BANNED

Default as someone who really dabbled in superman comics back in the 90's....

would any of you recommend any of the rebirth super fam books? I'm normally more of a batman fan but have heard constant praise for the superman rebirth books(Mostly Action And Superman...I've not heard much of note about super woman)

do note that I'm just looking at the moment and I'm not 100% sure I'll even be getting into any of these books(My pull list is a mess and I"m trying to get back into DC Stuff i can trust after dropping rebirth entirely a few months back)
    Last edited by Chrysalis_Changling; 02-16-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

The main two titles are certainly the first I can see reading, although the thing really is: what of the 90s stuff did you like or dislike?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    The main two titles are certainly the first I can see reading, although the thing really is: what of the 90s stuff did you like or dislike?
    it's hard to really say cause i was so young when i first started reading comics that a lot of my favorite stuff from back then is hard to remember now

i didn't have a comic book shop to go to so i just got whatever comics i could find at the nearest grocery store or gas station

so reading issues out of order would be a constant thing

BANNED

I'd recommend them all.

New Super-Man, and Superwoman because I think they the best of the line, and am really enjoying both.

I'm subscribed to Supergirl, but haven't started reading it yet, but Orlando is a great writer and what I've heard about the book makes me recommend it.

I'm not as a excited about Superman as most of the other posters, but it's still a decent book that sometimes delivers great issues. It's the best the 'Superman' book has been since Kurt Busiek.

I think Action Comics is awful, one of the worst comics from either DC or Marvel at, but one of the reasons I dislike it is because it reads so much like a Jurgens Superman comic from the 90s. But if you're someone that likes Superman comics from the 90s, especially those by Jurgens, I think you're very likely to enjoy his current Action Comics run.

And I forgot about Super Sons. I haven't gotten around to reading it yet but I've heard nothing but good things.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 02-16-2017 at 06:16 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I was in just the same boat in that era. Action Comics by Jurgens has that 90s feeling. His first arc was kinda rough though, I'll have to read it collected before fully recommending it, but it's gotten better and Superman has just been solid. The other book really worth reading is New Superman. Super Sons if off to a good start, and Trinity has been kinda cool.

Definitely Superman and Action Comics. Superwoman seems more tied into the mystery of what's going on in the Superman books currently. I haven't read my copy of Super Sons yet, so I can't comment on that. I actually lost interest in New Super-Man and stopped reading it. Though of all the Super family books, Superman and Action would definitely be up your alley. You may like Super Woman too. I've heard good things about Supergirl too but haven't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    I'd recommend them all.

New Super-Man, and Superwoman because I think they the best of the line, and am really enjoying both.

I'm subscribed to Supergirl, but haven't started reading it yet, but Orlando is a great writer and what I've heard about the book makes me recommend it.

I'm not as a excited about Superman as most of the other posters, but it's still a decent book that sometimes delivers great issues. It's the best the 'Superman' book has been since Kurt Busiek.

I think Action Comics is awful, one of the worst comics from either DC or Marvel at, but one of the reasons I dislike it is because it reads so much like a Jurgens Superman comic from the 90s. But if you're someone that likes Superman comics from the 90s, especially those by Jurgens, I think you're very likely to enjoy his current Action Comics run.

And I forgot about Super Sons. I haven't gotten around to reading it yet but I've heard nothing but good things.
    I'm a post-CoIE Superman fan who was more of a late 80s/early 90s fan of Superman (gave up for a while on pretty much ALL comic books in '95). I liked the early New52 Superman written by George Pérez, but wasn't thrilled with Morrison's version in Action Comics and gave up when Scott Lobdell sent the series to H'El.

The thing I'd recommend first is

where we get the story of pre-Flashpoint Superman & Lois establishing a life on New 52 Earth and then go from there.

And FYI, I currently read and enjoy Action Comics (though the first arc was a bit long and drawn out) as well as Superwoman (a book that's so crazy and head-spinning that you never feel it's just redoing old stories but you definitely want to know what's coming next).
    I'm not a fan of Tomasi's writing these days, so I'm somewhat avoiding his Superman and Super Sons. Bought the first arc of Supergirl, but it in no way seems to have anything to do with the New 52 version as far as I can tell (I'm guessing it works more off the TV show, which I haven't watched) and has also suffered from bad writing and bizarrely awful artwork (though a different artist will be on it next month). And I've just starting reading New Super-Man, mainly because of that last-page reveal in issue #8. ()
    Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

I'd also recommend Lois and Clark, Action and especially Superman. Lois and Clark brings back what feels like the Lois and Clark of the late 80's/early 90's. (Which is what I read as a kid as well before quitting comics in 93). I've been pulling Superman consecutively for 10 years now and nothing has felt more true to the run of my childhood as Action and Superman. I would also recommend Trinity and Super-Sons. Tomasi is hitting it out of the park imo.