Default MCU Thor vs. MOS General Zod

Zod without his armor

Thor as of Age of Ultron

Who wins

5365470-blogger-image-1307668167.jpg

vs

michael-shannon-as-general-zod.jpg

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Where does this take place? Presence of a yellow sun is rather important.

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

Earth, on neutral terrain

Thor can take a punch from the Hulk so I don't think Kryptonians are out of his league.

Zod is supposedly a professional soldier but managed to get himself killed by an untrained farmboy from Kansas.

When you factor in Mjolnir as well I think the Odinson takes this one.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Quinch View Post
    Thor can take a punch from the Hulk so I don't think Kryptonians are out of his league.

Zod is supposedly a professional soldier but managed to get himself killed by an untrained farmboy from Kansas.

When you factor in Mjolnir as well I think the Odinson takes this one.
    but only barely. looking back at the fight, zod was control the pace with clark only gaining the advantage towards the end.

not saying he would win. just that clark wasn't looking very good in that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    but only barely. looking back at the fight, zod was control the pace with clark only gaining the advantage towards the end.

not saying he would win. just that clark wasn't looking very good in that fight.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    you can see clark trying to keep the fight contained but zod just wasn't having it.

BANNED

More like suicide by Superman than actually getting himself killed if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    More like suicide by Superman than actually getting himself killed if you ask me.
    You may have a point there but I still think Thor has a pretty good shot even against a bloodlusted Zod.

Of course, if this were the MU comic book Thor it would end in a quick stomp since his hammer is based on magic rather than technology and Kryptonians don't fare so well against that.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

You may have a point there but I still think Thor has a pretty good shot even against a bloodlusted Zod.

Of course, if this were the MU comic book Thor it would end in a quick stomp since his hammer is based on magic rather than technology and Kryptonians don't fare so well against that.
    If it was comic versions we'd have another Thor speed debate on our hands.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    If it was comic versions we'd have another Thor speed debate on our hands.
    Cthulhu's favorites in no particular order: Silver Surfer, Thor, Deadpool, Crazy Mc Moon Knight.

Thor'd get blitzed. Marvel gets a bucket full of telepathy, DC gets a brick/speedster care package.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Yeah, Thor might be able to hang with Kryptonians in terms of durability *maybe* strength, but Zod and Supes were routinely fighting at superspeed. Thor's shown travel speed and obviously speed to twirl his hammer, but that's about it, really. Even if he has some degree of superspeed and agility, it def. wasn't as fast as Zod nor deployed as aggressively.

Swiss army nerd

It's been a while since I watched MoS so I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that neither Zod nor Clark actually appeared to take any significant damage from their city wrecking, crash down from re-entry battle until Clark finished it in the station. Their strength is impressive but it looks like their durability is off the scale to the point where they couldn't seriously damage each other (other than the neck snap).

Even in BvS, Superman only ever really took damage when there was Kryptonite involved. When he starts fighting Doomsday he has a large cut on his cheek from where Bats cut him with the Kryptonite, which makes me think he wasn't fully recovered when he took on DD. Then he comes back and DD bats him around but he doesn't take any serious damage again till he's holding a chunk of Kryptonite.

I think DCEU Kryptonians might have a level of durability Thor can't really put down, now that I think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    It's been a while since I watched MoS so I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that neither Zod nor Clark actually appeared to take any significant damage from their city wrecking, crash down from re-entry battle until Clark finished it in the station. Their strength is impressive but it looks like their durability is off the scale to the point where they couldn't seriously damage each other (other than the neck snap).

Even in BvS, Superman only ever really took damage when there was Kryptonite involved. When he starts fighting Doomsday he has a large cut on his cheek from where Bats cut him with the Kryptonite, which makes me think he wasn't fully recovered when he took on DD. Then he comes back and DD bats him around but he doesn't take any serious damage again till he's holding a chunk of Kryptonite.

I think DCEU Kryptonians might have a level of durability Thor can't really put down, now that I think of it.

A better debate might be who is more durable... Thor or Superman/Zod.

Because Thor can take all sorts of lickins and keeps on tickin as well.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post

There is a huge difference between further wrecking an already previously wrecked city, and outright busting it for one. For two; Thor walks off from that sort of thing casually. Supes didn't.

A better match would be MCU Thor vs DCEU DD really.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral