Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

it is almost given that sometime or other peter is going into the RYV alternate reality like he visited the ultimate one.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    it is almost given that sometime or other peter is going into the RYV alternate reality like he visited the ultimate one.
    Maybe we'll get another Mephisto reference...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Clone Conspiracy was the main book for the event.
    But a lot of retailers couldn't figure that out and treated it as a side book to ASM, rather than the main event.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I'd be shocked if there wasn't a crossover between ASM and RYV sometime this year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    But a lot of retailers couldn't figure that out and treated it as a side book to ASM, rather than the main event.
    Really? You're not giving the retailers much credit here. Especially after Slott begged the retailers to order more Clonespiracy before #1 even came out.

Do'ya think the reader interest just simply wasn't there for this event?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Really? You're not giving the retailers much credit here. Especially after Slott begged the retailers to order more Clonespiracy before #1 even came out.

Do'ya think the reader interest just simply wasn't there for this event?
    I can forgive retailers for being confused. Marvel were effectively telling people that the Clone Conspiracy title was going to be what ASM usually is, while ASM was going to become a spin-off of what ASM usually is. Pretty silly way of going about things.

I think the better way to do it would have been to run Clone Conspiracy through ASM like they did with Spider-Verse, and then have the subplots explored in a miniseries or in .1 issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    I can forgive retailers for being confused. Marvel were effectively telling people that the Clone Conspiracy title was going to be what ASM usually is, while ASM was going to become a spin-off of what ASM usually is. Pretty silly way of going about things.

I think the better way to do it would have been to run Clone Conspiracy through ASM like they did with Spider-Verse, and then have the subplots explored in a miniseries or in .1 issues.
    Don't see how anyone could've been confused, much less retailers. This story was hyped for a year before coming out.

Even discounting the 10% overship, I think interest in the storyline was tepid at best. ASM, being the Marvel flagship title, will always sell a respectable amount regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oof. Doesn't look as good for Renew Your Vows then .
    Well, in a worse case-scenario, at least it got a second chance. Not very many random arc stories do.

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

yeah My local shop is different. they treat any mini with "Amazing Spider-man" in the title as apart of the main ASM title for pull lists.
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post

I think they'll do something like that for the next ASM event.

That's a possible response in the beginning, but wouldn't retailers know better several months in?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oof. Doesn't look as good for Renew Your Vows then .
    It's Marvel's Top 25 title in terms of dollar sales. Also ranks pretty high on comiXology Best Sellers compared to other Marvel titles. With so many others dipping below 30K and some even 20K, I think this one's probably safe for now.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

I haven't been keeping up in the MU much, but I am reading ASM. Does anyone know if/when Slott's ASM is supposed to end?
    Pulling:
    Batman, Detective Comics, The Sentry, Mister Miracle, Venom

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thefiresky View Post
    I haven't been keeping up in the MU much, but I am reading ASM. Does anyone know if/when Slott's ASM is supposed to end?
    My theory is around 2027 or so, after the ASM Vol. 14 relaunch, where Slott has made Peter a spider-herald of Galactus.

Comics Beat tells us that the overships are not counted in Diamonds numbers. So we would add ten percent to these to show what was shipped. Meaning these numbers are closer to what could be considered accurate for what stores ordered.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/marel-over...10-in-january/