Mighty Member

Default Was it Jerry Seinfeld...

who said if Superman existed in real life, people would be jumping off buildings to be rescued by Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    who said if Superman existed in real life, people would be jumping off buildings to be rescued by Superman?
    I don't recall that joke in particular, but it sounds right. Jerry would certainly agree with it and would probably be jumping off a few buildings himself! So would most people, I imagine. The hardcore Batman fans probably wouldn't out of spite.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    I think there was a comic issue that played around with that idea at one point. I can't remember any details, though. If I recall correctly, Clark was kind of pissed when he found out what was going on.

Oh, and remember when Lois intentionally jumped in the rapids leading to Niagara Falls in Superman 2, to try to out Clark as Superman? That was great.

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    I think there was a comic issue that played around with that idea at one point. I can't remember any details, though. If I recall correctly, Clark was kind of pissed when he found out what was going on.
    Adventures of Superman #19 & #20 (the digital series) must be the story you're thinking of. The Church of Superman.