Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

I'm still surprised that Aaron's Strange sells as well as it does, but I guess I should know by now how name recognition and notoriety help sell a book. The opposite is probably true for Amazing Spider-Man in comparing it's sales to Slott's other books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Just wait till the TV Show when we'll be getting:

- Crystal
    - Gorgon
    - Karnak vol.2
    - Medusa
    - That Guy Who was CGI-heavy so He Was in Only 2 Episodes
    I'd take a Crystal solo (preferably with her hair grown back to it's classic length)...

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    this is so confusing.

you say you are confident they will hold the line

despite just recently increasing the price of some titles

and then you say "will stay for awhile"

so you are agreeing it will likely change in the future?
    Yes....

The bi monthly's like Bat Man, Wonder Woman, ext are going to stay (or awhile at lest) at the 2.99 price. The Monthly books are moving up to 3.99 but with a digital code (taking a page out of Marvel's book) This softens the blow to the higher price.

The prices will eventual go up (may be in 2 years time of slightly longer) but will be done in stages. Their most popular titles staying 2.99 and bi-monthly the longest.

Also DC has kept all of its digit comics at 2.99

I don't think that either Marvel or DC comics are "failing" or heading in the wrong way. I also don't see one as dominating the other either
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 02-20-2017 at 01:45 PM.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm still surprised that Aaron's Strange sells as well as it does, but I guess I should know by now how name recognition and notoriety help sell a book. The opposite is probably true for Amazing Spider-Man in comparing it's sales to Slott's other books.
    What is Aaron notorious for?

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Speaking of big drops, what's going on with Champions?

300k+ start and 4 issues in and its at 35k.

Is the book not up to par?
    issue 2 was only at 49K. first issue was one of those abberations.

But still, the drop from 49K to 35K is still rather fast for 3 issues.

I stopped reading the book. THere is no real "villain" yet or anything. It bounces from social issue to social issue which... im bored of it already. But I don't read comics for commentary on Sheriff Joe personally lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    What is Aaron notorious for?
    I meant notoriety as in being a notable comic writer, though there's probably a few things he's notorious for as a writer .

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    It's a bad book IMO. Waid has been quite overt with his politics in Champions, and I suspect quite a few people aren't really in the mood for politics in their comic books right now.
    I dropped it for the same reason after reading issue #3 They invaded, played hero and then they left.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I'm still surprised that Aaron's Strange sells as well as it does, but I guess I should know by now how name recognition and notoriety help sell a book.
    He has obviously found something people like in depowering Strange (again).

Dude knows how to sell comics... Unworthy Thor, Mighty Thor, DS... he might be the most consistent dude at Marvel right now. Even more so than bendis
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Dude knows how to sell comics... Unworthy Thor, Mighty Thor, DS... he might be the most consistent dude at Marvel right now. Even more so than bendis
    Plus, he wrote Original Sin which I kinda like. One of the better events for Marvel in the 2010s.

Curious to see what might happen when he leaves the book and another writer does a relatively more "classic' take on Strange.

If Marvel will even allow that...

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

- That Guy Who was CGI-heavy so He Was in Only 2 Episodes
    Lockjaw's getting a book? Count me in!
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Niffleheim

Curious to see what might happen when he leaves the book and another writer does a relatively more "classic' take on Strange.

If Marvel will even allow that...

If Aaron leaves Doctor Strange it will definitely tank. He makes this niche cooky characters palatable to new readers.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Plus, he wrote Original Sin which I kinda like. One of the better events for Marvel in the 2010s.
    Marvel events seems more like they have to be blockbusters and Original Sin was more like an Independent movie. It was eventful to The Thor franchise but it wasn't an event to the MU
    Last edited by Tofali; 02-20-2017 at 01:41 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm honestly kind of surprised he hasn't yet .

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    If Aaron leaves Doctor Strange it will definitely tank. He makes this niche cooky characters palatable to new readers.
    I don't know if we can really call Strange "niche cooky" after his movie now, though.

issue 2 was only at 49K. first issue was one of those abberations.

But still, the drop from 49K to 35K is still rather fast for 3 issues.

I stopped reading the book. THere is no real "villain" yet or anything. It bounces from social issue to social issue which... im bored of it already. But I don't read comics for commentary on Sheriff Joe personally lol
    Champions #3 was overshipped. Based on dollar rankings, I'd estimate by at least ~8K units. Champions #4 overshipped by at least ~4K units.

Given the announcement regarding change in the digital copy program was made in January and the affected issues coming out February/March, I'm quite curious how sales would look like in the next couple months.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm not sure if they'll do Lockjaw in the show to be honest.

Niffleheim

I'm honestly kind of surprised he hasn't yet .

I don't know if we can really call Strange "niche cooky" after his movie now, though.
    Definitely "niche kooky" and c'mon any mcu movie seem to be teflon to failure at the moment. Case and point why GOTG always have writers with following attached to them.

I'm not sure if they'll do Lockjaw in the show to be honest.
    Pet Avengers needs to come back