THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default In continuity times when Superman has had fiction based on him?

Have there been times when Superman has had things like comics, TV, cartoons, novels, and other adaptations made of him in continuity? I know for a fact in Up Up and Away they made a sort of memorial movie for him that had fictional elements. But have there been others like this? Superboy had that animated show based on him. Anything like that in any main continuity for Superman?

Superboy also had a video game based on him if I remember correctly in the comics. Nothing really comes to mind for Superman though.

BANNED

Oh god, memories of Dana Carvey....

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Well, there was Gregory Reed back in the Silver/Bronze age, recurring as the guy who played Superman in the movies. Don't know how much they straddled the line between biopic and outright fiction.
    Buh-bye

Greg Reed's name appeared on a sign above a theater in Morrison's Action so he still exists. Don't know about the rest...

Oh, but in the pre-Flashpoint world there was a comic based on Superman that gave him an erroneous secret identity, and Impulse didn't know it was erroneous so he called him by the name in the comic, and Kal was confused. Also then Impulse proceeded to give the comic publisher the REAL SECRET IDENTITIES of EVERYONE IN YOUNG JUSTICE. Tim was not pleased.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Oh, but in the pre-Flashpoint world there was a comic based on Superman that gave him an erroneous secret identity, and Impulse didn't know it was erroneous so he called him by the name in the comic, and Kal was confused. Also then Impulse proceeded to give the comic publisher the REAL SECRET IDENTITIES of EVERYONE IN YOUNG JUSTICE. Tim was not pleased.
    There was a story in the 1940's that had Lois and Clark attending a showing of one of the Fleischer cartoons. Clark had to distract Lois at points to keep her from seeing scenes that revealed his identity. Hilariously he didn't mind anyone else in the theater seeing those scenes and no one managed to note that the guy in the cartoon was sitting in the audience.

BANNED

There's this from Superman/Batman #44.