Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lost a lot of respect for Brian and few of his artists today

You don't have to like the President. You don't have to like what a president does. But you don't encourage people to physically assault him or his staff and call them Nazis.

And once you decide it's okay to punch people whose views you find personally abhorrent or evil it can quickly become an excuse to punch anybody.

On another note, where can I go to support Dan Hogan's work because apparently he's the only person left here that understands free speech?

I don't think anyone was being encouraged to assault anyone in that column.

Yeah, Trump was being called a Nazi - and maybe that was a little bit strong - but it was one of the artists in the column, not Brian. And Trump does seem to be pushing in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    I don't think anyone was being encouraged to assault anyone in that column.

Yeah, Trump was being called a Nazi - and maybe that was a little bit strong - but it was one of the artists in the column, not Brian. And Trump does seem to be pushing in that direction.
    Brian is the ostensible editor (for lack of a better term) of that column. He should have quashed that kind of entry (ie, assaulting real live people in US government) or probably not run with the idea in the first place.

I don't see the problem. It's a picture of someone assaulting Trump, not a call to actually do it.

And it's clear that some people need to be reminded again and again that Trump is a dangerous unstable nasty man.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    I don't see the problem. It's a picture of someone assaulting Trump, not a call to actually do it.

And it's clear that some people need to be reminded again and again that Trump is a dangerous unstable nasty man.
    Every single president is considered dangerous, unstable or nasty by someone.

In fact, this evinced by today's "Foggy Ruins of Time" ("DID DADDY WARBUCKS CHOOSE DEATH OVER LIVING THROUGH ANOTHER FDR TERM?"), which details that Harold Grey so detested FDR that he killed off Daddy Warbucks when FDR was renominated for another term. A plotline that Brian considered "twisted."

So, to recap: When a cartoonist "kills off" a character in response to a president that cartoonist doesn't like (but Brian apparently admires), Brian thinks that twisted. But when a cartoonist "assaults" a president that cartoonist doesn't like (and whom Brian apparently dislikes as well), Brian thinks that's A-OK.

It's completely hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    I can't comment on that article that I haven't read, but Trump is considered those things by most people right now as far as I can tell. He's far more reviled than any president since Nixon.

On another note, where can I go to support Dan Hogan's work because apparently he's the only person left here that understands free speech?
    Brian is the ostensible editor (for lack of a better term) of that column. He should have quashed that kind of entry
    It's completely hypocritical.
    Pot meet kettle.

You don't have to like the President. You don't have to like what a president does. But you don't encourage people to physically assault him or his staff and call them Nazis.

And once you decide it's okay to punch people whose views you find personally abhorrent or evil it can quickly become an excuse to punch anybody.

true, though it's hard to feel sorry for him considering he's encouraged people to punch those who disagree with him.

i see no problem calling them nazis, free speech and all.

Then I hope nobody saw the german carnival pictures O.o

Quote Originally Posted by BushidoBlade2 View Post
    Pot meet kettle.
    There's a clear difference between choosing not to publish something on a private website and encouraging physical violence against people with whom you disagree.

There's a clear difference between choosing not to publish something on a private website and encouraging physical violence against people with whom you disagree.
    That didn't happen though.

The US military has like 1.5 million people a yearly budget of about 500 billion. Being commander in chief of that does make you kind of dangerous, I think.

You cannot make that comparasion. Just look at what people in other countries in the western world is saying about Trump. There is a very real and palpable fear over what kind of damage he will cause. Not only to the USA but to other countries both direct and indirect. Bannon just in himself is a huge concern for worry. I'm not talking from political biases here, everyone but the pro/borderline nazi political parties are scared of the kind of change Trump is bringing. In my own home country the countries we worry the most for is: russia, USA and China. In that order with ISIS a third if you would count it.

Can someone link me to whatever all this is in reference to?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Can someone link me to whatever all this is in reference to?
    http://www.cbr.com/superheroes-nazis...rby-wolverine/