Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Grey Hulk with spikes.
    That's like calling Cap Marvel "Red Superman with lightning" or Batman "The Shadow in tights."

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    . . . or Batman "The Shadow in tights."
    Nah. Shadow had different tights.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

And there was already a grey Hulk and eventually a red Superman with lightning.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The May Supergirl solicit indicates that they're rolling with the New 52 update of Xa-Du, as he's still called the Phantom King, and I'm glad for that as he's the coolest revamp of all the Superman villains.

Honestly, outside of Cyborg Superman and Ultra-Humanite I'm having a hard time recalling many others who were that drastically different anyway.
    I liked Metallo or Metal-Zero.

Zod. Hm. I like Johns' take best, with Zod as a Black Adam type. But I like the basic New 52 costume, which it looks we'll be keeping a streamlined version of.

Some of the new villains worked for me. Mostly the Morrison ones.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm still of the opinion Super Doom shouldn't be used ever again. His entire presence and existence was based on a meta-commentary. With the point made, he's pretty useless and no better than the actual Doomsday.
    I think it depends on whether you can add to the meta-commentary. The same for the 90s villain Savior. Heck, a Savior/Superdoom story might be fun. Or one with Gog and/or Magog. All those characters play with the same ideas. Manchester Black does as well.

Incredible Member

Now that I think about it:

Savior returns as a worshipper of Superdoom. Gog and Magog plot a counter strike. It could basically be like what would happen is two Galactuses each with their own herald stage a fight on earth with Superman in the middle.

Not even sure how H'el is going to have any connection to Superdad if he returns. Also Ulysses doesnt have any connection to Superdad.