Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Action Comics #974 preview

Action Comics #974, Lois goes over what she knows about the fake Clark, while the real Superman has a much bigger problem on his hands. Lana Lang, the newest Superwoman, is dying from her powers. And at the same time, someone is attacking one of Superman’s hidden fortresses.

Amazing Member

So that variant cover absolutely confirms that fake Clark's creep factor was 100% intentional.

BANNED

Any theories as to what Lana is seeing?

Glimpses of Superman and Lois during their time stuck in Brainiac's dome?

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Thanks Juan...still a mystery to unravel...the plot thicks....

I‘be been getting the Gary Frank variant covers..it's funny having the batmobile on the floor there...a toy of Jon's...

I quite like Clark v Superman cover this time too...

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Oh yes and what's to become of poor Lana!

It makes no sense to add Lana lang in Action Comics. Her solo comic showed the worst result about the character of the mythology of Superman. Reference clone of the history of All Star Superman that was Superman 52 and the investigation Lois about Clark Kent added hinting at something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    It makes no sense to add Lana lang in Action Comics. Her solo comic showed the worst result about the character of the mythology of Superman. Reference clone of the history of All Star Superman that was Superman 52 and the investigation Lois about Clark Kent added hinting at something.
    I don't like seeing the character in Action either, for different reasons.

I think what's happening with Lana is that because she's going through the same thing that New 52 Superman and Lois went through as they "died", she's going to give us some clues as to what's really going on with Rebirth Superman and Lois.

Incredible Member

The preview looks great, can't wait until Thursday, when I get my books!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I think I might actually be enjoying Action more than Superman at this point. The subplots are coming together quicker with more intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I think I might actually be enjoying Action more than Superman at this point. The subplots are coming together quicker with more intensity.
    I'm loving both books but I agree. The creepy Clark and SuperLex subplots have just been more intriguing. Superman lost some steam after the Frankenstein story.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

That preview was great. Story actually is moving along, it's nice to see them referencing what happened this world's Lois and Clark as a mystery again. Also, it sounds like Lana encountered new 52 Clark when she passed out. I'm gonna take a guess and say her reborn tie in issue will be her meeting with new 52 Superman and maybe Lois. I still don't think he is with Mr. Oz though, but some place else?
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 02-20-2017 at 09:06 PM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Creepy Clark is creepy. That cover just added to the creepy factor tenfold.

Anyway, I looking forward to this issue and I agree with those that have said that Action seems to be firing on all cylinders now. I really liked the SuperLex arc and this one is just as intriguing to me.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

THE STATUES CHANGED.

I don't know if that's intentional or a mistake but I'm so hoping its intentional because its not the dumb Donner versions. But Lara is clearly post-Crisis, and Jor-El looks like an amalgam. The robes look kinda post-Crisis but he looks younger like pre-Crisis/New 52 and his head isn't covered with that dumb cap. I so want to think this is intentional and a sign of time-space continuum freak outs. That Superman's history right now is kinda like a busted VHS tape. One scene looks one way then the screen flips out and when it comes back the same setting looks different.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-20-2017 at 09:32 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El