Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Could The Flash sustain a second ongoing?

Flash is doing pretty well for DC since Rebirth, in no small part thanks to the success of the TV series. Could it be possible for it to get a second ongoing? If Green Lantern can have two books, I don't see why The Flash can't.

I would love to see a Speed Force book focused on the Flash family (when they eventually return), a la Tynion's Detective Comics. Having Wally plus a lot other characters could help push the book.

Definitely, with the increased number of speedsters since Rebirth and TV show this a good time for a secondary title. The idea of a Speed Force book seems popular with his fanbase too.

Spectacular Member

Definitely, this is my big hope for dc (hopefully in the next year), keep the main flash mainly about Barry and nuWally and have the second flash book about original Wally, Jay, Jesse, Max, while I would still want Barry to appear in a speed force book, id prefer if he took more of a backseat, allowing more time for the others.

I think Flash is definitely in a place where it can support a second book, and it will probably end up being a Wally solo of some kind, though a Speed Force book featuring other Speedsters alongside him would be pretty cool as well .

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I think they definitely could. I think it would be especially great if DC gave Wally his own book or made him the focus of a Speed Force/Flash Family type book. But then you're presented with the problem: who would be the family in the book? They'd have to bring back Jay (the real Jay), Jesse, Max, or Bart (the real Bart) for it to really work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Yeah, I think they definitely could. I think it would be especially great if DC gave Wally his own book or made him the focus of a Speed Force/Flash Family type book. But then you're presented with the problem: who would be the family in the book? They'd have to bring back Jay (the real Jay), Jesse, Max, or Bart (the real Bart) for it to really work.
    We know Jay is coming back with the rest of the JSA, Williamson's already teased it, and we also had teases to the Quick family (which means Jesse) and has talked about bringing back Max and Bart.

So I think we're well on our way to seeing the return of a Flash family .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Flash is definitely in a place where it can support a second book, and it will probably end up being a Wally solo of some kind, though a Speed Force book featuring other Speedsters alongside him would be pretty cool as well .
    What would you call a Wally book-- The Flash: Wally West? Not criticizing at all, I support Wally. A Speed Force book is long overdue IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    What would you call a Wally book-- The Flash: Wally West? Not criticizing at all, I support Wally. A Speed Force book is long overdue IMO.
    Sounds good to me .

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Totally in support for a Speed Force book, but they need to lay the groundwork for it first. Nearly all that characters that would feature in it are MIA.

BANNED

Maybe, but it's a risk. It may turn out that readers can only support 1 Flash book at once and the secondary title, presumably starring Wally, would end up failing. That might do more harm to the character than being relegated to team books and crossovers. So they shouldn't try doing that until Wally has reached maximum exposure during the Rebirth event.

Editor confirmed that they don't want OG Wally on main Flash book because of confusion with New 52 Wally. Also Wally and Flash are under different editorial offices, which means it's impossible to make it cohesive as a Flash family book.

Whatever they are planning seems to be the endgame for Rebirth, which means we need to wait at least another year.

It needs a 2nd book... Like all the Superman titles need to be streamlined to Superman, Action Comics and Superman Family, then a Flash Family title might be a good way of doing this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    It needs a 2nd book... Like all the Superman titles need to be streamlined to Superman, Action Comics and Superman Family, then a Flash Family title might be a good way of doing this.

Yes,the DC "families" need their own family.book,while the main "iconic" character keeps his or her own series.

Oh and I don't see how a family.type.book would fail if you brought back very popular characters and placed them all in the same book,there would be 2 many fanbases wanting the book to lose

There are several classic titles not being used like Adventure Comics & Brave & the Bold.

I'd love it, personally. Maybe a second Flash book would be great. The first one is only mediocre.