BANNED

Default Spider-Verse....comic books and TV

OK, I followed pretty much all of the Spider-Verse crossover story in the comics, but not the identically named storyline in the Ultimate Spider-Man TV cartoon, which I don't watch. Do the comics and TV show link up in any way, acknowledge one another?

As far as I know, the Ultimate Spider-Man version of Spider-Verse tells it's own story and doesn't connect to the comic run. It references it a couple times with the certain Spider-characters that show up, mainly how the final 2 episodes are where Spider-Gwen makes her appearance, but other than that not really.

The storyline primarily focuses on Peter & Miles, Wolf Spider is the main villain, and some characters like Superior Spider-Man don't show up.

BANNED

Is there any way to reconcile the TV show's version of events with those in the comics?

The closest connection between the two was USM Spider-Man showing up in a Spider-Verse tie-in during a story where he and Miles teamed-up with the 60's cartoon Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by ElliotJA View Post
    OK, I followed pretty much all of the Spider-Verse crossover story in the comics, but not the identically named storyline in the Ultimate Spider-Man TV cartoon, which I don't watch.
    There's a comic book adaptation. Four issues. Should be on Marvel Unlimited.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Marvel_...er-Verse_Vol_1

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

It's a children's show so don't expect too much. Female Spiders in particular got screwed over hard. No Silk, no Ultimate Jessica, no Jessica, no Anya, no Mayday or the such. We were lucky to even get Gwen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    It's a children's show so don't expect too much. Female Spiders in particular got screwed over hard. No Silk, no Ultimate Jessica, no Jessica, no Anya, no Mayday or the such. We were lucky to even get Gwen.
    And a gender-flipped Peter Parker .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

And we had to wait until The Spider-Slayers to get a Spider-MJ, when it could have easily been foreshadowed by adapting the Exiles, Mangaverse, or New Amazonia versions of Mary Jane into Return to the Spider-Verse.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Worse, they even said they had plans for Anya, but the show ended without her ever showing up.