Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Why does NuWally still exist?

Nobody likes him, and we have the real deal, so why not kill him off and bring back Bart? Heck, Chunk would be more welcome.

#notmykidflash

The TV show is the reason why. You could still bring back Bart (not Bar-torr), he can go by Impulse or something else.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Even though I think he's redundant and never should have existed, just killing him off now would leave a bad taste in my mouth. I remember him getting that premonition of dying saving the Flash, I guess that's a noble way to go out, but whether he lives or dies, I think he has to do something different than just living a pale reflection of Kid Flash's early years.

I like him...and I think he's serving the Kid Flash role well in Teen Titans and The Flash.

Now that we have OG Wally back I don't think we need to get rid of him, and between Williamson and Percy I think writers are getting a good handle on him.

Now what Wally West is back, I don't mind NuWally as Kid Flash. Let him stay and see what happens. Maybe they can make a star out of him. You never know.

Because killing adds nothing while hurts TT, Flash.

Also, that's some prime flame bait material there.
    Last edited by RedKnight00; 02-19-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Because although DC has made their books better through Rebirth, they're still stubborn when it comes to certain things. This being one of them.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

If they get rid of him, you know what will happen in today's politicial climate.

Best option right now is to change boy's name.

BANNED

I agree that it's best to just keep him around for now so readers don't get upset. This is a positive time for DC, we don't need the controversy. I don't think they need 2 Wally Wests, and I wish Ginger Wally could appear in the main Flash book as much as this new one. But he's not terrible, he's not annoying like his early appearances or frustratingly useless like Duke in the Batman books, and as long as Ginger Wally is treated well there's not much point complaining about him.

If he catches on, good for him. If he doesn't, theyll get rid of him. It's a win win situation.

He's frustratingly redundant like Duke honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    If they get rid of him, you know what will happen in today's politicial climate.

Best option right now is to change boy's name.
    I agree that the best course of action would be changing NuWally's name. I personally don't care for the character but apparently he has his own fanbase now so getting rid of him now would only cause problems.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I agree that the best course of action would be changing NuWally's name. I personally don't care for the character but apparently he has his own fanbase now so getting rid of him now would only cause problems.
    That would be best. Maybe have him go by his middle name whatever that is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I think they're holding off on changing Nu Wally's name because if the TV show. They probably thing it would confuse people if his name was Wally West on TV and something else in the comics. I don't know how they'll work that out, we might have to wait a while.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Because although DC has made their books better through Rebirth, they're still stubborn when it comes to certain things. This being one of them.
    Or, alternately, although DC has had to backslide on their progress a little bit through Rebirth to pull some money out of the hands of some fans with ridiculous expectations, thankfully they are holding steady with moving away from a storytelling environment where all of their heroic characters are white and straight.

No NuWally bashing!!!!......

Wait.... wrong thread
    I have no beef with Vegans