Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Default First Rebirth Title To Be Canceled?

Well, the January sales numbers just came out and it looks as if NEW SUPER MAN, CYBORG & BLUE BEETLE have fallen into the danger zone. Do you think any of these are headed for cancellation soon? What Rebirth title do you think will be the first to go?

Cancel Action Comics at 998. Watch chaos reign.

DC seems to have a history of letting even low-sellers continue unabated for a while, look how long Dr. Fate and Earth-2 lasted, so I don't think we're due for any immediate cancellations with those titles especially since they star notable minority leads.

Cyborg might just be due for the Carol Danvers treatment of multiple relaunches...

Like Frontier said I wouldn't be surprised if cyborg is relaunched with a new direction, and although New Super-man seems like an obvious pick for cancellation,but all the superman books seem to tie in into rebirth and a have a large overarching story. Once that is done, I reckon cancellation will be on the horizon.

Justice League.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

So sadly, I reckon blue beetle will be cancelled first unless YJ season 3 boosts its sales, but that is a long way away.

I reckon they wanted a conclusive ended for earth 2, after the long original series, world end and society and that's why it was prolonged for so long for the fans. No idea why Doctor Fate continued with poor sales, although I never read it past #1.

I hope they introduce an Aqua-Man,Green-lantern or Cyborg( I need a cool mecha cyborg with a more classic design and white colour scheme for this btw) to the Justice League of China before it is cancelled, as I reckon those characters have good crossover portential eg. Batman and Bat-man of China team up.

Also lee stone, they should cancel justice league just before the movies and not relaunch it.

The book already addressed the lack of Aqua-Man. So don't expect that to be added. I wouldn't expect Green-Lantern either, due to the colour coded suits. Green is already being used by Wonder-Woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    Like Frontier said I wouldn't be surprised if cyborg is relaunched with a new direction, and although New Super-man seems like an obvious pick for cancellation,but all the superman books seem to tie in into rebirth and a have a large overarching story. Once that is done, I reckon cancellation will be on the horizon.
    Once they get a couple more members (they're already about to add a Flash), New Super-Man could always become Justice League of China, or JLC?

I feel like there's good chance New Super-Man will lead into a Justice League of China book to take it's place.

I think all those books should get a different approach. Try something more radical, less superhero and more character devolpment. Give them to a great young writer and let them go as they wish. I mean, it worked for b and c-listers like Vision, Hawkeye, Omega Men and Midnighter. If it goes bad, who cares? But if it works, you can get one of the finest books of the last five years.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Remember, the "numbers" from Diamond no longer have quite the same value as they use to since DC also has to consider any digital purchases (which Diamond doesn't do) and DC has been offering a lot more tpb collections, even for titles without the major stars, than they use to offer prior to the New52.
    Even with all that, DC sometimes ends titles that have reasonable sales numbers because of changes in direction, etc., while some books with low numbers have lasted a lot longer than the numbers would appear to justify.
    So, essentially . . . who knows what DC will do and when they'll do anything?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Justice League.
    That would be an eye opener.

Blue Beetle was dead on arrival. They needed fresh blood and a unique voice. Instead we got two veterans in Kolins and Giffen, both of whom I love, but probably wasn't the best team for a comic character that has the potential to be DC's Ms. Marvel.

On an unrelated note, Gene Luen Yang is knocking it out of the park with New Super Man (That last page reveal in the latest issue literally made me scream, I was that surprised) , but he really should be on a higher profile title. Put him on Justice League, his character interactions are pitch perfect. Keep Hitch as an artist, you get DC's best Justice League book in years.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Remember, the "numbers" from Diamond no longer have quite the same value as they use to since DC also has to consider any digital purchases (which Diamond doesn't do) and DC has been offering a lot more tpb collections, even for titles without the major stars, than they use to offer prior to the New52.
    Even with all that, DC sometimes ends titles that have reasonable sales numbers because of changes in direction, etc., while some books with low numbers have lasted a lot longer than the numbers would appear to justify.
    So, essentially . . . who knows what DC will do and when they'll do anything?
    I agree.
    Some books may just get to keep going to complete a trade, some may get to keep going because of digital...

Matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if DC's using digital sales to determine which books are worth keeping going long enough for trades, which would reach a bigger market in bookstores. Especially since digital and bookstores cater more towards readers, while comic shops cater more to collectors.
    So if Book A is consistently outselling Book B in digital, and Book B is a big seller in print while Book A is floundering... it may be worth keeping Book A going long enough to be marketed as a trade in the bookstores.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Justice League.
    At this point I wouldn't care if was canceled.

I guess Blue Beetle will be the first, at NSM seems like it has a plan and a place in the universe. And I hear better things about it.

BANNED

You think ppl just don't want Reyes?