Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    because the last thing we need is Spider-Man moralizing Frank Castle for 22 pages.
    Maybe that means that Spidey and Punisher don't work as a team-up?

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    They have an uneasy alliance, same as with Wolverine(who has DEFINITELY murdered more people than Frank, lets be real)
    It might depend of the characterization, but I've gathered that Wolverine is closer to the soldier, the person who uses lethal force when everything else fails. The Punisher is a serial killer. (Besides, the key thing about Wolverine is that he's trying to rise above his worse characteristics. The Punisher murders people as his only purpose in life, making him no better than Sabretooth.)

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Yeah but that's just depressing and bleak.
    it certainly can be, but it doesn't need to be. i've had to compromise at work plenty of times and it was never grim or gritty
    troo fan or death

For starters, Punisher was first tricked into thinking he was going to arrest a murderous Spider-Man to deliver him to the law, and he didn't use lethal ordinance for years to come.
    Later he felt the presence of Frank and what he was doing was a necessary evil, so he let it slide.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    I don't know. Sometimes I think Peter relates to those type of people that deep down he knows is right(hes got dark shades about him that shows he can be cruel and just as viciously cold blooded to a person if pushed), he is just stubborn about the fact naive self righteousness pacifism will always win out and people will value his train of thought not to take a life, like someone said Spideys a optimist that is trying to deny to himself hes just as crazy as they are and wants to ignore their methods out of pride or moral integrity and sanity.

What I wanna know is why os it hard for him and wade to get along more than frank and even eddie.
    I don't think Spider-Man is at all naive in his ideology or approach to crime fighting. As for harder to get along with Deadpool than Eddie or Frank, this is my point. Realistically he'd just not want to get along with any of them. Also peter isn't just as crazy as Punisher. Peter just wants to help out. Punisher has a death wish.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    another real world reason? people fail or compromise or are hypocritical all the time, often to make their lives or careers work.

if peter is an "every man" rather than a paragon, then i'm ok with that reasoning. he does his best, but the world is bigger, badder and more complex than he can overcome.
    That's a cheap explanation though. You can't just say people can be hypocritical at times so any time Peter (or any character) is hypocritical its okay. We're talking about something as serious as letting someone he knows to be a violent killer just walk away on multiple occassions when his own backstory is formed by allowing one guy with a gun go free when he didn't even know if he'd hurt anybody.

I mean if you stood a very good chance of apprehending a known criminal with violent tendancies because you know you are physically more powerful than them and have a certain amount of training in fighting you are just going to nonchalantly let them walk away? C'mon.

it certainly can be, but it doesn't need to be. i've had to compromise at work plenty of times and it was never grim or gritty
    Yeah but boots I am taking a wild guess here but your compromises didn't involve letting serial killers just walk away to go do more killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    For starters, Punisher was first tricked into thinking he was going to arrest a murderous Spider-Man to deliver him to the law, and he didn't use lethal ordinance for years to come.
    Later he felt the presence of Frank and what he was doing was a necessary evil, so he let it slide.
    a) Spider-Man never felt Frank's actiosn were a necesarry evil hence he on panel disapproved of his actions and never adopted them himself

b) Frank used lethal ordenance from the start:

This is from ASM #135, Punisher's third ever appearance:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/zdfLID0tU4d...QiuGVqWQMcD=s0
    Last edited by Spidercide; 02-20-2017 at 05:52 AM.

BANNED

another real world reason? people fail or compromise or are hypocritical all the time, often to make their lives or careers work.

if peter is an "every man" rather than a paragon, then i'm ok with that reasoning. he does his best, but the world is bigger, badder and more complex than he can overcome.
    That's a cheap explanation though. You can't just say people can be hypocritical at times so any time Peter (or any character) is hypocritical its okay. We're talking about something as serious as letting someone he knows to be a violent killer just walk away on multiple occassions when his own backstory is formed by allowing one guy with a gun go free when he didn't even know if he'd hurt anybody.

I mean if you stood a very good chance of apprehending a known criminal with violent tendancies because you know you are physically more powerful than them and have a certain amount of training in fighting you are just going to nonchalantly let them walk away? C'mon.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    a) Spider-Man never felt Frank's actiosn were a necesarry evil hence he on panel disapproved of his actions and never adopted them himself

b) Frank used lethal ordenance from the start:

This is from ASM #135, Punisher's third ever appearance:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/zdfLID0tU4d...QiuGVqWQMcD=s0
    Actually, I was referencing a Punisher comic from the 90s, Spider-Man punched Frank after reading in a newspaper about the latter killing cops, and Spider-Man said in that story he let him go because he sometimes finds his work necessary.

That time with Tarantula he used mercy bullets.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Actually, I was referencing a Punisher comic from the 90s, Spider-Man punched Frank after reading in a newspaper about the latter killing cops, and Spider-Man said in that story he let him go because he sometimes finds his work necessary.

That time with Tarantula he used mercy bullets.
    Wait are you saying Punisher let Spider-Man go because he found Spider-Man's work necesarry or Spider-Man let Frank go because he sometimes finds Frank work necesarry. Because is it is the latter it's still OOC for Spider-Man (and also isn't from a Spider-Man comic)

Afre you sure he used mercy bullets in that issue I do not remember that. Do you have the panel confirming that perhaps?

Regardless, Punisher used lethal ordinance in his earlier appearance from ASM #129

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

Spidey believes people can change, maybe he's hoping the Punishers trauma will one day change him to a hero from an anti-hero.
    Maybe it's just 1 of those situations where he doesn't know what's the right thing to do in his case.
    Still I like to believe, although I haven't read any teamups between them, that he'd save even villains from the Punisher when he goes for the kill.
    I did see the 90s Spider-Man tv Punisher stories which were very awesome, and did justice to both their characters in a meaningful way.
    Last edited by SilverSpider; 03-05-2017 at 05:04 AM. Reason: I mistyped way (I wrote day originally)
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Because if he wasn't, Punisher would never have gotten out of jail since the first time he tangled with Spidey, and Marvel wouldn't have been able to profit off his comic books.