Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

A few thoughts:
    -I think the list is interesting as a kind of snapshot of "what does Marvel want to push now".
    -Like others have said, intelligence is tough to rank and it would probably make more sense to do tiers instead of a straight ranking.
    -To be viewed as legitimate I think a character needs a bit more history. Some of these characters have been around for over 50 years with their genius as an integral part of their character, so when you have Moon Girl and RiRi Williams who I think were both introduced in 2016 outranking traditional geniuses, it creates some pushback. A few years ago you would have seen Blue Marvel on this list, and now he isn't included. I've read comics for decades and never read a story with either of them as a character.
    -I like the push to have females and non-Caucasians represented, just think it could have been done in a more organic way.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    No Moon Girl fans out there to list her accomplishments? I've been hearing she's the smartest for a while but what has she done?
    had writers declare her smartest.

there's no way she could match the feat list of 50yr old heroes, after all, so declaring it is literally all you can do.
    Last edited by GrandEleven; 02-20-2017 at 10:19 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    volume, issue?
    Peter Parker invented a Wakandian calculus

what?

That's what a get when I google wakandian calculus:
    http://www.spiderfan.org/comics/revi...azing/648.html

BANNED

Does anyone think Tony Stark being 3rd is probably the most controversial thing on the list

i thought it was mentioned Riri was smarter than him? but i guess he still is smarter than her?

i thought at least Hank Pym and Bruce were ahead of Tony?

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    Does anyone think Tony Stark being 3rd is probably the most controversial thing on the list

[/B]
    No, 3 sounds right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    No, 3 sounds right.
    that is true,

Bruce Banner did say he was the 4th smartest man in some comic along time ago

i thought it was mentioned Riri was smarter than him? but i guess he still is smarter than her?

i thought at least Hank Pym and Bruce were ahead of Tony?

Hank Pym got put down a lot when Bendis controlled the Avengers comics and Bruce Banner the scientist was left to the wayside too until Mark Ruffalo made him cool again. Tony's claim to 3rd being tenous at all is what's controversial.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Hank Pym got put down a lot when Bendis controlled the Avengers comics and Bruce Banner the scientist was left to the wayside too until Mark Ruffalo made him cool again. Tony's claim to 3rd being tenous at all is what's controversial.
    although it's not a stretch to say Tony has always been smarter than Pym or Banner but just lacked the determination of those two

I'd say he's always looked smarter than Banner. Banner's one of those characters who gets a bit of lipservice once in a blue moon, but is usually portrayed as on the level of a realistic real-world scientist.

Pym, though, had the advantage of being one of the main characters on the Avengers for most of its history. The Big Three, Cap, Iron Man, and Thor, were missing from the book for large stretches, and basically just were glorified guest-stars. It's only recently that the Avengers actually became ABOUT Cap, Iron Man, and Thor. Consequently Pym was the only science-guy on the team for large stretches, which allowed him to really pile up the feats.

BANNED

im just suprised Blue Marvel didn't make the cut i assumed he was probably tied for T'challa at 10th or maybe in an extended list he be 11th right behind him

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    had writers declare her smartest.

there's no way she could match the feat list of 50yr old heroes, after all, so declaring it is literally all you can do.
    Yea not gonna lie, Moon Girl sounds like a bad fanfiction character, especially with the list given of her feats. All this while being a 9 year old and only being around for a year.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

although it's not a stretch to say Tony has always been smarter than Pym or Banner but just lacked the determination of those two
    Richards himself said that he was only smarter than Stark by the smallest of fractions but that Stark was the worlds greatest multi tasker. Able to concentrate on several complex and varied tasks at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by starfang View Post
    Why is Cho at the bottom, he should at least be 2 or 3?
    Amadeus was introduced specifically as the 7th Smartest Person Alive. Moon Girl's introduction bumps him to 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    This list is BS. Hank Pym and Peter Parker both have much better feats than anyone here except for Reed Richards, but one is on the low end of the list and the other one didnt even make it. It's really sad when the fans have better knowledge regarding Marvel's characters than Marvel themselves...
    Intelligence still isn't about "feats."

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    man why the heck did they name a character moon girl.

have they never heard of moon logic?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...oonLogicPuzzle

if the character is based on that, it means she's insane and has no grasp on reality, not frighteningly intelligent.
    She's not based on that. She's named after Moon Boy, the character created by Jack Kirby. (In-universe, the nickname seems to be the result of her regularly wearing a shirt with the moon on it.)

Mighty Member

im just suprised Blue Marvel didn't make the cut i assumed he was probably tied for T'challa at 10th or maybe in an extended list he be 11th right behind him
    He does in my book (as long as we elongate the list to Top 12)