Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Definitely Aqualad from Young Justice.

They introduced him in Brightest Day but beyond name and costume he seemed like a completely different character.

Then they introduced him again in rebirth.

We'll see what they do with him but honestly I just wish they would rip him wholesale from Young Justice. I have little interest in a character that is kind of him but not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Toyman (Superman: The Animated Series)
    Toyman is from the comics. He originally appeared in 1943

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Sara Lance as resurrected ex-League of Assassins, Capt of the Warerider White Canary has exceeded any of the Black Canaries in the Arrow-verse. Not sure how, but seeing a White Canary like her would be awesome. (long lost sister of the DCU's Black Canary maybe?)
    Great idea, and since the current version of Black Canary is still Dinah Drake , you could have Sara Lance be her half sister or, if you've got the time travel aspect, her former mentor who trained her to take on the mantel of Black Canary.

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat Alex View Post
    Definitely Aqualad from Young Justice.

They introduced him in Brightest Day but beyond name and costume he seemed like a completely different character.

Then they introduced him again in rebirth.

We'll see what they do with him but honestly I just wish they would rip him wholesale from Young Justice. I have little interest in a character that is kind of him but not really.
    Yeah absolutely. What's his name, Jackson Lake or something? I don't care about a human boy whose homophobic mom thinks he's the devil because he likes to kiss boys, I want Kaldur'ahm for Neptune's sake! I'm glad Aqualad's got his blonde hair back in the Teen Titans solicits, and I don't know whether he's still "Jackson", but I'm going to find it a lot harder to care about him if he is!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Yeah absolutely. What's his name, Jackson Lake or something? I don't care about a human boy whose homophobic mom thinks he's the devil because he likes to kiss boys, I want Kaldur'ahm for Neptune's sake! I'm glad Aqualad's got his blonde hair back in the Teen Titans solicits, and I don't know whether he's still "Jackson", but I'm going to find it a lot harder to care about him if he is!
    They should probably just give Jackson an honorary Atlantean name like Conner got "Kon-El" as a Kryptonian name .

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Toyman is from the comics. He originally appeared in 1943
    Their have been 4 Toymen one version came directly from Superman: The Animated Series.

Astonishing Member

There's a few characters and relationships that I hope make the jump from film media or animated media into the source material, the same way that Jimmy Olsen and Harley Quinn and Livewire all did. And Roxy Rocket, can't forget her. Oh and Chloe Sullivan, eventually, though she def needs to come back sooner than later. God I'm so happy that the comics finally gave Magpie her amazing Beware the Batman costume!

1. Tigress & Sportsmaster ... & Cheshire. In the comics Artemis Crock is still Sportsmaster's and Tigress's daughter, but has no canonical relationship to Cheshire that I know of. And I don't think Cheshire has any relationship to anybody in particular (barring Roy and Lian). But this is a change I like very much, in fact it informs ... well, pretty much most of my even caring about any of these characters.

2. Alex Danvers. Anyway we've got the Danverses in Supergirl now so it's not hard to think that an in-universe version of Alex is probably pending, especially with how well Orlando's Supergirl hews to the conventions of the TV show.

3. Deathstroke's ponytail from Young Justice. Look I love me some Priest Deathstroke right now, big time. But I just thought Y.J.'s Deathstroke having a ponytail was just so very befitting of ... well, the arrogant, douchebagginess of Slade Wilson. I mean he's got that stupid chin-goatee with no mustache look going on already ... the ponytail is literally the icing on the bastard cake.

4. Look, she doesn't have to be Batgirl. But Barbara (name-change?) Wilson from Batman and Robin, Alicia Silverstone's character, the daughter of Alfred's sister, would be kind of neat. I like meeting Pennyworths. Julia is fantastic, Alfred also has his brother Wilfred and Wilfred's daughter Daphne. It's a great bunch. And an adventure in England is so overdue. Hell ... give us Chase Meridian as an Arkham therapist, too, while we're at it.

5. Lenny Luthor. Look, Lenny Luthor was one kind of not great feature in a movie FULL of bad, bad features. But I kind of adore the notion that Lex (and Lena) Luthor, being from Smallville, have some dimwit hillbilly crust punk nephew or cousin or second-cousin, and their superiority complex about their genetics and BEING A LUTHOR mean that for some reason, even though he's a complete idiot, they just can't stop giving the kid chances to at least be involved or hang out, if not "outright be a sidekick" in family villainy. He could be Nastalthia's brother, obvs, because that'd be punk as f***. And Lex could show up in a limo and be like "Lenny you're a burger flipper. NO LUTHOR SHOULD BE A BURGER FLIPPER."

6. Joe West. I don't want Joe West to be Wally's or Iris's dad. But I do want him to be a dead ringer for TV's Joe West. In the comics, we know that Iris and Danny's dad, also Wally's grandpa, was a prick. We know Wally II is Daniel's kid. And we know that it was Captain Frye who took Barry in after Henry got framed. But that does not mean we can't have a Jesse Martin-styled Joe West, maybe a cousin or "Uncle Joe", who is a decorated police officer, friend, mentor and just great guy.

7. Harrison Wells. Just, ditto. In the books, you're not gonna have Jesse Quick's dad not be Johnny Quick, but come now, just give us Harry as the ultimate "good guy" Speed Scientist. I mean have we ever met the actual "C.E.O." of S.T.A.R. Labs, or is it always just Metropolis super-friend Emil Hamilton?

8. Max Schreck. There's a zillion billionaire CEOs who are set up as foils to Bruce Wayne but they always seem to end up being like, The Wrath, or something. Another costumed menace. Chris Walken's evil billionaire was like the best part of Batman Returns. Just draining the life out of Gotham, legally, electrically. And with all the jazz that always happens to Gotham Power & Grid, it's like, wouldn't the CEO of Gotham Electric just have a huge bone to pick with "Batman" for all the mayhem and syphoning?

9. Fish Mooney. Hey, why not? Gotham could use a lady crime-boss. Someone who Penguin can't seem to get along with and who Catwoman does favors for. I adored the short-lived "Catwoman: Queenpin of Crime" period, especially in the Eternal books where she was actually still heavy on the cat-themed theatrics, Batman '66 style, but Selina was always destined to go back to leather-clad burgling. But give me a Fish Mooney that has a heavy dose of Eartha Kitt in her makeup and I'll be like, "Carmine Who?"

10. Egghead. I know he's occasionally namedropped or easter egged and has appeared in comics that are 'in-continuity' before. But I'm talking like ... Vincent Price portrayed this guy. The King of Horror, Vincent Price. Give us a proper Egghead, man!
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Gotham's version of Victor Zsasz. I like his quirk of treating his work as a hitman like it was a mundune office job.

I liked Damian's outfit from the injustice comic and wouldn't mind if it made the jump to the mainstream.
    https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress...among-us-2.png

Toyman from Superman the Animated Series was creepy. Did they ever show his face? Was that his face, some kind of Charlie Brown head and body going on?

yeah, creepy.
    I have no beef with Vegans

I'm not a big 'shipper, but the Nightwing and Zatanna thing from YJ just feels right, and I'd like to see that explored in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    the "Runaways".

Would love to see the "Runaways , designs and civilian IDs, somewhat merged with their original SuperFriend analogues. Although they'd need a new team name, and I'd Keep Asami "Sam" Koizumi but also add a legit Toshio Eto Samurai/Wind Dragon analogue.

I also liked the Animated U's Batwomen Trio:
    Kathy Duquesne, Roxanne "Rocky" Ballantine, and Detective Sonia Alcana.
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-26-2024 at 08:36 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The character of the Music Meister

For a one shot character he's highly memorable and entertaining. There were references to him in Arkham Knight and he's the villain of the Flash/Supergirl crossover musical.

With some variation they've teased at it, but I would love to see JLU's Weird Western: Justice Riders, as a team be a regular part of DCU's history.

With: Bat Lash - Jonah Hex - El Diablo - Ohiyesa Smith, add - Cinnamon - Nighthawk - and maybe Barbary Ghost - to make it 7
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-24-2017 at 08:47 AM.

Razer and Aya all the way.

rlove_your_hair_by_welpe-d6awgxe.jpg