Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I assume sales of Wasp, Nova and Gwenpool aren't good?

Which means, the next soft launch will be back to the usual crap, yay. And Venom? How is that getting good sales? It's boring so far.

Shame to see the new 'Hulk' series going down fast. I know its divided the She-Hulk fandom, but I for one enjoy it. Must say I am presently surprised how popular Old Man Logan is. I honestly was not sure how long it would last when it started, so its nice to see its here for a while longer.

Gwenpool has lasted longer then I thought so if its cancelled then at least it had a good run, although is its numbers really that bad? And while Hellcat is one of my favorite comics I do get the feeling its end may come soon... though I really hope not.
    Last edited by Valamist; 02-20-2017 at 10:19 AM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If you throw out #1's, star wars, and events... top 15 books at Marvel sales wise are

1. Amazing Spider-Man
    2. Venom
    3. Unworthy Thor
    4. Spider-Man (miles)
    5. Mighty Thor
    6. Spider-Man/Deadpool
    7. OML
    8. Avengers
    9. Invinsible Iron Man
    10. Steve Rogers
    11. Deadpool
    12. Doctor Strange
    13. Uncanny X-Men
    14. Black Panther
    15. EXM

(left off double ships just to focus on the different books)
    You left out RYV which would drop EXM out of that list
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by HAWKEYE-321 View Post
    You forgot Amazing Spider-Man: RYV, it should be #14, unless you're leaving out AU books.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    You left out RYV which would drop EXM out of that list
    Ooopsie

I think my brain saw it and went "event" and moved on lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I assume sales of Wasp, Nova and Gwenpool aren't good?

I think that would be correct.

Marvel seriously over estimated Gwenpool's popularity.

Actually... no.

Captain Marvel #1 in Jan 2016 opened at 52,972 (before overshipping was so common)

The Mighty Captain Marvel #1, after a year long push by Marvel, including being front and center of a Bendis event... 48,519

They haven't been able to get her to click. IDK what more than can actually do other than wait until Infinity War movie and/or throw Bendis or Aaron or someone like that on teh book.
    My thoughts exactly.

IDK... they are gonna get two trades worth of 20k ish sales. can do a lot worse (*coughGLAcough*) lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

Marvel will continue the Gwenpool experiment for the next decade until she connects
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

It does get praise and we still haven't gotten the 2nd trade sales out so we will see.

Plus, Unstoppable got a 2nd Printing so that may help.
    Nova getting few sales makes me mad since everyone was complaining about Rich and they no showed.

So, everything that doesn't have Thor in the title or is anchored by events and gimmicks is crashing and burning.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

Actually... no.

Captain Marvel #1 in Jan 2016 opened at 52,972 (before overshipping was so common)

The Mighty Captain Marvel #1, after a year long push by Marvel, including being front and center of a Bendis event... 48,519

They haven't been able to get her to click. IDK what more than can actually do other than wait until Infinity War movie and/or throw Bendis or Aaron or someone like that on teh book.
    I wonder if the numbers on Mighty would have been higher if Carol was on the other side of CWII. She may be more well-known now, but I do fear some readers will see her more as unlikable/a villain thanks to the event.

I love what Stohl seems to be doing with the book so far... but there is a part of me which would love to see a Carol written under Aaron! Much more so then Bendis...
    Last edited by Valamist; 02-20-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    So, everything that doesn't have Thor in the title or is anchored by events and gimmicks is crashing and burning.
    So basically, Status Quo in time for Infinity, then again, we knew that was happening anyways but it would Marvel taking less risks as well.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Mosaic #4: 11k.

Holy crap....
    Yeah, it's a real shame. The book is solid and the author's interviews about the character fascinate me. I think he has potential to be a great character if people gave the book a chance.

And those store owners are obviously having serious recall bias because

Share of Dollars

Marvel 37.09%

DC 28.93%

we know for a fact that Marvel is selling better than DC lol. Its right there.
    I suspect they're recalling something quite different - the number of DC books sold to consumers is higher. That's probably correct because those books are cheaper. It's also a bit shortsighted, of course, since it doesn't even help their bottom line if they have to sell more books to make the same money. But I also don't think it's a bias at all so much as just a skewed perspective based on what's actually happening.

Yeah I mean... yikes.

It is a good book too. It is a shame.

And it supposedly has another arc coming so... wowza. They must be making enough off digital to keep it alive or something.
    I think it's clear that Marvel is OK operating the book at minimal profit with the hopes that it can pick up an audience. They're doing exactly what people claim they want - creating a character of color who is new and not a legacy character. They pushed him in a marketing campaign prior to his first appearance, had him debut in another book (as a tie-in to an event), gave free copies to stores, etc. Sadly, it doesn't look like many people have even given him a chance.

Unstoppable Wasp debuts at a much lower number than even Hellcat which has awful sales. This is the best news I got today.
    I don't get this mindset that is rooting for a book to fail that some people like. It just feels vindictive.

Why are the sales for Ms. Marvel low now? I thought ti was doing well?
    Keep in mind that there are other avenues of sale besides the direct market. Ms. Marvel has always done better in digital and trade.

Moongirl doing as awful as ever.
    Same point as above.

Honestly, Jason Aaron on the book isn't a bad idea. I know Marvel wants a prominent female writer to have it for a combination of reasons (one, the publicity but two, they want more female writers writing books for them). But I also wonder if the book just needs lower expectations.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Thanos 3 sold 36,643 copies. Is that good for a villain title?
    Ultimates2 3 sold 24,369 copies. Will it last 12 issues?

Everyone needs to stop treating diamonds single issue wholesale sales like they're the alpha and the omega.

They make up only 37% of comic book sales. (Based on gross sales by dollars, using 2015 numbers.)