Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default The Superman Family after Reborn

Who do you think it will all consist of? Do you think Jurgens' tease that Action might turn into a Detective Comics-like book has legs? You think they're going to keep it fairly small, or try and make it as big as Batman's (which they could easily do if so desired)? Personally, I'm rather getting the feeling they want to go big here.

Here's whose already around:
    Superman
    Lois Lane
    Superboy (Jon)
    Supergirl (Kara)
    Steel
    Natasha Irons
    Traci Thirteen
    Superwoman (Lana)
    Krypto

Here's characters who aren't around at the moment but could fit if and when they return:
    Conner Kent (Kon-El)
    Mae Kent (Matrix)
    Eradicator - Technically he's around but he's still antagonistic at the moment
    The Guardian (Jim Harper)

And of course the SCU:
    Maggie Sawyer
    "Terrible" Dan Turpin

That's a sizeable cast, but I think 'Tec proves it can work for a dedicated title. Turn Action Comics into the family title, keep Superman as is and bring back MOS or Adventures as a second Supes solo title.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-16-2017 at 03:03 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I don't think we'll see Matrix again, I hope to see Connor, and I think the Jim Harper Guardian is persona non grata because of "diversity."

BANNED

You forgot Kenan.
    Mae might not be back,but Linda might be(with a different origin)
    ConnEr might be back,I hope done well.

I want a SUPER family book so bad,it's the 1 book I'm really excited about having someday (well besides YJ,JSA,and Legion)

I wonder if Lana will.still have powers after Reborn?

I like when the focus is on Superman and Clark Kent, when they are the same person. Then the extended cast is whomever he is dating, his friends and co-workers from the Daily Planet, etc.. I don't like all these child and teenage superheroes and would prefer that if they have to be around, they be put in their own titles where I don't have to read about them just to get my Superman fix.

So, I'd say I only like a "family" focus if they mean Daily Planet characters like Jimmy Olson, Perry White, Kat Grant (I realize she jsn't currently working there), Lois Lane, etc.. In select situations, you go to people like Lana Lang (non-superhero edition, or the superhero but hanging out in her human guise), Maggir Sawyer, that African-American firefighter friend of New52 Superman, Dr. Veritas, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc.. I feel like Jim Olson is barely in the comics anymore.

I could see expanding it to like having the Planet staff or the Justice League hang out at a bar after work and the bartender becoming a character, plus a Norm-like bar patron (Don't have these people turn out to be bad guys, please). I liked the scene right before Truth where Clark has lost his powers for a day due to superflaring and was out drinking with his JL friends in their human guises- that could be a regular thing they do- minus the drunken powerless Clark (Although that was hilarious). Could work for the Planet staff, too, depending on where you want the focus to be.

Acfually, what if Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, and Jim Olson all start drinking together, and Jim knws Clark is Superman, but not thst Bruce is Batman, so Clark has to cover up for Bruce? That could be fun.

But again, the superhero kids and teens are too much already for mainline Superman titles.

Superwoman has been good as a separate book. Were that to fold due to poor sales, I could see slotting her in a Justice League type teamup book (She and Steel could be the first two members- maybe new52 Superman as well, he says sneakily ), but not Action or Superman.

And, of course, they could always give new52 Superman his own book! I know, I know... My favorite character, though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    I like when the focus is on Superman and Clark Kent, when they are the same person. Then the extended cast is whomever he is dating, his friends and co-workers from the Daily Planet, etc.. I don't like all these child and teenage superheroes and would prefer that if they have to be around, they be put in their own titles where I don't have to read about them just to get my Superman fix.
    Well, he's married. Has been for 20 years....So, I don't think he'll be dating anyone. LOL.

BANNED

Guess what there is a awesome line up of super.FAMILY characters steering back decades now,and I am.invested in the family myself.

I want action comics and superman to be ALL superman,and a new family book,either called superman family, or adventure comics.im glad Jon got his own book,maybe the superman book will be more about superman now (and no I didn't have a problem with Jon being there in the slightest).

Now to get Kon back

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Well, he's married. Has been for 20 years....So, I don't think he'll be dating anyone. LOL.
    Well they had a break for 5 years where they saw other people but thankfully that was just a time hiccup and soon we can forget that ever happened...
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    I don't think we'll see Matrix again, I hope to see Connor, and I think the Jim Harper Guardian is persona non grata because of "diversity."
    I added her just because of my theory that Creepy Clark is actually her. First things first I know, but I figured why not. Conner's a lock to return, its just a question of when. And it'd be really sad if Jim Harper can't show up again somewhere, even if not in the Superman verse, just because he's white.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Man View Post
    I don't think we'll see her either which is a shame. Especially Linda. Would have been time to reintroduce her in the Supergirl series. Thanks to YJ I have hope that Conner will be back. I'd like to to have Jim, Dubbilex, and the rest of Cadmus return. Too bad they couldn't bring in Lena and Lillian Luthor from Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I added her just because of my theory that Creepy Clark is actually her. First things first I know, but I figured why not. Conner's a lock to return, its just a question of when. And it'd be really sad if Jim Harper can't show up again somewhere, even if not in the Superman verse, just because he's white.
    I don't think Jim will have any issues. Mal is in Titans and although I did like Mike as Guardian in the end of the Superboy series, but I can see both as Guardians. Jim's the original with Cadmus and Mike's the protoge at Star Labs.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I don't think we'll see her either which is a shame. Especially Linda. Would have been time to reintroduce her in the Supergirl series. Thanks to YJ I have hope that Conner will be back. I'd like to to have Jim, Dubbilex, and the rest of Cadmus return. Too bad they couldn't bring in Lena and Lillian Luthor from Supergirl.
    Lena is in Superwoman's book.

BANNED

Linda needs a new origin,part good lex making her and part her falling in with the wrong crowd,it could work.give her that great JLU suit she wore when she got depowered in the linda danvers supergirl series,and she could do short hair and even her original brown if tjey wanted.give her the psi blasts and flying brick abilities.she could go.kver well.make her a art college age kid.

Conner needs to be treated a lil older than he was in the comics now,he lost the superboy name to Jon,and the cocky teenage superhero niche from Kenan(both I'm cool with),so he needs a new one that feels natural for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    Lena is in Superwoman's book.
    I know. I meant after that's all done with. She or her mother could be the new head of Cadmus kinda like the show.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post

So, I'd say I only like a "family" focus if they mean Daily Planet characters like Jimmy Olson, Perry White, Kat Grant (I realize she jsn't currently working there), Lois Lane, etc.. In select situations, you go to people like Lana Lang (non-superhero edition, or the superhero but hanging out in her human guise), Maggir Sawyer, that African-American firefighter friend of New52 Superman, Dr. Veritas, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc.. I feel like Jim Olson is barely in the comics anymore.

I could see expanding it to like having the Planet staff or the Justice League hang out at a bar after work and the bartender becoming a character, plus a Norm-like bar patron (Don't have these people turn out to be bad guys, please). I liked the scene right before Truth where Clark has lost his powers for a day due to superflaring and was out drinking with his JL friends in their human guises- that could be a regular thing they do- minus the drunken powerless Clark (Although that was hilarious). Could work for the Planet staff, too, depending on where you want the focus to be.

Acfually, what if Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, and Jim Olson all start drinking together, and Jim knws Clark is Superman, but not thst Bruce is Batman, so Clark has to cover up for Bruce? That could be fun.

But again, the superhero kids and teens are too much already for mainline Superman titles.

Superwoman has been good as a separate book. Were that to fold due to poor sales, I could see slotting her in a Justice League type teamup book (She and Steel could be the first two members- maybe new52 Superman as well, he says sneakily ), but not Action or Superman.

And, of course, they could always give new52 Superman his own book! I know, I know... My favorite character, though.

Bruce doesn't drink. That said, I want to see more Bibbo. Hell, I'd buy a Bibbo book. Do you know Bibbo Bibbowski? He's the one and only bartender of any importance in the Superman mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Well they had a break for 5 years where they saw other people but thankfully that was just a time hiccup and soon we can forget that ever happened...

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I miss Dubbilex and Cadmus, too. I'd love to see them return with the Newsboy Legion in tow...

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Linda needs a new origin,part good lex making her and part her falling in with the wrong crowd,it could work.give her that great JLU suit she wore when she got depowered in the linda danvers supergirl series,and she could do short hair and even her original brown if tjey wanted.give her the psi blasts and flying brick abilities.she could go.kver well.make her a art college age kid.

Conner needs to be treated a lil older than he was in the comics now,he lost the superboy name to Jon,and the cocky teenage superhero niche from Kenan(both I'm cool with),so he needs a new one that feels natural for him.
    I'm still uneasy with that. I'd stick with the 17ish age. I want him to be in the same age bracket with his peers Tim, Cassie, and Bart. Now if there pre flashpoint history is returned then maybe I'd feel better about it, but I don't know if it's going to happen like that. Still waiting to see what happens with Wally and the rest of the Titans on that regard. He can still be the cocky teenage superhero but a seasoned one in covert ops.