Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Clone Conspiracy Omega Spoof Preview

Here is a spoof preview put out by bleeding.com for you to chuckle at
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02...spiracy-omega/

Okay, that's pretty funny.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I hope he declined. Spider-Man is too good and shouldn't be tainted by one of the most unpopular and controversial presidencies in American history.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Heh. Not a bad spoof. I've certainly read worse spoofs.

My god! The resemblance between Bendis and Kingpin is uncanny!

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

This is very funny, still I feel politics should be left out of comics, but that's just a personal preference.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpider View Post
    This is very funny, still I feel politics should be left out of comics, but that's just a personal preference.
    Quoted for truth!!!!
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpider View Post
    I disagree. Political views is a huge thing that made the X-Men so huge as they were a repressed minority, in a time of intense racial discrimination and hatred, who were treated extremely horridly by a society that they still swore to protect.

If Marvel had played it safe and kept their heads down and their lips sealed than we never would have gotten the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Here is a spoof preview put out by bleeding.com for you to chuckle at
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02...spiracy-omega/
    It's amazing how much more entertaining these spoofs are compared to the actual comic.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I disagree. Political views is a huge thing that made the X-Men so huge as they were a repressed minority, in a time of intense racial discrimination and hatred, who were treated extremely horridly by a society that they still swore to protect.

If Marvel had played it safe and kept their heads down and their lips sealed than we never would have gotten the X-Men.
    1. The X-Men should not be boiled down to nothing more than that metaphor.
    2. As has been said 1,000 times, that metaphor doesn't really make much sense since there are SOOOOO many other people with powers running around that the average person doesn't seem to think represents a genetic thread. =P
    3. There is a difference between "political" messages like "judge people on who they are, not some stereotype" (as would be the case with Mutants/Race relations) and then straight up PARTISAN messages like punchlines that boil down to "LOL conservatives!!" or "Ask me about my Feminist agenda."

Keep in mind that (A) I am a liberal and have voted Democrat in every election I've been old enough to vote in. (B) No matter how many times people like to say things like "Feminism means equality for all," in recent years, the practical application of the movement has sadly not been that cut and dry. =\ Hence, divisive, partisan, etc.

I always say, if Marvel comics was all PRO-TRUMP, and all the political messages were about reducing illegal immigration and offering stats that disprove the wage-gap theory, I don't think people around here would be so confident about politics place in super hero fiction. =) I mean, would anyone be cool with that? Seriously, I'm not asking rhetorically.
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    I always say, if Marvel comics was all PRO-TRUMP, and all the political messages were about reducing illegal immigration and offering stats that disprove the wage-gap theory, I don't think people around here would be so confident about politics place in super hero fiction. =) I mean, would anyone be cool with that? Seriously, I'm not asking rhetorically.
    Yeah, they're not going to do that. Historically, the arts have contained liberal views. That's just the way it is, and it hasn't changed yet.

If Marvel were to go all "PRO-CHUMP", I think their sales would plunge even lower.

Mild-Mannered Reporter BlitheringToot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    I'm on the opposite end of the political spectrum--very conservative, leans heavily Republican. I'm used to the political angle of comics not aligning with my own, and have generally been of the opinion that if the story is good enough, I'm willing to overlook or at the very least accept the bits I don't personally agree with.

That being said, Marvel's comics over the past couple of years have been a LOT more on-the-nose with their politics, and after a while it gets irritating. I think the moment it became obvious was the Obama issue of "Amazing Spider-Man," although it was more cheesy than outright facepalm-worthy. But, speaking as a conservative, it'd still be irritating if the shoe were on the other foot and there were a special issue of Spider-Man where he's fist-bumping Emperor Babyhands and proclaiming "Make America Great Again!" I think Ike Perlmutter is literally the only person who would happily go out and buy that comic (let me clarify: I don't particularly like Donald Trump, nor did I vote for him. I went Libertarian last time around). And the same goes for comics championing conservative issues. If you can work it into the story without coming across like a ham-fisted blowhard, go for it; if not, mayyyyybe dial it back a notch.
    "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?" – Scott Summers, 2000

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Spider-Man working with Trump?

#NotMySpider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheringToot View Post
    I'm on the opposite end of the political spectrum--very conservative, leans heavily Republican. I'm used to the political angle of comics not aligning with my own, and have generally been of the opinion that if the story is good enough, I'm willing to overlook or at the very least accept the bits I don't personally agree with.

That being said, Marvel's comics over the past couple of years have been a LOT more on-the-nose with their politics, and after a while it gets irritating. I think the moment it became obvious was the Obama issue of "Amazing Spider-Man," although it was more cheesy than outright facepalm-worthy. But, speaking as a conservative, it'd still be irritating if the shoe were on the other foot and there were a special issue of Spider-Man where he's fist-bumping Emperor Babyhands and proclaiming "Make America Great Again!" I think Ike Perlmutter is literally the only person who would happily go out and buy that comic (let me clarify: I don't particularly like Donald Trump, nor did I vote for him. I went Libertarian last time around). And the same goes for comics championing conservative issues. If you can work it into the story without coming across like a ham-fisted blowhard, go for it; if not, mayyyyybe dial it back a notch.
    pretty fair way to think about it all.

i have to say though, it would feel very weird for peter parker to start wanting to deport people.
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Spider-Man working with Trump?

#NotMySpider-Man

Hasn't been my Spider-Man since 2007.