Default Question on Netflix DD and Iron Fist...

I know I missed something, I'm trying to figure out where. Madame Gao is part of the Hand. When was it first introduced that way? I could of sworn that in DD season one she was only on the same side as the Hand because she was in cahoots with Fisk, who was in it with Nobu, who was Hand.

Obviously the Hand has different factions and in each of them possible conflicts with one another, as seen in Iron Fist, but I just can't recollect when it was stated that she was Hand.

Not until Iron Fist. Seeing as how the Hand seems to infiltrate and control other groups (the Yakuza and Triad, in DD case), it's probable that Nobu and Gao were aware of and tolerated one another. Their interests were obviously quite different. Makes one wonder why Bakuto and Gao disliked one another.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Not until Iron Fist. Seeing as how the Hand seems to infiltrate and control other groups (the Yakuza and Triad, in DD case), it's probable that Nobu and Gao were aware of and tolerated one another. Their interests were obviously quite different. Makes one wonder why Bakuto and Gao disliked one another.
    Bakuto and Gao seemed to differ on the methods they used to achieve their goals. I wish they went into why Gao and Bakuto were against each other and had them interact more.