Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Has anyone apologized to then Marvel Editor-In-Chief, Bob Harras, for ordering Ben Reilly's death during the Clone Saga yet? Because if this issue is any indication of the "Ben Reilly" we'll be getting from now on, then he was better off being "a pile of goo."

Stillanerd Reviews: Amazing Spider-Man (2015) #24
    Yep. All completely and 100% spot on.

In the meantime, a question. I've seen one or two people attempt to justify Ben's homicidal/mass-murdering/basically genocidal actions on the grounds that he believed he could bring everyone back (cos obviously that makes it alright). But putting aside the logistics of reanimating everyone in the entire world, I'm still a little fuzzy on what the re-animates actually were (I've only read the story once in store, so I missed some of the deets). I remember Ben saying something about psychic residue restoring memories but weren't the reanimates still ultimately just clones of the original people? So, to all intents and purposes, they were copies with the memories of that person - but not actually that person. Kinda like Rimmer in Red Dwarf.
    Last edited by Vworp Vworp; 02-27-2017 at 11:42 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Not everyone shares your optimistic view of the story, huh?
    A bit of a 22 cath but I mostly agree with the prof here. Tastes aside, any review that starts the way that one does you already know where it goes.

So....is Ben going to be a Hero in his upcoming title? Cause when this story wrapped up he was looking pretty homicidal to me, not to mention deranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    So....is Ben going to be a Hero in his upcoming title? Cause when this story wrapped up he was looking pretty homicidal to me, not to mention deranged.
    i know it's tricky because the genre is super HERO but i imagine it'll be a broader interpretation of what that means. i'm watching Vikings at the moment so i'm pretty comfortable enjoying the adventures of people whose morals don't agree what they mine.
    troo fan or death