Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Polestar. but I like Tremolo better.

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    The Gentleman(Gustav Fiers).
    He was a villain in a series of Spider-Man novels. He had ties to Peter's parents. His brother(Karl Fiers)was the Finisher character in Amazing Spider-Man Annual #5.
    Been meaning to find and read those novels.

Fiers also had a small role in the Mark Webb Amazing Spider-Man movies, too, if I recall.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Was she a one shot? I seem to remember she was in the first thunderbolts reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    she's appeared way too many times (was a member of the Thunderbolts for a good chunk) to be a one-shot, imo. but she was only in Spider-man's book for a few issues (mostly a Scarlet Spider villain).
    I mostly refer to her as a one-shot in regards to her appearance in the Spider-Man books.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Been meaning to find and read those novels.

Fiers also had a small role in the Mark Webb Amazing Spider-Man movies, too, if I recall.
    Having bought and read the second of the Sinister Six novel trilogy, I can tell you that Fiers is a pretty sick piece of work. spoilers:
    He arranged for Peter's parents' deaths by selling them out as undercover agents to the Communist Red Skull for one dollar, then spent years torturously reconditioning an innocent girl that might or might not have been Peter's sister (before the Spider-Man OGN Family Business got in on that act) into his superhuman assassin, and that's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to his crimes.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The Spider-Man impersonator in Ultimate Spider-Man's Public Scrutiny story arc? Thought that was a really interesting tale.
    Good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Bart Hamilton. He was Harry Osborn's psychiatrist who found out Harry's goblin past and used that information to become the Green Goblin for personal gain. Love the story and even have it in TPB. As far as I know he was only in that story, where he died, and then just recently appeared in Clone Conspiracy as one of JackaReilly's resurrected villains.
    He's probably one of the most referenced one-offs.

His impact is also interesting when you think about how Spider-Man spends the majority of the story thinking it's Harry.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Good choice.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    He's probably one of the most referenced one-offs.

His impact is also interesting when you think about how Spider-Man spends the majority of the story thinking it's Harry.
    Was Hamilton used in the newspaper comic strip? I seem to recall one story arc involving Harry (who was using the Hobgoblin mantle) causing trouble, and a pyschiatrist turned out to be using that for his own ends.