View Poll Results: When will they be missed?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miss them already

64 70.33%
  • People will miss them in under a year

0 0%
  • People will miss them in a year

3 3.30%
  • People will miss them in 2 - 5 years

6 6.59%
  • People will miss them in 5 - 10 years

3 3.30%
  • People will miss them in 10+ years

3 3.30%
  • People will never miss them

12 13.19%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Conceptually, Ultimates is the closest we have to the FF right now in that they are a group of powerful and intelligent beings coming together to solve global/universal scale problems. Although, actually, that sounds more like the Future Foundation. There isn't a book right now that has the family aspect, at least.

I do think Ewing would be a good fit for the FF considering all the cosmic aspects he's been tackling with the Ultimates. His style for grand ideas somewhat reminds me of Jonathan Hickman.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It's hard to vote. My view is the majority of people don't miss the Fantastic Four and might not miss them for quite some time. However, I do think there will be a point that they'll be welcomed back excitedly, which is a different thing entirely.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Damn. Thought I had covered all the bases.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Wait, Hulk would be the Thing or the Reed Richards of the group ?.
    Obviously he'd be.....whoa.

I still think the FF brand is benefiting from them being gone
    We need better comics

I do. I just hope when they bring them back they start ageing Valeria and Franklin. Seems like kids stay the same age forever in Marvel. Add Artie and Leech to that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I do. I just hope when they bring them back they start ageing Valeria and Franklin. Seems like kids stay the same age forever in Marvel. Add Artie and Leech to that as well.
    True this. I miss the FF, but seeing an FF by the numbers merely filling a gap isn't what they should be. I'd rather see them come back eating thunder and crapping lightning.

As for the Richards kids, a young teen Franklin and a near double digit age Valeria would be good. We don't need young Richards kids with Dani cage and Spider Woman's kid (which I know nothing about so if it's a not real kid, well, sorry) filling in the role of Marvel babies/toddlers. To be fair, although Franklin hasn't aged quickly, he has gotten from a newborn to the age he was going into Secret Wars. As for Val's age, well, it's a superhero comic. Yeah, that's it, a superhero comic.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    True this. I miss the FF, but seeing an FF by the numbers merely filling a gap isn't what they should be. I'd rather see them come back eating thunder and crapping lightning.

As for the Richards kids, a young teen Franklin and a near double digit age Valeria would be good. We don't need young Richards kids with Dani cage and Spider Woman's kid (which I know nothing about so if it's a not real kid, well, sorry) filling in the role of Marvel babies/toddlers. To be fair, although Franklin hasn't aged quickly, he has gotten from a newborn to the age he was going into Secret Wars. As for Val's age, well, it's a superhero comic. Yeah, that's it, a superhero comic.
    Isn't she only like 3 according to brevort? I mean I'm fine with the for every four years an adult character ages 1. But for kids it's like...double that. Kitty being 23-24. Kurt being 30-31. I mean in those cases.. that type of aging I can deal with since Kitty was 13 and Kurt was 20 when introduced. But as far as kids go.. I'm concerned. At least have them age the same rate as adult characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Isn't she only like 3 according to brevort? I mean I'm fine with the for every four years an adult character ages 1. But for kids it's like...double that. Kitty being 23-24. Kurt being 30-31. I mean in those cases.. that type of aging I can deal with since Kitty was 13 and Kurt was 20 when introduced. But as far as kids go.. I'm concerned. At least have them age the same rate as adult characters.
    She was listed as being three in an actual story. This was before Fraction took the FF into a year long (in story, not actual time) arc and then I'm adding the eight months (also instory time) before SW which would put her at about 5. Adding three or four years to her and Franklin's ages for a return would put them at about 14 and 9.

I thought you were pushing for a few years aging as a result of the Richards' stay recreating the multi-verse. If you are, I agree. If you're not, I'm still for it as a three (or even five) year old Val wasn't handled well. She should have had Stewie Griffin tendencies where she was genius in one scene and physical toddler in another.

And Franklin deserves puberty. Let the multi-verse beware.

Astonishing Member

I miss them.
    This team had great runs by diferent writers and artist so it is odd to not see currently a Fantastic Four comic book being published.

Of course I miss them, they are Marvel's first family. They are still in many ways the heart and soul of the Marvel Universe, even if their book doesn't break the top ten.

BANNED

I'm glad to see them gone. The Fantastic Four were just cramping Doom's style anyway. Much more potential for Doom as a character with the Fantastic Four at last out of the way.

I do want them back because Ben and Johnny just don't work for me outside of them and i miss the family aspect of them....also they should have Hickman do their books from now on.

I don't think the FF has been written well as a whole since the Byrne run. Waid got a lot right with the FF, but he got Doom so wrong that I can't like his run. I want to, but that was just too big a mistake for me to forgive. Hickman's run, what little I read, suffered from too much Valeria and Spider-Man (who still shouldn't be part of any team). Valeria wasn't Hickman's fault, but this is a character that, frankly, I don't think should exist. Her origins are rooted in Sue's miscarriage during Byrne's run. It's one of his best single issues and a touching story. Retconning that story has always irritated me, partly because it's incredibly convoluted, but also because it invalidates a rare case of true tragedy and growth for a prominent character.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

So Johnny is with the Inhumans/Uncanny Avengers, Ben is with the Guardians of the Galaxy and Reed/Susan/the kids are considered dead? They (or Franklin rather) are making universes now somewhere, right? But what do people think happened to them or where are they now?

I certainly miss the F4. They were one of the few comics that really played up the family dynamic. These days in Marvel, there isn't that dynamic. There are a bunch of teams. There are a bunch of individual heroes. But there aren't a lot of families. And I think without that, there's a certain blandness to landscape of Marvel comics. I know they're kind of "uncool" in the sense that they don't fit with Marvel's efforts at improving diversity in their comics. The whole issue about the movie rights certainly doesn't help either. But more than anything else, that lack of a family dynamic is what I think a lot of people miss. Other than Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows, there's none of that in the comics these days. I do hope they come back at some point, but I don't think that's going to happen for a good long while. I think Marvel is content to keep them in their current obscured state for the foreseeable future.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.