Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Default Favorite One-Shot Spider-Man villain?

So what is your favorite short-lived Spider-Man villain, that only lasted for a short time, or remained exclusive to a certain media?

For me, I just found Octo-Carnage, Monster, or Super-Ock, or whatever you call him from the Spider-Man N64/PSX game a little disappointing, I know that they came up with Superior Venom, but still, I enjoyed running down a corridor with the voice saying "Die" or "I will get you" in a screechy voice made the game a bit enjoyable.

Second would be the Other Spinoff villain known as Miss Arrow, who looked like a woman but was actually a giant mass of Spiders, gave off alien horror vibes considering she laid eggs inside people to kill them.

So what are your favorite Spidey villains that were short or limited in their showing?

Fusion from Paul Jenkins' run hands-down.

He appeared in a three parter, and then a follow-up storyline shortly after.

His only subsequent appearance was in a Thor one-shot.

His first appearance is just one of my favorite Spider-Man stories ever, where the challenge he posed was impressive, as was his reason for hating Spider-Man.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

The Spider-Man impersonator in Ultimate Spider-Man's Public Scrutiny story arc? Thought that was a really interesting tale.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Joystick, who only really appeared in the Spider-Man comics during Ben Reilly's solo run (Scarlet Spider, then Spider-Man). Considering the ascendancy of videogames in the public consciousness and her thrill-seeking attitude, I could see her having a resurgence in modern comics, treating super-villainy as basically "Grand Theft Auto/Saints' Row in real life."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Bart Hamilton. He was Harry Osborn's psychiatrist who found out Harry's goblin past and used that information to become the Green Goblin for personal gain. Love the story and even have it in TPB. As far as I know he was only in that story, where he died, and then just recently appeared in Clone Conspiracy as one of JackaReilly's resurrected villains.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

The Squid

I can't remember them all, so i would need a list.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Joystick, who only really appeared in the Spider-Man comics during Ben Reilly's solo run (Scarlet Spider, then Spider-Man). Considering the ascendancy of videogames in the public consciousness and her thrill-seeking attitude, I could see her having a resurgence in modern comics, treating super-villainy as basically "Grand Theft Auto/Saints' Row in real life."
    Was she a one shot? I seem to remember she was in the first thunderbolts reboot.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The Spider-Man impersonator in Ultimate Spider-Man's Public Scrutiny story arc? Thought that was a really interesting tale.
    Yes, I remember that arc. The one where Peter (as Spider-Man) gets arrested and the cops shoot him when he runs away. I loved that one.

Astonishing Member

The original Wraith that apeared in the three part story arc in Marvel Team Up vol 1 (48 to 50).One of my favorites story arcs from volume 1 of MTU.
    Headsman that apeared in two Untold Spider-Man stories was a cool villain as well.
    Plus i like the Orb and Whiplash as Spider-Man villain,those are villains from the Ghost Rider and Iron Man stories,but in the few Spider-Man stories they apeared i think they are interesting villains to Spider-Man.

The Gentleman(Gustav Fiers).
    He was a villain in a series of Spider-Man novels. He had ties to Peter's parents. His brother(Karl Fiers)was the Finisher character in Amazing Spider-Man Annual #5.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Dang, so many Spider-man villains I never heard of.

Fantastic Member

Gwens kids .. Only because the only other option is having them as recurring villains

Seriously though - forget her name - but always liked the one that died getting crushed by debris at the end of the aunt mays back ... She held her own with Norman and was so over the top.

Couple of the throw away Goblins were fun - Harry's shrink?!

Norton G. Fester :-) :-) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Was she a one shot? I seem to remember she was in the first thunderbolts reboot.
    she's appeared way too many times (was a member of the Thunderbolts for a good chunk) to be a one-shot, imo. but she was only in Spider-man's book for a few issues (mostly a Scarlet Spider villain).