Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    CW is the worst
    Nah, in terms of TV networks overall MTV, TLC, Lifetime & Nick are much worse in terms of severe lack of quality (though TLC & Lifetime never had any to begin with but my point still stands)

CW, like FOX, ABC, NBC, or CBS has always been and always will be a mixed bag, never really horrible or great, just somewhere in the middle of the road. :P
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Mighty Member

It's not the network it's the writers. Mark Guggenheim ran Arrow into the ground. I dropped that but Supergirl is trying to drive me off too. Kara is trying to find Winn so he can stop an explosion that will destroy 10 city blocks. But she must stop and talk about her feelings! The stupid it burns.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The biggest problem isn't the network - it's the repeats of the same stuff.

Arrow - which person that Ollie loves is going to get killed off this season? Who will he let into his confidence only to be betrayed by them....again? What lessons that he has learned in previous seasons will he forget in this one?

Flash - how will Barry stop the Evil Speedster Arc Villain of the Season? How will he be the cause of whatever terrible things his team is facing?

When the metaplot hits the same beats over and over again it becomes a problem.
    This in a nutshell lmao! I was an avid watcher until this epiphany hit
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Incredible Member

considering that Time/warner owns DC comics, I'd say that it's the right network.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    considering that Time/warner owns DC comics, I'd say that it's the right network.
    Also what the OP is failing to take into account is that FX, for example, is a platform to air Fox programming. Look at the production company for their shows. All Fox.
    While the CW is a platform to air Warner Bros. and CBS produced shows. Putting a WB produced show on FX would by like a Toyota dealership selling Ford Mustangs.
    Whether one enjoys the format of the shows or their attitude in regards to the deemed quality. I suppose HBO could be an option, as Time Warner owns both HBO
    and Warner Bros. But they would probably go for a more serious type of character than the comic book types we get on the CW. I doubt HBO would do a Flash or
    Superman type show, or an ersatz Batman show like Arrow, or even a Batman show. So for anyone wanting a comic book style show, with colorful costumed characters,
    CW is about the only option.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Agree 100 percent. The DC shows is with CW for both being under Warner Bros. so's there's that. And yeah there's way too much angst and drama, but CW knows that the teenaged demographic would relate to that. Not to mention hiring Ken and Barbie types for those roles to appease to that kind of audience but their acting would be sub par and cliched. Yet, they would try to give these actors that big push should these shows be cancelled and would try to get bigger roles afterwards but it's usually not the case. When was the last time you've heard from most of the actors from Smallville?
    Kristen Kreuk - Lana Lang: Beauty and the Beast, main role, 70 episodes.
    Michael Rosenbaum - Lex Luthor: Impastor, lead role
    Erica Durance - Lois Lane: Saving Hope, main role, 68 episodes
    Laura Vandervoort - Kara Zor-El: Bitten, main role, 43 episodes
    Justin Hartley - Green Arrow: This Is Us, main role, NBC's highest rated series
    Cassidy Freeman - Tess Mercer: Longmire, main role, 53 episodes
    John Glover, Annette O'Toole, and John Schneider were already stars.
    Really the only one whose career is in the toilet is Tom Welling

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    They completely own HBO. They could have put Green Arrow on there and made a more adult interpretation of it a la Mike Grell's Green Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    It's not the network it's the writers. Mark Guggenheim ran Arrow into the ground. I dropped that but Supergirl is trying to drive me off too. Kara is trying to find Winn so he can stop an explosion that will destroy 10 city blocks. But she must stop and talk about her feelings! The stupid it burns.
    It's because its on that network, that they do things like that. If it was on a different channel, that wouldn't be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Also what the OP is failing to take into account is that FX, for example, is a platform to air Fox programming. Look at the production company for their shows. All Fox.
    While the CW is a platform to air Warner Bros. and CBS produced shows. Putting a WB produced show on FX would by like a Toyota dealership selling Ford Mustangs.
    Whether one enjoys the format of the shows or their attitude in regards to the deemed quality. I suppose HBO could be an option, as Time Warner owns both HBO
    and Warner Bros. But they would probably go for a more serious type of character than the comic book types we get on the CW. I doubt HBO would do a Flash or
    Superman type show, or an ersatz Batman show like Arrow, or even a Batman show. So for anyone wanting a comic book style show, with colorful costumed characters,
    CW is about the only option.
    So, something like Hellblazer and Swamp Thing would make more sense for HBO? Sandman and House of Mystery? How about their Young Animal lineup? I mean, they would fit like a glove, one would say. How about AMC? Currently, they have Preacher which is from Vertigo, and they have had associations with other companies in the production of their shows such as Sony when producing Breaking Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoGamer8229 View Post
    They completely own HBO. They could have put Green Arrow on there and made a more adult interpretation of it a la Mike Grell's Green Arrow.
    Just because they could have doesn't mean they would want to. What you are failing to see in your dislike of the CW versions of the the shows is they are on the CW because the CW
    wants them on the CW. If these other networks wanted them, they would be on them. CBS was the only network that wanted a colorful superhero show until CBS didn't want it.
    Even networks that do have comic book properties go with the drab, colorless versions of comic books characters. Constantine on NBC, Gotham and Lucifer on Fox, The Walking Dead
    and Preacher on AMC, Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on ABC. So HBO, if they did do a comic book character, would likely go with something like American Vampire, Deadman or 100 Bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Just because they could have doesn't mean they would want to. What you are failing to see in your dislike of the CW versions of the the shows is they are on the CW because the CW
    wants them on the CW. If these other networks wanted them, they would be on them. CBS was the only network that wanted a colorful superhero show until CBS didn't want it.
    Even networks that do have comic book properties go with the drab, colorless versions of comic books characters. Constantine on NBC, Gotham and Lucifer on Fox, The Walking Dead
    and Preacher on AMC, Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on ABC. So HBO, if they did do a comic book character, would likely go with something like American Vampire, Deadman or 100 Bullets.
    Why are you typing like that? It's weird.

Anyway, the CW can not be the network they have to resort to. This is the network that had Dawson's Creek (when it was the WB) and is the network that has the Vampire Diaries. These shows appeal to teenage girls. They will never be any where close to the quality of shows on HBO, FX, AMC, Showtime, and even Cinemax. No matter how much they try to be better, they will never be better. Not as long as their demographic only cares about shirtless men and romances, instead of excelent storytelling and great characterization. Appealing to them is holding them back. Currently, when compared to shows on the channels I listed, the CW DC shows are mediocre at best. Well, the Flash at least. Everything else is terrible.

Incredible Member

Why are you typing like that? It's weird.

Anyway, the CW can not be the network they have to resort to. This is the network that had Dawson's Creek (when it was the WB) and is the network that has the Vampire Diaries. These shows appeal to teenage girls. They will never be any where close to the quality of shows on HBO, FX, AMC, Showtime, and even Cinemax. No matter how much they try to be better, they will never be better. Not as long as their demographic only cares about shirtless men and romances, instead of excelent storytelling and great characterization. Appealing to them is holding them back. Currently, when compared to shows on the channels I listed, the CW DC shows are mediocre at best. Well, the Flash at least. Everything else is terrible.
    The thing is.They may not have a choice,If the alternatives you suggest do not want these shows.You can dislike CW all you want but if that the end of the day they're the only one's interested thats where they going.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Nah, in terms of TV networks overall MTV, TLC, Lifetime & Nick are much worse in terms of severe lack of quality (though TLC & Lifetime never had any to begin with but my point still stands)

CW, like FOX, ABC, NBC, or CBS has always been and always will be a mixed bag, never really horrible or great, just somewhere in the middle of the road. :P
    Interesting how MTV is working to introduce its own 'Game of Thrones' with the 'The Shannara Chronicles'. I watched it all the way through, and found it entertaining. And with Manu Bennett starring in this show, it added to the intensity. The first time in years I have watched anything on MTV.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Define "adult" though, a good chunk of media aimed at "adults" is just as juvenile if not more so at times then media aimed at the teen audience that CW goes for because most humans never really mentally/emotionally mature past their teenage selves.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Define "adult" though, a good chunk of media aimed at "adults" is just as juvenile if not more so at times then media aimed at the teen audience that CW goes for because most humans never really mentally/emotionally mature past their teenage selves.
    Oh stop with that lame @$$ excuse.