Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
I just think that the whole Daily Planet staff is getting shortchanged except for Lois. Yeah, even Jimmy. You know why characters like Steve Lombard, Ron Troupe, Franklin Stern, Cat Grant, Morgan Edge and Dirk Armstrong were viable in the first place? It's because the Superman writing and editorial team made investments into the Daily Planet's office environment. Heck, in the 70s there was an editorial edict for a while that Steve had to be a douche once per issue, and the only reason that was possible was that everyone expected there to be scenes in the Planet either way. Nowadays if there was an edict like that, the biggest problem with it would be that it means Clark has to be in the office for a few pages per issue, because these days he is usually not.

And no Planet means no Ron Troupe, no Cat Grant, no Perry White, no Steve Lombard, and significantly reduced Jimmy Olsen.
I agree. I really miss the Daily Planet stuff. I'm not saying you just make the comics about investigative journalism with very little Superman content, obviously. I just want the balance that the old stories had. I feel like someone could read every issue of Superman and Action Comics for a year and, if they had no prior knowledge of Superman, after that year have trouble remembering the name of the place where he worked and any co-workers not named Lois. The Daily Planet is an integral part of the Superman mythos.