Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    BANNED

so this is literally the canon list, what we all have been trying to ask Marvel

So does Shuri bump Moon Girl now or are they tied for the number 1 spot
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

Iirc moon girl was declared smartest by a think tank of smart folks when she bested a puzzle developed by banner that no one else beat

Said it showed she was the smartest person in the universe I think

But reed was not in the universe at that time

And really this shows she might have the best puzzle solving brain

The rest of humanity pale compared to richards and doom in almost every field

Now if Marvel as a publisher have said she's the smartest that's different and even less important because as Stan lee has said, a hero is as strong, powerful, smart as a writer wants

There are people with feats not even suggested on the list

Characters with less years of publication have a rough time, but panther showed he was perhaps the smartest tactician in the heros in his first appearances by taking out the ff, including reed, who's always been listed higher

It's hyperbolic, but no one's feats in any single year of publication reach reeds, he himself said it would take him a few weeks to reach pym level of biochemistry but has conceded others expertise above his in some fields

As a scientific mind, reeds is unsurpassed imo

But in other fields others will be greater,

But I don't recall many others thinking of how to survive the beyonders or figure out how to help the skrulls avoid almost all detection including magic (but that's hardly something to be proud of)

Yet he can't cure ben???

If I had to say whos the absolute smartest I would say doom, science like reed, engineering like stark, tactics like panther,magic like strange, magnificent savant, but he's no hero
    Last edited by kilderkin; 10-12-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    So does Shuri bump Moon Girl now or are they tied for the number 1 spot
    Shuri is the smartest person in the MCU, but in the comics I'm not sure she's established highe enough to even be in the top 10 yet. The new Shuri solo is establishing that she's smart... but it's going to take a bit more to meet or even exceed people like Reed and Stark.

This is from Marvel Editorial and according to them. They say it's up to date and canon.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLR4EnRNaDw
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 10-12-2018 at 06:05 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    This is from Marvel Editorial and according to them. They say it's up to date and canon.
    at the end it says the ranking is based on their overall importance and influence in comics?

what do you take that to mean?

I think its interesting how all the ladies are under 16, and almost all the men are 30+ (Amadeus has to be a teenager right?).
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I think its interesting how all the ladies are under 16, and almost all the men are 30+ (Amadeus has to be a teenager right?).
    Think he's 19 or 20

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Think he's 19 or 20
    He was definitely a legal adult by the time he became a Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    at the end it says the ranking is based on their overall importance and influence in comics?

what do you take that to mean?
    What the Editors feel is right. I'm not saying to follow if you don't like it. I'm just telling you who made the list. To me T'Challa and Pym have been wronged. Although again is my opinion not the list's
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 10-12-2018 at 07:17 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

What the Editors feel is right. I'm not saying to follow if you don't like it. I'm just telling you who made the list. To me T'Challa and Pym have been wronged. Although again is my opinion not the list's
    Yeah I appreciate where your coming from, that's cool

I just found there wording interesting in that statement, it sounded almost like they were qualifying it from an out of universe perspective coz importance in universe surely stark or T'challa would top that bill?

personally I think it's a bad idea to do absolute lists as much of the fun is to debate it, it's better imo to say whos top 5, top 10, top 20 and so on but not rank beyond that

After all, they can say it all day, but a writer can just in panel prove otherwise whenever they feel like it, it's not like marvel editorial have tight control these days

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Yeah I appreciate where your coming from, that's cool

I just found there wording interesting in that statement, it sounded almost like they were qualifying it from an out of universe perspective coz importance in universe surely stark or T'challa would top that bill?

personally I think it's a bad idea to do absolute lists as much of the fun is to debate it, it's better imo to say whos top 5, top 10, top 20 and so on but not rank beyond that

After all, they can say it all day, but a writer can just in panel prove otherwise whenever they feel like it, it's not like marvel editorial have tight control these days
    I think certain writiers deciding to give their characters exact numbers is how these lists really came about. Cho kept calling himself the 6th smartest or something like that. I believe T"Challa called himself the 8th smartest in his book, and the Moon Girl made it a point to clarify that she was the smartest. Of course some of the numbers had to change as new smart people were developed... but I think that was sort of the starting point to creating definitive rankings. Once a writer decides this character is number 6, it automatically gets everyone wondering who are the other numbers.

Same thing sort of happened in DC. I think Mr. Terrific labeled himself the third smartest, and DC editorial later chimmed in that Bruce and Lex were 2 and 1.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think certain writiers deciding to give their characters exact numbers is how these lists really came about. Cho kept calling himself the 6th smartest or something like that. I believe T"Challa called himself the 8th smartest in his book, and the Moon Girl made it a point to clarify that she was the smartest. Of course some of the numbers had to change as new smart people were developed... but I think that was sort of the starting point to creating definitive rankings. Once a writer decides this character is number 6, it automatically gets everyone wondering who are the other numbers.

Same thing sort of happened in DC. I think Mr. Terrific labeled himself the third smartest, and DC editorial later chimmed in that Bruce and Lex were 2 and 1.
    Yeah, I recall in a recent terrifics book Holt discussed that, then said it was all hyperbolic anyway

Big fan of Michael and I would place him and ray palmer above bruce if not lex in terms of academic smarts at least

Bruce is a great deductive reasoner but academic smarts he's not in their league imo

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

> posted 17/02/2017

k

Dr. Doom gonna be pissed