Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It's obvious why this is happening. It's so predictable that I had to laugh.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherJohn View Post
    I replied to a comment about he's only getting a series because of the movie and is an MCU character. That is not true in the slightest. No, that's not instigating that's called having a discussion and yes, I did poke fun at the statement because it literally is funny when you take into account the character's publication history.
    I mean, the reality is he's only getting another (stealth mini) series because of his MCU connections. That's absolutely the case. Both Groot and Rocket can't maintain a solo ongoing above cancellation sales numbers (none of the Guradians can really) but they do have massmarket recognition thanks to the movies so it's worth trying over and over. Even if the monthly floppies still, well, flop there's also the possibility they could take off in trades. The character existing for half a century or having a solo attempt a decade or three ago hardly disproves that.

Of course what I'm really trying to get at how exactly your butthurt with X-Men fandom figures in to this? Why do you keep bringing that up?

If that were true then why did he have an ongoing series before GOTG movie? There were appearances in the Hulk in the 1970's and in 2006.
    Normal Groot had an ongoing. This is a super little "baby" version that happens to be on the new movie. Are we supposed to think it's just a coincidence because Groot appeared on the '70s? That's just completely delusional.

Fantastic Member

once again who is asking for this sure baby groot is cute and with the movie our store might sell a few extra copies of issue 1 but honestly no chance this makes it past issue 5 does marvel not have nay clue the last volume of groot by the last issue our store was selling 0 copies. Also we have hte main guardians book shipping twice a month starting may these solo series just furher dilute the main book. THe guardians are quite popular but are nowhere on the level where everyone of thie charcters can support a solo. Look rocket being relaunced already drax done by issue 10 gamora canceled already and the sales on the starlord book are beyond sad. REally common sense says you wanna have a baby groot adventure do it in the main guardians books really marvel has got to stop with this

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    once again who is asking for this sure baby groot is cute and with the movie our store might sell a few extra copies of issue 1 but honestly no chance this makes it past issue 5 does marvel not have nay clue the last volume of groot by the last issue our store was selling 0 copies. Also we have hte main guardians book shipping twice a month starting may these solo series just furher dilute the main book. THe guardians are quite popular but are nowhere on the level where everyone of thie charcters can support a solo. Look rocket being relaunced already drax done by issue 10 gamora canceled already and the sales on the starlord book are beyond sad. REally common sense says you wanna have a baby groot adventure do it in the main guardians books really marvel has got to stop with this
    The Main Target isn't really Comic Book Stores
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    The Main Target isn't really Comic Book Stores
    Yeah, this screams "being available at Disney" once the movie hits, similar to the rocket series by Scottie
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah, this screams "being available at Disney" once the movie hits, similar to the rocket series by Scottie
    plus bookstores plus toy stores plus....

plus the fact that collections are precisely what non-comic fans WANT.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Normal Groot had an ongoing. This is a super little "baby" version that happens to be on the new movie. Are we supposed to think it's just a coincidence because Groot appeared on the '70s? That's just completely delusional.
    Baby Groot did appear in the 60's, so again what is the problem with them putting out a comic about Groot as a sapling? He also appeared in TV long before GOTG came out with the most notable series being The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Well, the dialogue won't be a problem.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    plus bookstores plus toy stores plus....

plus the fact that collections are precisely what non-comic fans WANT.
    Exactly!

I think Marvel has had it with comic book stores crying about their business as acting if Marvel is the only product that they sell. I am sure Deadpool leaves more unsold back issues than Mosaic or Moon Girl would EVER do in their entire runs.

You can't keep bashing Marvel for books like Solo, this and so on when DC has some books no one asked for like Cave Carson & Forenger or whoever he is. Or books that struggle to sell like Cyborg.

If Cyborg can get another shot based on being in a movie why can't baby Groot? Mantis? Kingpin? Nothing is wrong with trying.

Also, Baby Groot was in the last Groot solo series as well. It doesn't bother me he's in Baby form, because it's the same character, with the seemingly same personality, he's just really small, which seeing a full series of what Groot does when he's tiny, I think that can lead to a lot of cute and funny moments.

Yes the only reason it's being done in the first place is because he's a baby in the movie, but as long as a good story can be told, that's all that matters.

Can't he only say 3 words? I've never read a Groot book.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Can't he only say 3 words? I've never read a Groot book.
    He can only say a lot of different words, but people only hear, "I am Groot." It's due to his species voice box stiffening as they age that makes it sound like they can only say I am Groot.

He can only say a lot of different words, but people only hear, "I am Groot." It's due to his species voice box stiffening as they age that makes it sound like they can only say I am Groot.
    I hope he eventually gets to interact with another being or psychic who can understand him (ala Jean Grey in solo Groot), because it's just so great suddenly seeing him speak with such elegance and philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I hope he eventually gets to interact with another being or psychic who can understand him (ala Jean Grey in solo Groot), because it's just so great suddenly seeing him speak with such elegance and philosophy.
    Me too and it's refreshing to have a brick that is very intelligent and philosophical that can discuss things at length.