Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Actually... no.

Captain Marvel #1 in Jan 2016 opened at 52,972 (before overshipping was so common)

The Mighty Captain Marvel #1, after a year long push by Marvel, including being front and center of a Bendis event... 48,519

They haven't been able to get her to click. IDK what more than can actually do other than wait until Infinity War movie and/or throw Bendis or Aaron or someone like that on teh book.
    Mighty Captain Marvel #1 is in between Superman #14 and Flash #15 sales so estimate 3-5K units overshipped. If we go by 10% then ~4.4K (48,519 * 10% / 110%) overshipped.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    If anyone gets a book over Janet Van Dyne they will always get doomed to cancellation by Captain M
    No I obviously want all books to fail regardless of who writes and draws it and which characters are in it.

lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I don't get this mindset that is rooting for a book to fail that some people like. It just feels vindictive.
    I wouldn't expect a Daredevil fan to understand.

If it's gonna make you feel better I have never actually wished a book to disappear before. Not in a hateful, personal way.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    In before Ant-Man and the Wasp might help...

No it won't. Unless someone else heads the ship but til then, Unstoppable is the Wasp book.
    Ant-Man and the Wasp (or, more accurately, the movie Wasp) is probably the reason we got Nadia.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I wouldn't expect a Daredevil fan to understand.
    I guess I can be blind like that.

If it's gonna make you feel better I have never actually wished a book to disappear before. Not in a hateful, personal way.
    Not really, no.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Once DC starts bringing their price back up to the industry norm, their sales will crater. If their books were $3.99, their orders would be lower than what they are now so you can't say "Well, if the price wasn't lower, they'd be even with/higher than Marvel." Most of the reason their titles are selling now is because they're so cheap. Once they stop being cheap, a lot of readers will jump ship.

Lowering the price on their books is one of the dumber strategies from DC. They sucker people in with promises to "hold the line" on dirt cheap books - promises that they know they can't afford to stick to indefinitely - just to get a short term advantage on the competition and then when that cover price eventually goes back up, a good chunk of those readers just walk away.
    I don't think they are going to move up in price any time soon. The price cuts seems to go with the bi-monthly approach with books like All-Star Batman with a $5 price tag is selling nicely along with the $4 event books like Justice League/ Suicide Squad. I see DC keeping the $2.99 price on it's bi-monthly books and the higher price on the once a month and events books for a while.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

BANNED

Sales for some of those solo books spinning out of the Guardians, Inhumans and Deadpool franchises are tragic. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Incredible even with bad stories and all the mess involving another plot extinction and the Inhumans I'm surprised the X-men get a top 15 with so many releases and new characters and comics by marvel.

And Ressurection is coming.
    The X-Books are proving incredibly consistent with all 5 books maintaining numbers well above cancellation levels. In fact it's the strongest MU "franchise" when you average sales, although the low number of books helps vs Avengers or Spiderverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    I don't think they are going to move up in price any time soon. The price cuts seems to go with the bi-monthly approach with books like All-Star Batman with a $5 price tag is selling nicely along with the $4 event books like Justice League/ Suicide Squad. I see DC keeping the $2.99 price on it's bi-monthly books and the higher price on the once a month and events books for a while.
    They literally just moved up there monthly titles

what gives you confidence they are going to hold the line on the bi monthlies?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

We know Rocket is already switching teams and I Am Groot is coming, Gamora seems is a mini but aside from Rocket Raccon by Young, seems all the solo books have missed.

Oh right Humpries Starlord.

Also, yeah the Inhumans line kinda flopped sans Ms. Marvel and Soule Inhumans. No wonder the line is getting trimmed.

We know Rocket is already switching teams and I Am Groot is coming, Gamora seems is a mini but aside from Rocket Raccon by Young, seems all the solo books have missed.

Oh right Humpries Starlord.

Also, yeah the Inhumans line kinda flopped sans Ms. Marvel and Soule Inhumans. No wonder the line is getting trimmed.

I may be wrong, but the recent history inhuman line was UIH, ANI, Ms Marvel, and Karnak (which was always a mini), and Mosaic. But ANI ended well before Mosaic started and Karnak was supposed ot end well before Mosaic.

after IvX, we are getting Royals, Black Bolt, Ms. Marvel, Secret Warriors, and Mosaic is seemingly getting another trade.

so.... ???? watcha mean man?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Just wait till the TV Show when we'll be getting:

- Crystal
    - Gorgon
    - Karnak vol.2
    - Medusa
    - That Guy Who was CGI-heavy so He Was in Only 2 Episodes

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Did people really just buy U.S Avengers for the variants and jumped ship once the second issue came out? That's a a terrible drop.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Did people really just buy U.S Avengers for the variants and jumped ship once the second issue came out? That's a a terrible drop.
    Those figures aren't sales but the number of copies ordered by the comic stores. And there was insane requirements to BE able to order those variants so I guess some went overboard.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I may be wrong, but the recent history inhuman line was UIH, ANI, Ms Marvel, and Karnak (which was always a mini), and Mosaic. But ANI ended well before Mosaic started and Karnak was supposed ot end well before Mosaic.

after IvX, we are getting Royals, Black Bolt, Ms. Marvel, Secret Warriors, and Mosaic is seemingly getting another trade.

so.... ???? watcha mean man?
    It looks like the line getting smaller but relooking at it with MG, Ms Marvel and Mosaic, I guess I was wrong, it does seem smaller compared to the X Relaunch

It looks like the line getting smaller but relooking at it with MG, Ms Marvel and Mosaic, I guess I was wrong, it does seem smaller compared to the X Relaunch
    Well X men have a much deeper and steady line than the inhumans.

this is like the first real push the Inhumans have ever gotten

of course the X line is bigger lol

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    I agree they aren't changing it any time soon but that's because they just changed it - they were $3 across the board for awhile. Now they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Sales for some of those solo books spinning out of the Guardians, Inhumans and Deadpool franchises are tragic. Yikes.
    What solo books spinning out of Inhumans? The only one is Karnak and he didn't have a January issue (I'm sure his February issue will be terrible, though, given the awful delays).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?