Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

When someone stops to pick you up on the side of the road when your car breaks down, you don't complain that their air conditioning doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    When someone stops to pick you up on the side of the road when your car breaks down, you don't complain that their air conditioning doesn't work.
    Too bad they were the ones who sold us the car in the first place. And it's not the first time the car broke down.

Seriously though, your post sounds like a nice way of saying "Be quiet and accept what they give you", which is pretty much what we've been told for quite a long time now. Like seriously, we've been voicing these complaints for years now, how long are we supposed to wait?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    Too bad they were the ones who sold us the car in the first place. And it's not the first time the car broke down.

Seriously though, your post sounds like a nice way of saying "Be quiet and accept what they give you", which is pretty much what we've been told for quite a long time now. Like seriously, we've been voicing these complaints for years now, how long are we supposed to wait?
    And those complaints are what got you NuWally to begin with, instead of just having no Kid Flash at all. Recognize that companies like DC are trying to be more inclusive without losing sales. But yes, you are supposed to wait quite a bit longer - it's going to take time to fix this complicated mess.

I'm not saying someone can't send DC a letter and say "Hey guys, we really appreciate your efforts, and I look forward to seeing Wally transform into a more heroic figure. In the future, if there's some way to give him qualities that are less in line with..." etc. Just don't automatically discount their efforts because they stumble along the way.

As for the metaphor, no, the people who pick you up didn't sell you the car. It's really hard to be an ally when the people you are trying to give a hand to spit on it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    "Progress"

Yeah, he's just like us. We should be thankful for the "representation".
    Ugh....I hate that little s**t. We have him but no milestone? Hell, blood syndicate does what he does way better then he did!

BANNED

And those complaints are what got you NuWally to begin with, instead of just having no Kid Flash at all. Recognize that companies like DC are trying to be more inclusive without losing sales. But yes, you are supposed to wait quite a bit longer - it's going to take time to fix this complicated mess.

I'm not saying someone can't send DC a letter and say "Hey guys, we really appreciate your efforts, and I look forward to seeing Wally transform into a more heroic figure. In the future, if there's some way to give him qualities that are less in line with..." etc. Just don't automatically discount their efforts because they stumble along the way.

As for the metaphor, no, the people who pick you up didn't sell you the car. It's really hard to be an ally when the people you are trying to give a hand to spit on it.
    Uh, what exactly is wrong is younger Wally West right NOW?

I've read about four issues with him so far, and there's nothing that annoying about him, other than being very eager to please the Flash.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Uh, what exactly is wrong is younger Wally West right NOW?

I've read about four issues with him so far, and there's nothing that annoying about him, other than being very eager to please the Flash.
    How about the fact that he could be Bart?

Incredible Member

I didn't really read much of the New 52 Flash where Wally first appeared so I had no pre-existing bias against him. I really like the character in Teen Titans and Flash:Rebirth. I see nothing wrong with him.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    How about the fact that he could be Bart?
    But he's not Bart. You'd have to really change Bart's personality and history to make him into the kind of Kid Flash Wally II is right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But he's not Bart. You'd have to really change Bart's personality and history to make him into the kind of Kid Flash Wally II is right now.
    I mean they could replace him with Bart and he better off

Extraordinary Member

There are a few things wrong there because, frankly, they're the ones who created this complicated mess. Nobody asked them to reboot. Nobody asked them to erase a beloved character from DC continuity and then replace him. For the record, I have nothing against NuWally now that we have the original Wally back. The guy who was a founding Titan and became Flash after Barry's death and was married to Linda Park and served on the JLA alongside Superman and the rest. However, it doesn't change the fact that DC has royally screwed up.

They had a fully formed universe, with a rich roster of interesting and diverse characters, many of whom were fan favorites and had been on some of the most important teams in the DCU...and they threw it away for what ended up being a not so successful experiment. So, yes, I think fans are entitled to be a little frustrated with that when DC gives them "replacements" that don't nearly make up for what was lost. And maybe, more people should attempt to understand and listen to the people with those concerns, and not patronize and talk down to them.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 02-19-2017 at 04:24 PM.

I mean they could replace him with Bart and he better off
    I don't think replacing Wally II with the real Bart would work with the story Williamson is telling.

I don't think that's how he'd use Bart.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Nobody likes him, and we have the real deal, so why not kill him off and bring back Bart? Heck, Chunk would be more welcome.

#notmykidflash
    Because not every comic fan is jerky or racist. I like NuWally just fine, he's basically his own character at this point, even if he does share a name with Ginger Wally.

Also your user name is horrible, even if it is meant to be ironic.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

We asked for the minority characters DC already had in their stable, not another Wally West. We already had a Wally West and he was the one people wanted. They basically made another problem entirely when they could have just brought OG Wally back and the other characters people actually wanted to come back. I don't want to pull the Marvel card but...they seems to be doing just fine on the inclusivity front as well as the sales front and they still remain DC's biggest competitor. Some of us have grown incredibly tired of waiting. It's not even complicated. Just do right by the characters and give them a chance. There is nothing stopping them from even doing Mini Stories to start them out if they don't want to invest in a solo.

It's not hard being an ally, like, at all. Listening and understanding is all it takes. Telling us "we'll get to you when we get to you" isn't exactly what we want to hear after years upon years of waiting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Because not every comic fan is jerky or racist. I like NuWally just fine, he's basically his own character at this point, even if he does share a name with Ginger Wally.

Also your user name is horrible, even if it is meant to be ironic.
    I'm so racist that I love icon. A regular klansman am I.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    We asked for the minority characters DC already had in their stable, not another Wally West. We already had a Wally West and he was the one people wanted. They basically made another problem entirely when they could have just brought OG Wally back and the other characters people actually wanted to come back. I don't want to pull the Marvel card but...they seems to be doing just fine on the inclusivity front as well as the sales front and they still remain DC's biggest competitor. Some of us have grown incredibly tired of waiting. It's not even complicated. Just do right by the characters and give them a chance. There is nothing stopping them from even doing Mini Stories to start them out if they don't want to invest in a solo.

It's not hard being an ally, like, at all. Listening and understanding is all it takes. Telling us "we'll get to you when we get to you" isn't exactly what we want to hear after years upon years of waiting.
    Some of us has asked for, IMO, most of DC previous selection of minority characters have been relatively subpar. Their saving grace has been essentially milestone. Their powers are usually generic to underpowered, they very rarely do anything major in events or appear in events at all, they were rarely given solo books (hence the huge appear of the original new52 release that happen to had the first major push in diversity before DC squander that horribly with mistreatment in many different forms), and more and more.
    So it's not like DC was picture perfect before new52 came out to begin with, essentially they were pretty bad to begin with, again hence the appeal of the new52.

I'd take wally west, who at least has a greater chance of success due to being attached to a legacy like the flash, over many of the original OG DC minority heroes any day, as we all known that heroes like Black Lightning would never been seen headlining a event or have a long lasting book as most dc fans will give lip service interest in a solo series until the actual series comes out, then it will cancel in like 6 issues, in comparison to Miles Morales has in Civil War, guest starring everywhere, regularly shown on television shows, has his own animated movie coming out, etc. NuWally, however, may have a better chance.
    Last edited by leo619; 02-19-2017 at 04:26 PM.