Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Jeez, Bendis is still going on about how Riri is the best? I really can't wait for someone else to clean that mess up. It's nice to see Aaron finally leave Doctor Strange but to little to late, maybe it will relaunch post Secret Empire and just kinda forget about all that crap.

Let's see...I'll be down to just All New Wolverine(which I'm still on the fence if I want to continue with) and the Darth Maul mini. I was excited for the new Cable series when it was announced...but with all these constent events, tie-ins, replacement, big changes, etc has just left me completely apathetic to Marvel at this point.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Jeez, Bendis is still going on about how Riri is the best? I really can't wait for someone else to clean that mess up.
    Oh, I wouldn't put too much faith in what Bendis says.Afterall he was the one who wrote Stark saying that the Sentry was going to become one of the greatest Avengers ever and he wanted to be in the team to see it when it happened. Plus his ANAD Iron Man series was the book that would establish Stark as Marvel foremost flagship character.

I don't reconize Marvel at all.
    Nothing of interest. Not even a trade.

Astonishing Member

SECRET EMPIRE #1
    DOCTOR STRANGE #21
    CABLE #1
    UNCANNY AVENGERS #23
    VENOM #150
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #27
    SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #17

And depending if i like the first issues i will buy as well:

SECRET EMPIRE #2,3.
    BEN REILLY: SCARLET SPIDER #2
    MAN-THING #4

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I don't reconize Marvel at all.
    Nothing of interest. Not even a trade.
    You'll be glad within the fall when everything goes back to basics.

yay.

ASM 27
    Ben Reilly: SS 2
    Moon Knight 14 - I know Lemire said its not cancelled. but won't be surprised if this get phantom cancelled, only to re-launch in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    i mean who was asking for a little baby groot ongoing series?....

wouldn't most movie goers wonder why Rocket Raccoon is going All Ocean's 11 and working with Criminal Space Aliens In Business Suit and a talking chicken wearing sunglasses...
    I was the one asking for a Groot ongoing series. If he has to be in the Baby form for it to happen, I'll still take it.

And that's the thing with everything having to be related to the movies/shows being released, it's all hit or miss. You can have something like Guardians Of The Galaxy adapting to resemble Vol. 2, which given how people felt about the last GotG run can be good or bad, but you also have Jessica Jones and Defenders getting new ongoing series all because of the Netflix shows. Also Black Panther and Captain Marvel have been getting a lot more love because of all that, or alternatively Inhumans getting a bit too much love than others may feel.

Either way, the stories can turn out good or bad, so I'm just interested to see what they do with these materials to make them enjoyable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    You'll be glad within the fall when everything goes back to basics.

yay.
    X-Men are getting there early.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

X-Men Gold, RYV, Ultimates, Cable, and Nick Fury. This will actually be a pretty huge expansion to my Marvel pull list.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I was the one asking for a Groot ongoing series. If he has to be in the Baby form for it to happen, I'll still take it.

And that's the thing with everything having to be related to the movies/shows being released, it's all hit or miss. You can have something like Guardians Of The Galaxy adapting to resemble Vol. 2, which given how people felt about the last GotG run can be good or bad, but you also have Jessica Jones and Defenders getting new ongoing series all because of the Netflix shows. Also Black Panther and Captain Marvel have been getting a lot more love because of all that, or alternatively Inhumans getting a bit too much love than others may feel.

Either way, the stories can turn out good or bad, so I'm just interested to see what they do with these materials to make them enjoyable.

A Baby Groot Series though means he's weaker and can't do as many things as when he's larger

it'd basically be him desperately trying to survive and make his way back to the guardians when he's in this vulnerable state

No Iceman 'til June is a real kick in the jewels.

A Baby Groot Series though means he's weaker and can't do as many things as when he's larger

it'd basically be him desperately trying to survive and make his way back to the guardians when he's in this vulnerable state
    I mean the Groot mini-series had him barely fighting in that, it was mostly him scouring the universe and seeing how interacted with other characters alone, as well as getting a chance to look into his head for once. If we get more of that, even with him on a smaller scale now, I'm all for it. That and I also believe Christopher Hastings is an excellent choice to work with this material too.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think many of us stated this would be a complaint lol

- same artist on every isssue but it leads to obvious delays bc A list artist can't move that fast... complain

- switch artist up so the issues come out on time... complain

oh wellz
    No, i know its shipping fast and they are using 4 artists.

They could have planned better to get 2 issues in a row from the same artist, its 40 freaking pages.

Mc
    Mc
    Yu
    Yu
    Sor
    Sor
    Acuna
    Acuna
    Mc

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I mean the Groot mini-series had him barely fighting in that, it was mostly him scouring the universe and seeing how interacted with other characters alone, as well as getting a chance to look into his head for once. If we get more of that, even with him on a smaller scale now, I'm all for it. That and I also believe Christopher Hastings is an excellent choice to work with this material too.
    i just think baby characters are kinda lame in this instance...requires a very good supporting cast to keep them alive

and it's confirmed the world he's stuck on is full of underdeveloped morons

i just think baby characters are kinda lame in this instance...requires a very good supporting cast to keep them alive

and it's confirmed the world he's stuck on is full of underdeveloped morons
    but it's Groot. he's already mono-syllabic. all they did was make him shorter.