Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Baby Groot Series "I AM GROOT" Announced

YES! New Groot series revealed focusing on Baby Groot. Written by Christopher Hastings (Unbelievable Gwenpool), and being released in May. If this is half as good as the Groot mini-series that came out two years ago, I will be satisfied!

http://screenrant.com/marvel-baby-groot-comic-books/

marvel-i-am-groot-comic-book-cover.jpg

Baby Groot And Hastings means I will follow this book for it's 6-12 issue run

Mighty Member

hmmmm...don't really care about groot or baby groot, BUT hastings has worked magic with gwenpool.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

I wonder if after the Groot miniseries and also Rocket Raccoon and Groot, this can be even more ridiculous.

Niffleheim

I have benefited a lot from this targeted push but i know this must burn a lot of fans how Marvel Comics seems to unabashedly push MCU IPs even when they don't seem to create a following.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    I have benefited a lot from this targeted push but i know this must burn a lot of fans how Marvel Comics seems to unabashedly push MCU IPs even when they don't seem to create a following.
    Yeah, because we all know that the MCU was started in 1960 when Groot first appeared in Tales to Astonish #13 published November of 1960.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherJohn View Post
    Yeah, because we all know that the MCU was started in 1960 when Groot first appeared in Tales to Astonish #13 published November of 1960.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Not my fault that people fail to remember that Marvel has tens of thousands of characters that span 78 years of comics publishing. I bet people would throw a fit if they used some really unknown characters in the MCU instead of X-Men.

BANNED

I bet people would throw a fit if they used some really unknown characters in the MCU instead of X-Men.
    Okay, this persecution complex is getting out of hand. Which X-Fan ran over your dog?

Not my fault that people fail to remember that Marvel has tens of thousands of characters that span 78 years of comics publishing. I bet people would throw a fit if they used some really unknown characters in the MCU instead of X-Men.
    I think it's more like you just don't get what people are saying. Whether Groot was created 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 70 years ago, that has nothing to do with it. "Baby Groot" would NEVER get an ongoing series if it wasn't for a movie, that's completely obvious and everyone knows.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Okay, this persecution complex is getting out of hand. Which X-Fan ran over your dog?
    No, there is no persecution complex. I'm making an observation from the various posts about Inhumans etc... Frankly, I don't care what people like for their teams and I'm glad that they enjoy them. I just am poking fun at the fact that people forget that most of these characters have been around an average of 50 years and for them to appear in the MCU and take it as a slight to their favorite team. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think it's more like you just don't get what people are saying. Whether Groot was created 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 70 years ago, that has nothing to do with it. "Baby Groot" would NEVER get an ongoing series if it wasn't for a movie, that's completely obvious and everyone knows.
    If that were true then why did he have an ongoing series before GOTG movie? There were appearances in the Hulk in the 1970's and in 2006.
    Last edited by PreacherJohn; 02-16-2017 at 11:52 AM.

BANNED

No, there is no persecution complex. I'm making an observation from the various posts about Inhumans etc... Frankly, I don't care what people like for their teams and I'm glad that they enjoy them. I just am poking fun at the fact that people forget that most of these characters have been around an average of 50 years and for them to appear in the MCU and take it as a slight to their favorite team. LOL
    No one was doing that though. You're literally instigating everything. Stop.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Well, I can't say I'm completely surprised by this what with the movie due out soon. Can't say I'll be buying it however, but I hope that the people who do buy this enjoy it.

BANNED

Two word: Disney Land !

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    No one was doing that though. You're literally instigating everything. Stop.
    I replied to a comment about he's only getting a series because of the movie and is an MCU character. That is not true in the slightest. No, that's not instigating that's called having a discussion and yes, I did poke fun at the statement because it literally is funny when you take into account the character's publication history.