Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

so whats up with this guys? professor zoom appears on the cover for Flash #21!! also this cool alternate cover appears to be a variant or part of a lenticular cover
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

What appears to be a pre-flashpoint professor zoom... or maybe a rebirthed 52 zoom who is trying to set things back? And I don't blame Jason Fabok, (the art is pretty good) but his belt is drawn incorrectly and those garbage lines need to get off his costume ASAP, time for DC to leave the unnecessary lines in the past where they belong

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post
    What appears to be a pre-flashpoint professor zoom... or maybe a rebirthed 52 zoom who is trying to set things back? And I don't blame Jason Fabok, (the art is pretty good) but his belt is drawn incorrectly and those garbage lines need to get off his costume ASAP, time for DC to leave the unnecessary lines in the past where they belong
    The Grid called, it wants it's Tron lines back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91
    Yeah, I think that's actually right.
    Thank you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post
    I dunno. I've been assuming that this is just New 52 Zoom as we already know they're keeping Cousin Wally's father Daniel West as The Reverse Flash.

But in Googling it, I now see that the New 52 Flash has a totally different costume. So, this will be interesting to see how they keep or don't keep Eobard Thawne's old moniker, "Professor Zoom The Reverse-Flash" as one and the same. Or they keep Eobard Thawne as Zoom and Daniel West as Reverse-Flash.

Personally, I never cared for making Daniel West The Reverse-Flash. I'd prefer they give him a different code name and Thawne gets back sole ownership of Professor Zoom The Reverse-Flash.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    I dunno. I've been assuming that this is just New 52 Zoom as we already know they're keeping Cousin Wally's father Daniel West as The Reverse Flash.

But in Googling it, I now see that the New 52 Flash has a totally different costume. So, this will be interesting to see how they keep or don't keep Eobard Thawne's old moniker, "Professor Zoom The Reverse-Flash" as one and the same. Or they keep Eobard Thawne as Zoom and Daniel West as Reverse-Flash.

Personally, I never cared for making Daniel West The Reverse-Flash. I'd prefer they give him a different code name and Thawne gets back sole ownership of Professor Zoom The Reverse-Flash.
    Reverse Flash is just a title anyway, Zoom (Hunter Zolomon) is also a Reverse Flash. He's just the second. And Daniel is the third one. Unless they also count The Rival as a Reverse Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Reverse Flash is just a title anyway, Zoom (Hunter Zolomon) is also a Reverse Flash. He's just the second. And Daniel is the third one. Unless they also count The Rival as a Reverse Flash.
    I always though Rival was an honorary Reverse-Flash, even if he was completely separate from Thawne's legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I always though Rival was an honorary Reverse-Flash, even if he was completely separate from Thawne's legacy.

Okay, all these decades of reading The Flash and I don't remember The Rival in the comics to save my life.

What issue of The Flash did The Rival debut in...???

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post

Okay, all these decades of reading The Flash and I don't remember The Rival in the comics to save my life.

What issue of The Flash did The Rival debut in...???
    Jay Garrick fought The Rival in Flash #104.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jay Garrick fought The Rival in Flash #104.
    yeah and could we get a "golden age flash omnibus"... to much to ask DC?! although I guess you could hunt down the archives, I'm pretty sure they went up to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    yeah new 52 reverse flash is just a minor speedster villain in my book, his origin was weird too lol. I mean some of the 52 stuff will stay in continuity under the guise of an altered reality, but I doubt Daniel West reverse flash is ever heard from again at least for while. He premiered at the height of the new 52 when DC probably didn't have any plans to go back to previous continuity. UGHH... I don't even like to think about that time. But anyway, naw 52 reverse flash is minor speedster villain at most and Professor Zoom, Eobard Thawne, is THE reverse flash. Although I would love for Zoom to show up at some point too, dude is way underutilized.