertaining payoff with no satisfying exposition to properly orient the readers. This Logan-substitute has been too much of headache to rationalize and justify since he came to the present timeline after Secret Wars. Now they add cuckoo crazy to this already surreal space adventure by bringing in Jeanie?!

This sounds like good news:
    http://community.comicbookresources....Issue-24/page3

Correct me if this is wrong:
    -Wastelands Timeline introduced in the past Wolverine volume. OML gave up his pacifism in order to kill whom again?
    -Wastelands Timeline continues in the OML mini series. OML teams up with Blind Hawkeye in order to kill whom again?
    -Wastelands Timeline obliterated and partially recovered by Doom on in a state on Battleworld. OML leaves behind his lands to go off and kill something.
    -Wastelands Timeline may or may not have been either restored or retweaked by Owen & Franklin after Secret Wars. OML was thrown into our Present Timeline for reasons unknown and he knows the future is different, now, but still can't say if his original timeline re-exists.
    -For an 8 MONTH GAP since SW, some of his early OML Series issues happened. OML killed a couple people and avoided his almost all of his superpeers.
    -When the ANAD titles began, the rest of his OML series has happened. OML was talked into joining the X-men and is already as welcome as his younger self was among his superpeers.

Now the questions about this issue:
    -During this current OML series have all his "flashforwards" to his Wastelands Timeline happened between the mini series and Secret Wars?
    -What is Kang and Banner's grandson backstory that we know so far?
    -Assuming that OML was contacted in the Present to form a STUPID one-man rescue team to outerspace to take on The Brood, what do you make out really happened so far with his team up with Puck? All of it or some of it - just chronologically jumbled up?
    -Kang's a wimp now? He did a much better job raising Ahura... course he royally botched killing the Avengers as children.

Preview.
    ZAk4D.jpg
    OML in the original mini gave up his pasificm to go after the Hulk Gang for killing his family. he also took out the Red skull
    X-Men Forever

This was a pretty difficult issue to follow. Sorrentino's art is incredible but it's not the easiest to follow when the story isn't crystal clear.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    This was a pretty difficult issue to follow. Sorrentino's art is incredible but it's not the easiest to follow when the story isn't crystal clear.
    I did get that feeling too it all felt kind of confusing I mean I got what was going on for the most part but it was all kind of weird. I liked the first part of the arc but not so much the second let's see if they can bring it together in the next issue.

Shouldn't it be Banners son? Not his Grandson?

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Shouldn't it be Banners son? Not his Grandson?
    I think it's his grandson might check but I'm pretty sure it is.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I think it's his grandson might check but I'm pretty sure it is.
    It's both.
    Incest.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    It's both.
    Incest.
    So that means Banner had sex with his daughter? Ahhh that is pretty sick.

It's a pretty messed up universe.

Wasn't it she hulk did made it with? So that would be his son/nephew?

I don't think it was ever specified who impregnated Banner's daughter though we do know that the Hulk clan were Banner's incest spawn.

"Hulk Smash!"
    If you know what I mean.

I thought this arc was really good. The back and forth between the Wastelands and the space station was pretty cool and kept the reader guessing. I thought this issue tied it up neatly by showing that the Wastelands stuff was all Jean inside Logan's head. Gonna miss Sorrentino on art a lot. He is spectacular.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.