Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Marvel Unlimited Free Month Offer

I play future fight and they are offering a free month right now with a certain code

Marvel Unlimited

Our team up with Marvel is bringing you access to over 20,000 comics! All you need to is go to marvel.com/unlimited and use the code "FUTUREFIGHT" in the checkout to get 1 month free access. This is your chance to get access to Marvel's back catalogue and learn all about our amazing characters.

Offer is valid between 02/17 12:01am EST ~ 02/24 11:59pm est.

This is available only for new and returning marvel unlimited subscribers only in the U.S.

just so you know.

Marvel seems to be pushing MU harder than ever.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I play future fight and they are offering a free month right now with a certain code

just so you know.

Marvel seems to be pushing MU harder than ever.
    According to some of the voices in Marvel, most notably Bendis, there are a significant number of people that read Marvel comics primarily on MU. They are often suddenly confronted with social media messages taking them to task about books published on this delayed schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    According to some of the voices in Marvel, most notably Bendis, there are a significant number of people that read Marvel comics primarily on MU. They are often suddenly confronted with social media messages taking them to task about books published on this delayed schedule.
    sub based model seems like the future TBH

it is how I get any of my curious acquaintances into comics.

Unless you need to discuss comics in real time (like on forums), there really is no drawback to being 6months behind

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

wow thank you so much for the heads up!

I have a lot of friends who'll love this!

awww. only in the US :/

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Wow, thats awesome. To bad for me I already have Unlimited but either way its still a great deal.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    sub based model seems like the future TBH

it is how I get any of my curious acquaintances into comics.
    Yep. This. I can just imagine the outcry from comic shop owners if Marvel reduces the delay. Seriously though, comic shops are already kinda niche retailers for comic collectibles. Might as well own it.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Sucks, doesn't it. I guess they don't want to step on Panini's toes. MU releases stories before they do (they're about a year behind - current issues involve Apocalypse Wars and Standoff).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Damn it!

10 char

Sime people on future fight forum used it outside usa btw

Might be worth trying

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Yep. This. I can just imagine the outcry from comic shop owners if Marvel reduces the delay. Seriously though, comic shops are already kinda niche retailers for comic collectibles. Might as well own it.
    I guess it will take Marvel biting the bullet and producing some digital first or digital only comics (as opposed to Infinite Comics) before they are tempted into this. As the percentage of the market shifts away from shops, the day will probably come. Just not for a few years yet.

I guess it will take Marvel biting the bullet and producing some digital first or digital only comics (as opposed to Infinite Comics) before they are tempted into this. As the percentage of the market shifts away from shops, the day will probably come. Just not for a few years yet.
    When Marvel started producing comics back in 1939, the business model they used relied upon newstands. In the 1980's, newstands were going out of business left and right, so they adapted to the current model of direct sales to specialty comic book stores. I am under no illusion that they would shift to a digital platform and do direct sales themselves, which they have already did with their Marvel Unlimited and Marvel Digital Store front. The days of comic book shop owners dictating to Marvel what is good for Marvel's business is over.

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherJohn View Post
    When Marvel started producing comics back in 1939, the business model they used relied upon newstands. In the 1980's, newstands were going out of business left and right, so they adapted to the current model of direct sales to specialty comic book stores. I am under no illusion that they would shift to a digital platform and do direct sales themselves, which they have already did with their Marvel Unlimited and Marvel Digital Store front. The days of comic book shop owners dictating to Marvel what is good for Marvel's business is over.
    I honestly think they are holding onto the direct market for purely selfish reasons, as it keeps their paper comics business going and maintains what they are used to. As some comic shops are now drifting away from floppies the trade market could easily shift away from the direct market and we will be left with a divided marketplace. Indeed, I think the market already has lots of divisions, and the news that Marvel are dealing with Archie Comics will only further subdivide it. Only a few weeks ago people on these forums were scoffing at the very idea Marvel would flirt with Spinner Racks again. The direct market is a marriage of convenience built by accident and supported by mutual interest. That mutual interest is not going to hold forever.

Yup. In fairness, DC has already toyed with digital first via DC Superhero Girls and the video game tie-in Injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherJohn View Post
    They will but I reckon not until revenue from those sources are as big as monthly floppy revenue. Although technically, the Marvel digital storefront is powered by comiXology so I expect Amazon gets a 35% cut of all those sales. If using the Marvel Comics app on iOS, I suspect it's a 3-way split at 35/35/30 between Marvel/comiXology/Apple.

I reckon this is why Marvel is promoting Marvel Unlimited so heavily. That one is actually direct Marvel so no revenue sharing. Of course now, they do have bigger overhead with software development, server maintenance and bandwidth costs as opposed to comiXology where Amazon provides all of that. Scaling is key. With lots of subscribers, Marvel Unlimited becomes a much better option than paying 35% per comic to Amazon/comiXology.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Yup. In fairness, DC has already toyed with digital first via DC Superhero Girls and the video game tie-in Injustice.

They will but I reckon not until revenue from those sources are as big as monthly floppy revenue. Although technically, the Marvel digital storefront is powered by comiXology so I expect Amazon gets a 35% cut of all those sales. If using the Marvel Comics app on iOS, I suspect it's a 3-way split at 35/35/30 between Marvel/comiXology/Apple.

I reckon this is why Marvel is promoting Marvel Unlimited so heavily. That one is actually direct Marvel so no revenue sharing. Of course now, they do have bigger overhead with software development, server maintenance and bandwidth costs as opposed to comiXology where Amazon provides all of that. Scaling is key. With lots of subscribers, Marvel Unlimited becomes a much better option than paying 35% per comic to Amazon/comiXology.
    id be curious to see how much people would pay for a MU that came out on time (aka every Wednesday with no delay) and you got access to everything that came out.

it would be hefty but id be curious