Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Brown

Default If Norman Osborn is back, then why can't Marvel bring back Gwen Stacy?

The death of Gwen Stacy is, to me, the greatest tragedy in comics. During the clone conspiracy, I was really expecting Gwen to be "resurrected" permanently. However, we know what happened. I noticed these statements by Spider-man in Clone Conspiracy 5: "Villains get to come back." And, about Gwen: "You deserved better than this, Gwen Stacy. Better than me."

Good people deserve to come back much more than bad people. Gwen was a good person. To me, it does not make sense to "tease us" since the 1st clone saga about Gwen Stacy being revived and then get rid of her. It's like repeating the tragedy over and over again. Peter was going to admit he felt Gwen was real before she died. You can tell they both desired to rekindle the love they had toward each other.

I hope when and if they do something like this again, that Gwen is permanently revived. This has already been done three times (3 clone sagas).

To answer the question, because actually was an interesting characther to brought back

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    To answer the question, because actually was an interesting characther to brought back
    Touché friend touché.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Didn't they just brought her back in CC?

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Yeah, but it appears for the most part that she sacrificed herself.

Plus, to the OP, you want a case where Gwen lived? That would be House of M or Spider-Gwen, but it was Peter who ended up on the bad end in both cases.

As for Gwen Stacy, Marvel ought to make up their mind about her. No really. Same redundant clone story gets old and stale, IMO. FWIW, I don't even prefer her much as a character. But then, the realization in my head is that they are going to repeat the clone saga again, even with all that has happened in Clone Conspiracy.

As for a character where it was questionable to bring him back, I would argue that bringing back Harry was more rediculous than bringing back Norman, but that is just me.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 02-16-2017 at 12:59 PM.

Too bad they changed pretty much everything about the character when they did bring him back.

BANNED

You've got Spider-Gwen. You've got Clone Gwen in CC. You had the Joyce Delany clone before that. A Gwen clone in the 90's Clone Saga.

You had Gwen as the focus in a big story in ASM in Sins Past.

We've had modern backup stories about Gwen, and entire miniseries devoted to Gwen (SM: Blue).

We've had Emma Stone as Gwen in two movies.

Gwen Stacy has never really gone away. How about less Gwen?

BANNED

hulk was asking the same question a while back in the 2001 annual that why only bad people come back from the dead and why not good people like Betty Jim and jarrela. Wonder now if he would include his dead alien queen in the list and himself.lol.

Too bad they changed pretty much everything about the character when they did bring him back.
    Lol, no they didn't, Norman was a ruthless bussiness man before Luthor take that niche, back in 86. Once Norman shows up in Amazing Spider-Man #37 he is depicted as a shady businessman willing to murder, he had his partner Mendel Stromm arrested (and stole his work), he wanted Spider-Man dead and he wasn’t exactly nice to his son Harry, based upon those flashbacks in ASM #40 there are a few things which undermine the idea of Norman being a good person before the accident.
    Then we’ve got the fact that in those flashbacks Norman himself is stating that he had to be ruthless, he had to make money because that was the route to power. So there you’ve got clear evidence of Norman being a power hungry jerk before the formula ever touched him.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

If you were to ask me why, well my best bet would be that Marvel reasons that they already have Spider-Gwen, who has powers and apparently according to Marvel's logic nowadays, a Spider-Man character with powers via AU is better than the original. Heck, the logic applies to RYV as well, where MJ, who normally didn't have powers, has them now too.

Plus, people mentioned other AU Gwens and her presence in the movies as well, she has been in three live action movies. Yes, you heard me , three. Out of 5 so far. That's no small presence. I don't think Marvel sees the need to drastically alter continuity like JMS was proposing with a retconning of both Harry and Gwen's deaths.

EDIT: Plus, she isn't Bucky or Jason Todd.

But Clone Sagas? they need to stop repeating them. JMO.
    Last edited by suemorphplus209; 02-16-2017 at 03:30 PM.
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

I'm guessing that Gwen never comes back for good is because her being dead is the defining trait of the character, the way she's impacted the franchise the most. On the other hand, Green Goblin is more impactful for being alive.

Lol, no they didn't, Norman was a ruthless bussiness man before Luthor take that niche, back in 86. Once Norman shows up in Amazing Spider-Man #37 he is depicted as a shady businessman willing to murder, he had his partner Mendel Stromm arrested (and stole his work), he wanted Spider-Man dead and he wasn’t exactly nice to his son Harry, based upon those flashbacks in ASM #40 there are a few things which undermine the idea of Norman being a good person before the accident.
    Then we’ve got the fact that in those flashbacks Norman himself is stating that he had to be ruthless, he had to make money because that was the route to power. So there you’ve got clear evidence of Norman being a power hungry jerk before the formula ever touched him.
    There's a world of difference between a shady crooked business man and a Hannible Lector meets Kingpin style criminal genius.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brown View Post
    The death of Gwen Stacy is, to me, the greatest tragedy in comics. During the clone conspiracy, I was really expecting Gwen to be "resurrected" permanently. However, we know what happened. I noticed these statements by Spider-man in Clone Conspiracy 5: "Villains get to come back." And, about Gwen: "You deserved better than this, Gwen Stacy. Better than me."

Good people deserve to come back much more than bad people. Gwen was a good person. To me, it does not make sense to "tease us" since the 1st clone saga about Gwen Stacy being revived and then get rid of her. It's like repeating the tragedy over and over again. Peter was going to admit he felt Gwen was real before she died. You can tell they both desired to rekindle the love they had toward each other.

I hope when and if they do something like this again, that Gwen is permanently revived. This has already been done three times (3 clone sagas).
    Your very first words are the answer to your question.
    Last edited by Carabas; 02-17-2017 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    No, it was just another Clone.

I don't think it's a good idea to bring Gwen back while Norman is around.
    She might end up getting tossed off a bridge again.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .