Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by po-boy View Post
    -I like the push to have females and non-Caucasians represented, just think it could have been done in a more organic way.
    So, what, it should've been another 10 or 20 years before the list could include women and POC? Nah. Screw that. I prefer Marvel's approach of just goddamn doing it.

This list really means nothing. When the world is ending and they need the smart people in a room its gonna be the same 6 heroes you always see.
    We need better comics

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    This list really means nothing. When the world is ending and they need the smart people in a room its gonna be the same 6 heroes you always see.
    Dont be so sure. Blue Marvel has been flexing his brain muscles quite a bit in the Ultimates. So I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up in more crises requiring a scientific touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Dont be so sure. Blue Marvel has been flexing his brain muscles quite a bit in the Ultimates. So I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up in more crises requiring a scientific touch.
    He would if Ewing was writing it.
    We need better comics

Course, in part that's because those are generally the same people you see in world ending crisis anyways... people in the the Avengers, X-Men and Fantastic Four. So for a big event Stark, Reed, and Beast are usually there regardless as part of the package.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Course, in part that's because those are generally the same people you see in world ending crisis anyways... people in the the Avengers, X-Men and Fantastic Four. So for a big event Stark, Reed, and Beast are usually there regardless as part of the package.
    That's probably why they formed the Illuminati in the first place.

Pretty much. It's great that a woman of colour tops the Smartest People list, but get back to me when a woman of colour is central to a major event. As it is, the only ones allowed to actually matter are still a whole bunch of straight white dudes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Pretty much. It's great that a woman of colour tops the Smartest People list, but get back to me when a woman of colour is central to a major event. As it is, the only ones allowed to actually matter are still a whole bunch of straight white dudes.
    ............and Black Panther.

In a way it makes sense though. In the case of Val and Moon Girls, they're essentially little kids. You can argue they shouldn't be involved in big end of the world events.

Cho could make the cut though. Right now he's the Hulk... and it's usually handy to have a Hulk around in situations like that.

BANNED

How long is this Moon Girl thing going to last until Reed retains his title?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    How long is this Moon Girl thing going to last until Reed retains his title?
    To be fair, that's largely assuming she doesn't rack up any ingenuity feats other than "take our word for it".

Occasionally.

Extraordinary Member

Does carol count in civil war 2 and miles?

Occasionally.
    It's happening more frequently though, and I imagine that will increase overtime.

There are upsides to being a movie character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's happening more frequently though, and I imagine that will increase overtime.

There are upsides to being a movie character.

I have not read monsters unleashed yet but i heard moongirl is the main lead or one of main leads there in that event.Does that count for recent events?
    Oh and someone mention luke cage was one of the main leads in the dark reign event.