Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I have to admit I would love for DC to expand Barbara's overall character by letting her leave the mantel and let the Batgirl name be a more a legacy name, than a name connected to her.
    I've been wanting her to get her own mantel for ages that serves not only the character but also her history somehow similar to Nightwing etc

Spectacular Member

Babs has only been Batgirl to me in BTAS, otherwise she's always been Oracle. There's a lot of her current stint as Batgirl that just feels off. Her costume, her maturity, her age. In my ideal world , Babs is still Oracle to the BoP, a mentor to the young heros and Steph would still have the mantle of Batgirl. Maybe the current direction will grow on me.

I like her. She's more like modern and current and fun to read.

Quote Originally Posted by RedQueen View Post
    I've been wanting her to get her own mantel for ages that serves not only the character but also her history somehow similar to Nightwing etc
    Night Librarian? Nocturnal Congresswoman?

Extraordinary Member

Batgirl was imo her own Mantle, she was never a Sidekick like Robin and was allready an adult when she became Batgirl, so she didn't really had to graduate.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Batgirl was imo her own Mantle, she was never a Sidekick like Robin and was allready an adult when she became Batgirl, so she didn't really had to graduate.
    Yes.
    And with her relationships with Nightwing, Batman, and her father, she offers the richest, most complicated, and emotionally powerful storytelling possibilities in the Bat universe.
    As Batgirl.

Extraordinary Member

I thought she was building her brand, I kinda dropped Batgirl after the first season but i did like the way it ended,

her own contacts
    resources
    Mentoring Young fem vigilantes of Gotham

All while being a grad student