Default Ben Reilly and OMD effects

Since Ben was dead during the events of One More Day would he still be affected? I think it would be an interesting plot twist for him to still remember a married Peter and pregnant MJ.

chances are, he'll just think they were living together or whatever the universal explanation was, and nothing else.

BANNED

actually we don't know for sure that he was dead during omd as he was going through the whole cycle of being killed and resurrected that gained him the appellation of ben27 so he could have been affected by mephitstos spell as well as he may well have been alive.

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

It's an interesting question, unfortunately it's not something we can verify, unless someone from Marvel states he was affected, I'm gonna go with no.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

Yeah I felt like it was a string they could pull if Peter David wanted to. Speaking of strings to pull at I also felt like bringing Gwen back was a missed opportunity to somehow undo Sins Past. I wouldn't mind that retconned tbh.

Incredible Member

Sins past being retconned would have been so simple during Clone Conspiracy. Jackal first cloned Gwen hoping she would fall for him. Clone falls for Norman and has twisted babies. Explains their crazy aging better than "just goblin formula" and we have sins past retconned and we can make sure we never seen Gabriel and Sarah again as well. As to where the real Gwen was between this clone having sex with Osborn and then real Gwen dying - well that where marvel can use their "top" writers to figure that little piece out. The set up was there and they didn't even bother.

I'd think that he'd still be affected by it since the OMD change wasn't something of magic but of the timeline being changed that Peter and MJ had never been married in the first place due to Mephisto causing Peter to miss his wedding. Only thing he might not have been affected by is the OMIT but given that he's a clone of Peter, it's pretty inconsequential anyway.

The Peter and MJ he knew were just living in sin, they never got married.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Fantastic Member

The small cynical part of me thinks a lot of messing with classic Spidey - and Gwen especially - is partly because they didn't own the movie rights. Hoping now that they have some skin in the game, they make better original content.

Little Timmy gets to get his Spidey with King foo grip then read how Goblin devirginizes Spideys girlfriend in the same shopping trip :x

I'd point to inhumans rise over mutants, fantastic four have bobbed up and down for a while, etc.

After all , the books have to be a rounding error on the Spidey revenue machine - but a great way to float stories that become scripts.

If I'm being honest about Sins - it's a good story telling mechanism to thread a story through old material in a plausible way - but it wasn't done in a respectful way.

I like the theory that said one reason she didn't pop back up in OMD is that she's not dead... But would have been happy with the clone "Joyce" as much as the real thing - given how they treated her.

For Ben - need to know if this is "our" Ben, new Ben, Ben + clone helper, diet Ben, etc. before we can guess how OMD impacts him. Guessing if his brain wasn't scrambled - it would be some sort of breach of contract... Wouldn't Dr Stranges mind wipe come into play?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The Peter and MJ he knew were just living in sin, they never got married.
    Except they did. Mephisto remembers messing with Peter, as is evident by what we've seen in Spider-Man/Deadpool. It's very likely that memories, not time, were altered in One More Day.

BANNED

Well the only thing I think OMD would change about Ben Reilly would be his original demise in Revelations and the reason he became Spider-man when Peter and MJ left. I mean I'm sure Marvel and Disney doesn't want a Spider-man to have a child out of wedlock, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Except they did. Mephisto remembers messing with Peter, as is evident by what we've seen in Spider-Man/Deadpool. It's very likely that memories, not time, were altered in One More Day.
    Huh, never heard that theory before. Interesting.

Didn't read that issue of Spider-Man/Deadpool, but I understood from what I saw of it that it didn't contain anything to indicate that OMD was all in everyone's mind.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.