Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dangleo61288 View Post
    I took that to mean that Tucker will not adapt the ReBirth arc. Having Clark and Diana break up and Clark hook up with Lois is not the Rebirth story.
    Anyway Johns I think told Tucker to adapt certain things like SMWW so Johns can tell him otherwise,,
    Not at all. But just a break up and hooking Clark up with Lois doesn't produce a ten year old Jon, obviously. That would take lots of time. Time they're not going to bother with.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

probably a long time, if ever. Other media seems to struggle with legacy characters, I mean...heck Nightwing hasn't really had that many media appearances and hes been around 30+ years.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

I agree with those saying it's going to be an animated series of some kind. Maybe an animated film.

Astonishing Member

They can do a time skip, break up WW and Supes
    then have Clark and Lois be married.
    Okay, admittedly I didn't remember Clark and Diana dating in 'Throne of Atlantis'. That does complicate things a bit, because even if we assume a time-skip, Jon would be 10 by the time Damian is 20 (since in this continuity, Damian was 10, or even a little older, around the time the Justice League was first formed).

Hell, about the only reason Jon and Damian are currently the same age in the comics is because Clark and Lois are essentially 'time-travelers' in a sense. That's not a route I see them going down with the movies, or any adaptation for that matter.

Though, I can't help but wonder...maybe there IS a way to do a 'Superman and Son' style movie after all. Simply have Superman and Lois disappear, abducted by some kind of extra-dimension entity and trapped in another reality. They return about a year later, but for them, 10 years have passed, and in the meantime they had Jon and raised him. And now, Clark and Lois have to cope with getting back to their 'real' lives after so long and also deal with how to introduce Jon to the world.

In fact, they can have Eradicator be the villain who abducts Clark and Lois and imprisons them in a pocket universe. And when they manage to escape back to the 'real world' he follows them back.

I took that to mean that Tucker will not adapt the ReBirth arc. Having Clark and Diana break up and Clark hook up with Lois is not the Rebirth story.
    Anyway Johns I think told Tucker to adapt certain things like SMWW so Johns can tell him otherwise,,
    I'm interested to see this interview Tucker has given where he says he won't be 'Rebirthing' the DCAOU. While obviously I don't see them adapting the Rebirth 'arc' per se, I would definitely like to see them making a move towards more classic non-New 52 stories (which they kinda already are, with 'Judas Contract') and perhaps adapt some of the individual character stories from the Rebirth era.

In 'Justice League Dark', Martian Manhunter is shown to be a Justice League member, which I kinda interpreted as a small step back towards a more classic iteration of the DCU.

I'd like to throw out a few places they could do it.

Supergirl. Jon (And maybe Damien) appear from the future. This could also turn out to be alien imposters, but then it becomes less believable in the future for other mediums.

Flash - Parallel universe.

Teen Titans Go - Jon wants to join the Teen Titans. I can see Robin throwing a fit.

Animated movie - easy enough.

New CW show. course if we go that route we'll have questions. Which universe is this in? When are they going to crossover? Why aren't they all in the same universe. They should do crisis and combine everything, etc.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I'm interested to see this interview Tucker has given where he says he won't be 'Rebirthing' the DCAOU.
    I'd like to see it too, especially when they had no problem 'flashpointing' the DCAOU to get to the point they're at anyway.

In fact, they can have Eradicator be the villain who abducts Clark and Lois and imprisons them in a pocket universe. And when they manage to escape back to the 'real world' he follows them back.
    That's a perfect way to create some kind of audience-friendly "tweek" on Convergence, and seemlessly adapt "Son of Superman", the inagural Jon arc, at the same time.

I definitely want to see elements of Diana's "Truth/Lies" story adapted also, or at least the bits which show her moving on from Clark and getting back with Steve.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I'd like to see it too, especially when they had no problem 'flashpointing' the DCAOU to get to the point they're at anyway.

That's a perfect way to create some kind of audience-friendly "tweek" on Convergence, and seemlessly adapt "Son of Superman", the inagural Jon arc, at the same time.

I definitely want to see elements of Diana's "Truth/Lies" story adapted also, or at least the bits which show her moving on from Clark and getting back with Steve.
    Thanks.

I've had some time to think a bit more about my idea and here's what I ended up with.

The film begins with a brief prologue that shows Clark and Lois getting married. Just then, Superman is called into action to deal with some villain rampaging across Metropolis, and Lois also head over to report the battle. Superman beats the villain, but suddenly a mysterious energy field engulfs him. Lois runs into action instinctively and gets caught in the blast as well and they both vanish. Superman and Lois are both declared officially MIA. Cue credits.

We then cut to Lois and Clark, who find themselves stuck on a parallel earth of some sort. Unable to find their way home, they decide to make a life there, in the town of Hamilton. Ten years pass, and they have a son, Jon, who's slowly starting to show signs of manifesting powers. Then one day, after they are attacked by some Intergang criminals (whom Lois wrote an expose on), Jon's powers manifest and he also discovers Clark's abilities. At this point, Clark tells Jon. Shortly thereafter, something seems to happen to the world around them, glitches in reality, almost as though everything is starting to unravel. The world around them seems to become unstable and collapse, and Clark, Lois and Jon seemingly face oblivion together...

In reality, they find themselves back on their own earth - about a year later. And they find themselves targeted by the Eradicator, who starts attacking them, intent on capturing and assimilating Jon. They escape and head to the Fortress where Clark whips up a new Superman suit for himself (based on the Rebirth suit) and a 'Superboy' outfit for Jon. At one point, Superman has his reunion with Batman and Wonder Woman, who initially have a hard time wrapping their heads around the existence of Jon.

It turns out that Clark and Lois were trapped in a pocket dimension created by the Time Trapper, who had intended to simply trap Superman in order to get him out of the way, and hadn't intended for Lois to get stuck as well, or for Jon to be born in that dimension. The Time Trapper, after getting rid of Superman had activated the Eradicator, as part of some scheme to play around with earth's future by terraforming it prematurely to become like Krypton. The Eradicator however had his own agenda and found a way to 'break' Superman out of the pocket dimension (thus destroying it).

Ultimately, Superman and Superboy together defeat the Eradicator (with some help from Krypto, and Lois in the Hellbat suit), and the world welcomes the return of Superman, while Superboy's existence is kept hidden for the time being. Lois and Clark return to their lives with some story about them being in hiding for the past year because of an Intergang story (Lois was working on a real story before they disappeared), with Jon officially their adopted son.

A post-credit scene will have Damian studying some footage of Jon in action, planning to make a move...

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    They restarted the DCAU after Timm stepped down and James Tucker became producer. Flashpoint simply happening in the comics was not the lone reason for the change, it just worked out that they had the opportunity. The opportunity doesn't exist right now as Tucker is continuing with what's already been built to this point. As for finding his comment, I think it might have been in a tweet/comment as opposed to an article. I can't remember where it was, its not in my history anymore, but someone should be able to find it.

It will simply have to be a standalone project.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-20-2017 at 01:00 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

after logan....i would be totally down for a jon kent addition

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Thanks.

I've had some time to think a bit more about my idea and here's what I ended up with
    That all sounds good. I've read theories about the Time Trapper in various Superman communities as a plausible villain for this type of situation (and in a saner non line-wide environment, would be preferrible to cashing in on Watchmen), the idea of setting up Supersons for the sequel with that final scene is a nice touch.

And even if something similar to your idea came about, I am of the opinion DCAOU probably won't resist the idea of DC vs Watchmen in animated form...Warner Bros would certaingly push for it if the event is a success as a comic. It's easy to be against rebirthing when something is unproven, but I think they're leaving money on the table if they want to preserve the N52 elements in the animated films. It's like being eternally content with Windows 7 when everyone is using Windows 10.

I wonder how many heads will explode if Justice League the movie ends with Clark returning to the apartment he shared with Lois, to find her pregnant or with Baby Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post

Personally, I love all the DC Comics TV shows (Though I watch them a year behind on Netflix). Notice how they all star adults, though? They even aged Supergirl. She's a college educated woman working at a newspaper (At least as of last season No spoilers please.) rather than a teenager. Kara even protested on camera in the first season when her editor, Kat Grant, dubbed her Supergirl, and said something like "Why girl? Don't you think that's a little demeaning? Why not 'Super*woman*'?". It was an in-joke for the audience, but it pointed out a truth- even the TV audiences, which are smaller than movie audiences and maybe more specifically into the genre and less scared off by cheesy elements, were not going to watch a show about a teenager. I don't read Supergirl comics. I do watch the show. That's why- I like reading and watching things about adults. They could in theory do a Jon cameo on the show, I guess, but I hope they don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I'd like to throw out a few places they could do it.

Supergirl. Jon (And maybe Damien) appear from the future. This could also turn out to be alien imposters, but then it becomes less believable in the future for other mediums.
    Kara Zor-El as Supergirl is an adult on the TV show. But there were several episode last season with Kara as a teen-age girl. In fact the opening scene of the pilot episode was with
    Kara as a child. And then there were scenes of Kara and Alex Danvers living in Midvale when they were children, like where Kara saves the woman and baby that had been in a car
    accident . Plus there was an episode where in a dream would we saw Kal-El as a boy. And this season we even got to see a young Lex Luthor and Lena Luthor. And there have
    been other children on the show, Cat Grant's son, the little girl being bullied for wearing a Supergirl costume. When Supergirl rescued Fluffy. So if there was a reason to have Jon
    on the show, not having children on the show isn't one of the reasons to not have him.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post
    probably a long time, if ever. Other media seems to struggle with legacy characters, I mean...heck Nightwing hasn't really had that many media appearances and hes been around 30+ years.
    Quite a few apperances in Batman the Animated series, all of season 2 of Young Justice, the Arkham games, and the recent Bad Blood animated Batman movie that was led by Nightwing. He has just as many if not more apperances than most Dc characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Kara Zor-El as Supergirl is an adult on the TV show. But there were several episode last season with Kara as a teen-age girl. In fact the opening scene of the pilot episode was with
    Kara as a child. And then there were scenes of Kara and Alex Danvers living in Midvale when they were children, like where Kara saves the woman and baby that had been in a car
    accident . Plus there was an episode where in a dream would we saw Kal-El as a boy. And this season we even got to see a young Lex Luthor and Lena Luthor. And there have
    been other children on the show, Cat Grant's son, the little girl being bullied for wearing a Supergirl costume. When Supergirl rescued Fluffy. So if there was a reason to have Jon
    on the show, not having children on the show isn't one of the reasons to not have him.
    Where do I reference anything about not having children on the show?
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Fantastic Member

Please God, do not make Jon a thing. An in justice league action they were making out superman and wonderman may go out