Default Ultimate Thor's Mjolnir or 616 Mjolnir?

Hey, everyone!

Does anyone know if it was definitively stated anywhere that Ultimate Thor's Mjolnir is a REAL Mjolnir (and NOT a hammer that was constructed on Earth), and if so, is it as powerful as the 616 Mjolnir?

And.....does it have any additional or different powers....?

Thanks for any and all info!

Before the Ultimate Universe was destroyed the last we saw of Ultimate Mjolnir was that it was basically a giant battery that "powered" Ultimate Thor. Previous continuity in the UU contradicts that but the most recent issues showed Ultimate Tony Stark building it.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Thank you for the response! That's exactly right!
    I remember that the Maker destroyed Asgard and cut off Thor's connection to his power, and then Tony built him a new "rig."
    But is the "Ultimate Thor" that we saw on the Thor Corps equipped with that version, or the original version that was a true Mjolnir?
    Because it's that Mjolnir that comes across dimensions into the 616 universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonbre View Post
    Thank you for the response! That's exactly right!
    I remember that the Maker destroyed Asgard and cut off Thor's connection to his power, and then Tony built him a new "rig."
    But is the "Ultimate Thor" that we saw on the Thor Corps equipped with that version, or the original version that was a true Mjolnir?
    Because it's that Mjolnir that comes across dimensions into the 616 universe.
    The simple fact is we don't know exactly, but it isn't acting like a man made artefact. What we don't know for sure is whether Doom changed it to be more like the others, or swapped it out somehow. It seems to have made the journey to the new MU because the 1610 is folded into the new universe and the hammer is looking for its Thor. Which begs the question where is Ultimate Thor, which has three possible answers. Nowhere / is amalgamated into the new Thor / somewhere in 1610.

This is why I wonder if the hammer may conciously compromise its worthiness criteria and ask Odinson to help find him. There are a number of threads being picked up from the end of Secret Wars across the MU, regarding the nature of the combined universe. We will even have The Maker due to turn up wanting to recreate the 1610 at some point.

the Ultimate Thor's hammer was inconsistently depicted throughout the Ultimate universe comics. In The Ultimates 1 and 2, it seems like just a big-ass hammer. In Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum, Fuckin' Jeph Loeb had it look like the regular hammer and had Magneto wield it. The Ultimate Thor mini, which seemed to be showing the retcon backstory created by Loki's manipulation of reality from Ultimates 2, showed the big-ass hammer he used in Ultimates 1 and 2 was a man-made hammer created by the scientists at the EU Super-Soldier programme, acting as a battery for the belt that gave him flight powers and giving him weather manipulation and teleporting powers.

Cap used it in Millar's Ultimate Avengers 3 to teleport the Triskelion to Iran to kill the vampires overrunning it.

It's only in the end of Thors and in Unworthy Thor that the hammer has the worthiness bit written on the hammer.
    I surrender to the Contest

Just consider it being a different hammer made by God Doom during Secret Wars for a Thor looking like the one from the 1610 Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    the Ultimate Thor's hammer was inconsistently depicted throughout the Ultimate universe comics. In The Ultimates 1 and 2, it seems like just a big-ass hammer. In Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum, Fuckin' Jeph Loeb had it look like the regular hammer and had Magneto wield it. The Ultimate Thor mini, which seemed to be showing the retcon backstory created by Loki's manipulation of reality from Ultimates 2, showed the big-ass hammer he used in Ultimates 1 and 2 was a man-made hammer created by the scientists at the EU Super-Soldier programme, acting as a battery for the belt that gave him flight powers and giving him weather manipulation and teleporting powers.

Cap used it in Millar's Ultimate Avengers 3 to teleport the Triskelion to Iran to kill the vampires overrunning it.

It's only in the end of Thors and in Unworthy Thor that the hammer has the worthiness bit written on the hammer.
    Thanks for the recap. It has been so long now that I doubt I will ever get around to reading this stuff. Too much other good stuff to read.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

They should have kept Ultimate Thor and got rid of the Ultimate hammer instead. I thought he would have been perfect for the current MU Ultimates plus he would have provided a link to the old team from the UU.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Ideally, it'd be 616 Mjolnir but if Marvel keep Jane Foster with that hammer than I'll settle for Thor having the Ultimate Hammer.